For a Valentine's Day gift for my Mom, I ordered from Ava's Flowers a $65 arrangement of roses, lilies, carnations, and wax flowers, in a porcelain pitcher with a satin ribbon and a greeting card.Their web site leads you to believe that they're a a local florist, showing their position on a map of your city, with a list of nearby local businesses.
By the time I realized what I was dealing with, they refused to refund my money. They sent approximately 8 stems (I should describe them as sticks) with shriveled, brown, unopened lily buds, and some scrappy ferns. There were no water tubes, but they really weren't needed since the flowers were long dead. They included an oversized clear glass vase.
It's no exaggeration to say that the flowers look like they were salvaged from a cemetery dumpster. I called Avas Flowers 4 times last night, but I was cut off each time after a substantial hold time. I sent a complaint via their web site, but they haven't replied, and all negative comments posted on their Facebook page are hidden.
I've filed a complaint at Paypal's resolution center, which is my only hope for a refund, I'm sure.On the plus side, I've learned a valuable lesson about getting suckered on the internet.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Flower Arrangement
- Review category
- Flowers / Florist
You May Also Like
- "The photo on the left is what was delivered to my sister at work, on her birthday, with a card that read, "sorry for your loss" The photo on..."
- " The day after my nephew passed, my wife called Avas to have an arrangement sent to the funeral home. She specifically ordered FALL colors, An orange sach and then..."
- "I ordered the Premium Autumn Expressions bouquet and the flowers that were delivered look nothing like the arrangement that I ordered. It should have been fall colors. Also,..."
- "We bought three of these to hang side by side. Two of the shades were fine, but the third, when fully retracted, hung lower than the other two. So,..."
- "There is a dangerous and anonymous cyber-terrorist going around the internet named MrMikesArseHole. He has several accounts on YouTube and on other sites he uses to torture people with and..."
- "I watched a Sonic commercial promoting their breakfast. I didn't even know they had breakfast and I live right around the corner. I arrive around 8am and I was the..."
- "I have spent alot of money at the buckle and against my wife's wishes, I bought expensive jeans that cost about $100 a piece. Within a year one of the..."
- "Ref: 00411547 About a year ago I returned a portion of a bottle of Tide as I found that a glue-like substance kept blocking my Whirlpool Duet liquid soap dispenser...."
- "I first spoke with chat agent Peter. He gave me the part numbers of the LED headlights that supposedly fit my Subaru. I made the purchase and three..."