Avasflowers - Worst Flower Company On the Interent

I have had difficulties with this company and ordering flowers from the beginning. Here are all of the conversations that have taken place from 2/11/16 until 2/15/16.

Hi there Sherri,

You recently placed an order for Maggie Magdalena to be delivered on 02/11/2016. We take customer experience very seriously and want to ensure that you receive the best service we can provide. We would love to hear about your experience, so we've created a personalized feedback page just for you! Visit your personalized feedback page by clicking the link below to submit your comment.

Please take the time to tell us about your experience by clicking the following link:

We truly appreciate your time and thank you for your business.

Avas Flowers

My response;

To Whom It May Concern;

This has been the "WORST" experience I have ever had trying to order a beautiful bouquet of flowers. I originally called simply to ask a question, which was do your flowers arrangements already come already arranged in the vase or do you have to arrange them yourself? I had found several online companies that did that by sending the vase and flowers separate in the same box. When I called the representative at that moment was very helpful explaining to me which ones come in a vase. I had one picked out that I was looking at but hadn't actually had my mind set after finding out his explanation. Before I knew it he was asking me all of my information asked me to type in something that created a pin online, asked me which arrangement I wanted, got my credit card information, asked me if I wanted a ribbon and what color and then told me the price of 98.00 plus change. I said take the ribbon off which came to the 93.94. I commenced to ask how much two or three different times as I was still in shock. He began talking extremely fast as I started question him about the price. He started rambling about how much money he was saving me. After realizing what had just happened, I "IMMEDIATELY" called back twice trying to just cancel the order. Both times I got the automated system which asked me to pick a time for the next day, at that point I knew I wouldn't be able to get this resolved and felt now I had been scammed. I had several employees and Asst. Managers donate to the Asst. these flowers were going to so I figured I would just suck it up and deal with it. Once I saw the flowers when they arrived and everyone else had, for the look and the price everyone was in a FURY!!! Here is this little bunched up bouquet of flowers that in your statement you say, may vary a little bit will get as close as possible but will still have "The same look and feel" That is a joke! Not even close!! I then immediately called the florist who delivered them, who in turn asked me why I was calling them instead of you. I informed them I wanted all the facts and I had full intentions!!! She read the flowers off to me, in which they were all there and then she read the "Roundy Moundy" that she informed me they don't even do anymore but that is what was on the order. So here I got a bunch of flowers that look like they had been tied together, the stems cut off short, and looked squashed in this little pink vase. Instead of a big beautiful round bouquet as shown in your picture above, I got what I call a squatty body. I have pictures of what your photo looks like and what was received. I would love nothing more than to send them to you, so that you could see the "HUGE DIFFERENCE" why I have been so persistent in resolving this disappointment. I would have liked to have sent the flowers back but the Asst. had already seen them prior to me giving them to her so there wasn't much I could do at that point.

I then tried calling after seeing the flowers again and again getting the recording to set up a time to call for the next day. I chose 10:00 am to 10:30 and the call came at 9:00 so here I was late for work. What was the point of making arrangements for a call back time? I spoke with a representative named Orby. I first asked him for an invoice since I had not received one which he sent while I was on the phone. I then began telling him a portion of what happened and he said "I can credit your account $10.00", when I continued telling him about the first rep and how I felt that I had been railroaded he bumped it up to $20.00. He stated “Well we know you got your invoice so I will be sending you an email confirming the $20.00 credit.” Never happened!!

As a Customer Service Manager myself I know the meaning of customer service as I deal with it daily. He informed me that the first person I dealt with would be attended too. I told him I appreciated his offer while he continuously was telling me, “But on your next order this can save you this much money, Mother’s Day is coming up Father’s Day, or maybe as sympathy flowers.” I really am trying to keep my composure even as I write this thinking about the whole incidence. We ended by him saying “I am going to go ahead and credit your account that is 24.25 and it never expires.” I don’t even know where the 4.25 came from, but I gave him what he wanted which was for me to accept his offer since he stated that we were being recorded. I said “Fine but I will NOT be using your services again!!” I will be writing Consumer Affairs to let other consumers know that your customer satisfaction is not 100% guaranteed with the happiness of your so called arrangements.

What I got wasn't a beautiful array of flowers as shown in the picture but a bunch of flowers too small for the vase, to short, and all mushed together.

