Avasflowers - Worst Floral Company Ever

The day after my nephew passed, my wife called Avas to have an arrangement sent to the funeral home.She specifically ordered FALL colors, An orange sach and then paid EXTRA for them to be in a wicker basket with Handle so that my sister can take them home with her.

We were also informed that they would be delivered to the funeral home by 4pm because the viewing started at 5. 1st) they didn't get there until 6:30, while a 150 people were standing around. 2) They WEREN'T fall colors, they were bright pinks and greens. 3) They weren't in a basket, they were placed in some *** looking white plastic container that is normally used to sit on a grave, but definitely NOT to be used to take home.

When we called AVAS flowers about this, we were told they had to email the floral designer 1st to find out what happened. I told them I don't care what excuse the floral designer says, that I wanted my money back because what was delivered was NOT what we ordered. In a NUT Shell, after 5 days of fighting with them on the phone, I was told by a supervisor, TOUGH S***. That there's a small wording on the invoice that says it's the Floral designer discretion to substitute flowers based upon what they have available.

That's Bull****. It's FALL, NOT SPRING, Why in the world would a (Professional Designer) send SPRING flowers to a FALL FUNERAL. What was sent was more along the lines of flowers being sent to a wedding. When I demanded my money back, I was told that since it's their discretion to use what is available, and that they were delivered, they would be happy to issue me a full in store credit to be used whenever I wanted to.

Once i told them I would NEVER use their services again, they then denied me a full refund. I was only issued a 50% refund, based upon that they made an arrangement and delivered the wrong flowers. I'm submitting 2 photos. 1 is a funeral arrangement for a member of my wifes family that also passed away 1 week AFTER my nephews funeral, with flowers designed with FALL colors and a funeral, and am submitting my nephews flowers.

For my wifes family member, we paid HALF of what we paid for Avas flowers, and got exactly what we wanted.

If anyone ever decides to order flowers, run as fast as you can from this company.

Because even when they totally screw up your order and even deliver the WRONG thing, they are going to make their money, one way or another.This company sucks.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Style and Design

• What I liked
    • Extremely discontent
    • Too bad the product doesnt match the internet photos
  • What I disliked
    • Flowers or customer service or accountability

Reason of review:
They delivered flowers which were NOT what we ordered and then would NOT refund full amount.
Preferred solution:
Full refund
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Avasflowers Arrangement
Review category
Flowers / Florist
review #933852

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Avasflowers? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.