Mahwah, NJ 07430, USA

I ordered a small floral basket arrangement on Wed Mar 22 to be delivered to a viewing, funeral service, and graveside service prior to 10 am two days later.The service was in another city, 200 miles away, but a family member was in attendance.

My representative texted me on the day of the service to say that the flowers were not there. I called the funeral director personally, twice, and she confirmed that the delivery had not been logged in either on the 23rd or the 24th (day of the service). I even got the names of 7 local florists in this particular area, and checked with each of them, to see if AvasFlowers.com had contracted with them to provide the delivery. All of them said no, and 2 of the 7 had nothing but horrible things to say about AvasFlowers.com, saying they were disreputable and were a scam.

I paid $86.93 for the arrangement, and yet IT WAS NOT THERE. I immediately emailed the company and asked for a full refund. I rec'd a canned response, with their promise that they would investigate thoroughly and that customer satisfaction was their utmost priority; instead of my being a priority, I went back and forth for a period of 3 weeks, exchanging emails, while they "investigated" the situation with their "local designer/florist." Naturally, the local florist swore that the delivery was made. But in fact, the flowers were not there.

I have been patiently waiting for 3 weeks until today I finally rec'd an email from their manager, saying that there is no way they can give me a refund, as their florist was adamant that the delivery was made. At the very least, for 3 weeks' worth of hassle, and because there was DOUBT cast, one would think that a company who vows that they are so interested in customer satisfaction would have at least offered to refund half of the amount spent. Furthermore, when I initially called, I was rudely refused the name of the local florist with whom they contracted, twice, put on hold while the call center person supposedly went to check with his supervisor, and then cut off. This company has horrible customer service, DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY, as I did, unfortunately.

I learned a valuable lesson. I will go out of my way to learn the identity of a local florist when I want to send flowers to an out of town location, and I will deal ONLY with them.

DO NOT GIVE THIS COMPANY YOUR BUSINESS.YOU WILL BE SORRY, AND YOU WILL END UP WITH NOTHING TO SHOW FOR YOUR PURCHASE.

Review about: Basket Of Memories.

I didn't like: Non-delivery of product ordered and no refund given.

1.5
Style and Design
Turnaround Time
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy / $87
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Avasflowers?

Comments

Chelsea, Alabama, United States #1314901

The basket of memories appears to be a Teleflora product and retails for$92.95 for the standard arrangement.You can be assured that Ava's tried to send this order but for only half what you paid for it.

No florist would keep the order because they'd lose money.

In fact a lot of florists are getting out of the wire services because we pay high fees to participate.Ava's isn't the worst of these sending only call centers either.