For a Valentine's Day gift for my Mom, I ordered from Ava's Flowers a $65 arrangement of roses, lilies, carnations, and wax flowers, in a porcelain pitcher with a satin ribbon and a greeting card.Their web site leads you to believe that they're a a local florist, showing their position on a map of your city, with a list of nearby local businesses.
By the time I realized what I was dealing with, they refused to refund my money. They sent approximately 8 stems (I should describe them as sticks) with shriveled, brown, unopened lily buds, and some scrappy ferns. There were no water tubes, but they really weren't needed since the flowers were long dead. They included an oversized clear glass vase.
It's no exaggeration to say that the flowers look like they were salvaged from a cemetery dumpster. I called Avas Flowers 4 times last night, but I was cut off each time after a substantial hold time. I sent a complaint via their web site, but they haven't replied, and all negative comments posted on their Facebook page are hidden.
I've filed a complaint at Paypal's resolution center, which is my only hope for a refund, I'm sure.On the plus side, I've learned a valuable lesson about getting suckered on the internet.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Flower Arrangement
- Review category
- Flowers / Florist
You May Also Like
- "...I paid $64 for this and what was sent not only looked nothing like the picture but it wasn't worth $64..."
- "I had ordered a (what I thought was going to be)beautiful lily bouquet for my Sister's Anniversary. When she got it, it was just a couple of lilies in..."
- "I went on the Ava's Website and found an amazing arrangement of pink flowers in a pink vase with a cute little frame for the new baby girl- I ordered..."
- "My son ordered a hoodie without permission / I attempted to cancel immediately / Web site will not allow you to cancel order, must call support line / Support line..."
- "Our storage unit was broken into in October 2016 - the thief was caught in plain sight by my wife..."
- "MEMPHIS TN SHELBY COUNTY...............Extended Arms Cleaning Contractor's ....Nancy Taylor it's a crime to online harass make FALSE claims call or in anyway directly or in directly try to contact myself..."
- "Trey Boyd owns and operates scorpion towing in Roanoke VA and has been involved with a scandal in the past allegedly involving paying off a family to avoid going ..."
- "I bought an Al Pincer Kitchen Knife set and could not be more disappointed. The knives were dull and fell apart within 2 days!!! I saw their advertisement on craigslist(I..."
- "Purchased 4 of the Hudson Street Faux Suede 22 x 22 in. Decorative Pillows in Mocha from Jet.com and they were shipped from Hayneedle. Wished I had known they were..."