Roanoke, Virginia

For a Valentine's Day gift for my Mom, I ordered from Ava's Flowers a $65 arrangement of roses, lilies, carnations, and wax flowers, in a porcelain pitcher with a satin ribbon and a greeting card.Their web site leads you to believe that they're a a local florist, showing their position on a map of your city, with a list of nearby local businesses.

By the time I realized what I was dealing with, they refused to refund my money. They sent approximately 8 stems (I should describe them as sticks) with shriveled, brown, unopened lily buds, and some scrappy ferns. There were no water tubes, but they really weren't needed since the flowers were long dead. They included an oversized clear glass vase.

It's no exaggeration to say that the flowers look like they were salvaged from a cemetery dumpster. I called Avas Flowers 4 times last night, but I was cut off each time after a substantial hold time. I sent a complaint via their web site, but they haven't replied, and all negative comments posted on their Facebook page are hidden.

I've filed a complaint at Paypal's resolution center, which is my only hope for a refund, I'm sure.On the plus side, I've learned a valuable lesson about getting suckered on the internet.

Review about: Flower Arrangement.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Avasflowers Arrangement
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $65
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Avasflowers?

Comments

Stony Brook, New York, United States #1232363

Avas Flowers are scammers! they must be stopped!