The day after my nephew passed, my wife called Avas to have an arrangement sent to the funeral home.She specifically ordered FALL colors, An orange sach and then paid EXTRA for them to be in a wicker basket with Handle so that my sister can take them home with her.
We were also informed that they would be delivered to the funeral home by 4pm because the viewing started at 5. 1st) they didn't get there until 6:30, while a 150 people were standing around. 2) They WEREN'T fall colors, they were bright pinks and greens. 3) They weren't in a basket, they were placed in some *** looking white plastic container that is normally used to sit on a grave, but definitely NOT to be used to take home.
When we called AVAS flowers about this, we were told they had to email the floral designer 1st to find out what happened. I told them I don't care what excuse the floral designer says, that I wanted my money back because what was delivered was NOT what we ordered. In a NUT Shell, after 5 days of fighting with them on the phone, I was told by a supervisor, TOUGH S***. That there's a small wording on the invoice that says it's the Floral designer discretion to substitute flowers based upon what they have available.
That's Bull****. It's FALL, NOT SPRING, Why in the world would a (Professional Designer) send SPRING flowers to a FALL FUNERAL. What was sent was more along the lines of flowers being sent to a wedding. When I demanded my money back, I was told that since it's their discretion to use what is available, and that they were delivered, they would be happy to issue me a full in store credit to be used whenever I wanted to.
Once i told them I would NEVER use their services again, they then denied me a full refund. I was only issued a 50% refund, based upon that they made an arrangement and delivered the wrong flowers. I'm submitting 2 photos. 1 is a funeral arrangement for a member of my wifes family that also passed away 1 week AFTER my nephews funeral, with flowers designed with FALL colors and a funeral, and am submitting my nephews flowers.
For my wifes family member, we paid HALF of what we paid for Avas flowers, and got exactly what we wanted.
If anyone ever decides to order flowers, run as fast as you can from this company.
Because even when they totally screw up your order and even deliver the WRONG thing, they are going to make their money, one way or another.This company sucks.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Style and Design|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
What I liked
- Extremely discontent
- Too bad the product doesnt match the internet photos
What I disliked
- Flowers or customer service or accountability
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I am on day 2 of trying to get this resolved. I ordered flowers for a sick friend and what they sent her was nothing like what I paid for...."
- "I am active duty military and new to area. After bad experiences with flowers mailed in past looked for a "local florist". AVAS FLOWERS claimed to be local and deliver..."
- "I placed an order with Ava's Flowers 373 S Main Street New City NY 10956 for a flower arrangement of a certain style/color scheme (pink/purple multi-colored). the flowers sent..."
- "You are selling a product called syringe pens. In light of all of the heroin overdoses it is highly inappropriate. Its one thing for a doctor to use it as..."
- "I'd like to bring to your attention a service and product quality breakdown (both of these). Last week I took my mother-in-law to your store because I happened to be..."
- "I must say I have seen some complicated scams before but this one ranks right up there. Do not do any work with this so called media group called Zillion..."
- "I used thumbtack for a contractor and you are right no accountability. It took 3 weeks to get a very small kitchen remodeled with. Countertops. Floor, backsplash. Cabinets and..."
- "Better use consignee rather than your own people which not taking care and stealing the contents of the box. batter add precautions and implement rules to avoid this kind of..."
- "A coach USA bus almost killed my family and several in the cars around us today around 2pm eastbound on I-64 in Newport News Virginia. Driving way too fast for..."