Avasflowers - Worst Floral Company Ever

138 of 2298 Avasflowers reviews

The day after my nephew passed, my wife called Avas to have an arrangement sent to the funeral home.She specifically ordered FALL colors, An orange sach and then paid EXTRA for them to be in a wicker basket with Handle so that my sister can take them home with her.

We were also informed that they would be delivered to the funeral home by 4pm because the viewing started at 5. 1st) they didn't get there until 6:30, while a 150 people were standing around. 2) They WEREN'T fall colors, they were bright pinks and greens. 3) They weren't in a basket, they were placed in some *** looking white plastic container that is normally used to sit on a grave, but definitely NOT to be used to take home.

When we called AVAS flowers about this, we were told they had to email the floral designer 1st to find out what happened. I told them I don't care what excuse the floral designer says, that I wanted my money back because what was delivered was NOT what we ordered. In a NUT Shell, after 5 days of fighting with them on the phone, I was told by a supervisor, TOUGH S***. That there's a small wording on the invoice that says it's the Floral designer discretion to substitute flowers based upon what they have available.

That's Bull****. It's FALL, NOT SPRING, Why in the world would a (Professional Designer) send SPRING flowers to a FALL FUNERAL. What was sent was more along the lines of flowers being sent to a wedding. When I demanded my money back, I was told that since it's their discretion to use what is available, and that they were delivered, they would be happy to issue me a full in store credit to be used whenever I wanted to.

Once i told them I would NEVER use their services again, they then denied me a full refund. I was only issued a 50% refund, based upon that they made an arrangement and delivered the wrong flowers. I'm submitting 2 photos. 1 is a funeral arrangement for a member of my wifes family that also passed away 1 week AFTER my nephews funeral, with flowers designed with FALL colors and a funeral, and am submitting my nephews flowers.

For my wifes family member, we paid HALF of what we paid for Avas flowers, and got exactly what we wanted.

If anyone ever decides to order flowers, run as fast as you can from this company.

Because even when they totally screw up your order and even deliver the WRONG thing, they are going to make their money, one way or another.This company sucks.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Style and Design

• What I liked
    • Extremely discontent
    • Too bad the product doesnt match the internet photos
  • What I disliked
    • Flowers or customer service or accountability

Reason of review:
They delivered flowers which were NOT what we ordered and then would NOT refund full amount.
Preferred solution:
Full refund
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Avasflowers Arrangement
Review category
Flowers / Florist
review #933852

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Avasflowers? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
138 of 2298 Avasflowers reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Nov 16 #1241525 Chelsea, Alabama, United States

Ava's sends a real florist an order based on arrangements on their website. The problem is that the site is overseas and most times will not open. There is no way to see what they sold you. Like many others out there, Avas is a sending only call center with hubs in NY and NJ. The typically use either the FTD Mercury or 1800flowers Bloomnet services to wire orders to real florists across the country. Most real florists will not deal with these call centers, but of those that do, they try to send something nice based on what description they get from the order. If they are unable to see a photo they cannot duplicate it.
Like all of these sending only call centers, they overcharge you and only send the florist a fraction of that money. Some even advertise as local florist in your yellow pages, on funeral home websites and social media like Facebook. A hint to help you: if you get a message that says "thanks for calling your local florist", odds are you didn't. Unless a florist is doing a mega business, they won't have a call center. Here is a list of a few others.
FTD, Teleflora, 1800flowers, Just Flowers, From You Flowers, The Sympathy Store, Blooms Today, Ranch Florist and more.
Hope this helps.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Avasflowers. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Avasflowers.
Filing a new complaint about
×