I will be the first to tell you I am not looking for a "Freebie" We all went in together for an Asst. who had just had a heart attack recently, lost on of her best friends and father-n-law all in a week’s time. We wanted something as beautiful as she is, inside and out, to bring a smile to her face. She might have given us the smile at the thought of what we did for her, but that's only because she doesn't know any of this, and what type of expectation of bouquet we thought we were getting, and how disgruntled we are at what we actually received.

That is the best way I can explain it.

How you can do better is by informing your representatives to answer the questions the consumers ask and then say politely "Would you like to go ahead and place your order with us now? Or "Were you ready to go ahead and place your order?" “Is there anything specific I can help you with or that you are looking for?”

Don’t be “pushy” when you already have an upset or mad customer, the customer service is to deescalate not escalate the situation. Make recommendations and if it can’t be handled by customer service, then it should have gone higher up.

More and more people shop on the internet these days and just because they are unsure of something and calling looking for answers prior to ordering doesn't always mean they want to order right then, or mean they need to be taken advantage of in a sneaky sort of way. That is just not good business, which is how your company has portrayed itself to me.

Would I recommend your company for doing the right thing? Absolutely NOT!! Would I tell this same story to Consumer Affairs to raise public awareness and to be careful? Most Definitely!!

What is the best or worst recommendation???

Sherri Robertson

We received your inquiry regarding your delivery. We apologize if there was a problem with the quality or design of the arrangement. We strive to provide only the freshest flowers and would like to help resolve this issue. If possible, please send us a picture of the arrangement that was received by your recipient. Once we receive your photo we will review it and contact you with a resolution. Please include your order # 2916140 in the subject line. Thank You in advance.

Avas Flowers

My response;

To Whom It May Concern;

I received your email this afternoon requesting the pictures of the bouquet that was delivered. The first picture will be that of your photo of what I at least semi expected the bouquet to look like. The second picture and third were taken as soon as the flowers arrived. The fourth and fifth pictures were taken after we added more items to compensate for the poorly executed display of flowers that was sent.

I don't want credit towards the account as this involved many different people in the company contributing. I don't want a refund of what the flowers cost. What I would like is an arrangement sent that is a full and beautiful looking bouquet that I can be proud for my Asst. to see with the "WOW" factor which is what your first picture looked like.The arrangement doesn't even have to be the same one, but something your company would be proud to send, and I would be proud saying I ordered from your company, and could recommend.

This has been a long process trying to get customer satisfaction and a simple resolution that hasn't been simple at all. If I just could have gotten a hold of a LIVE representative when I immediately tried to call back versus an automated system that kept hanging up, or trying to get me to make a call arrangement for the next day, or even a cancellation button with 15-30 minutes of placing an order. Then you could have sent an email asking why. But none of those options were available. Not even to modify the order so thanks to your representative much to my disappointment here I am having to plead my case, which is exactly how I feel right now.

Thank you for your attention to this matter and your quick responses.

Sherri Robertson

We regret that you were unhappy with the receipt of your order. After reviewing your beautiful photo, and reviewing the recipe of this particular arrangement all flowers are represented accordingly. Therefore, your order has been approved and meets the Product Description as well as our Substitution Policies. I have attached a copy of Our Substitution Policy for your viewing.

**Item pictured is a depiction of an arrangement that we will make as similar as possible with the same look and feel**

Enjoy your day.

Carmen Ramirez

My Final Response;

Ms. Ramirez,

I am disappointed at the outcome of this decision. I never said all of the flowers weren't present, but in comparison to the arrangement that your picture depicts of what I ordered I do not feel that it had the same look and feel. As I have said in my previous emails I will continue my process of filing a complaint through Consumer Affairs allowing other consumers to know how this out come turned out, which will allow consumers to know that you do not stand behind your 100% satisfaction guarantee.

I also did not receive an attached copy of your Substitution Policy as you mentioned.

Have a great day

Sherri Robertson

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Turnaround Time

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Depiction of photo versus actual arrangement received

Reason of review:
Not as described
Preferred solution:
Deliver product or service ordered
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Avasflowers Pretty Pink Bouquet
Review category
Flowers / Florist
review #790536 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Avasflowers? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.