For a Valentine's Day gift for my Mom, I ordered from Ava's Flowers a $65 arrangement of roses, lilies, carnations, and wax flowers, in a porcelain pitcher with a satin ribbon and a greeting card.Their web site leads you to believe that they're a a local florist, showing their position on a map of your city, with a list of nearby local businesses.
By the time I realized what I was dealing with, they refused to refund my money. They sent approximately 8 stems (I should describe them as sticks) with shriveled, brown, unopened lily buds, and some scrappy ferns. There were no water tubes, but they really weren't needed since the flowers were long dead. They included an oversized clear glass vase.
It's no exaggeration to say that the flowers look like they were salvaged from a cemetery dumpster. I called Avas Flowers 4 times last night, but I was cut off each time after a substantial hold time. I sent a complaint via their web site, but they haven't replied, and all negative comments posted on their Facebook page are hidden.
I've filed a complaint at Paypal's resolution center, which is my only hope for a refund, I'm sure.On the plus side, I've learned a valuable lesson about getting suckered on the internet.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Flower Arrangement
- Review category
- Flowers / Florist
You May Also Like
- "CAUTION!!!! Never use Avas Flowers! Avoid them at all costs! Here is my experience as I reported to them in the survey then sent me. I will never order from Avas again. 1-I..."
- "Do not do business with this company, they are scam artists. The bouquet I sent was supposed to be valued at $87.99 and it looked like something from the..."
- "Sought a bouquet for Mother's Day on the internet from 'implied' local florist in Maryland. This outfit is a hub located in New Jersey. See attached pictures of the lower..."
- "I bought an Al Pincer Kitchen Knife set and could not be more disappointed. The knives were dull and fell apart within 2 days!!! I saw their advertisement on craigslist(I..."
- "Purchased 4 of the Hudson Street Faux Suede 22 x 22 in. Decorative Pillows in Mocha from Jet.com and they were shipped from Hayneedle. Wished I had known they were..."
- "I just got through sending them an email expressing my dissatisfaction in a $180 order. The pens were junk. Paper glued to a cheap pen. A kitchen towel that was..."
- " Attention: CEO: Beryl Raff CFO: Laura Kirsner COO: Joyce Hrinya Regarding Account Number: 480213852429 XX I purchased some jewelry from your company on July 17, 2014, and August 6,..."
- "I ordered a two products from Bonanza vendors, best price I could find. Showing in stock, I purchased and later received an email stating it was out of stock, nicely..."
- "I was notified that I had won the Birds & Blooms Great Backyard Giveaway contest. I was in formed that I had won (one) HOLIDAY BELL™ with Hummingbird Wind Catcher..."