What a rip! Ordered beautiful arrangement from what I thought was a “family owned business”. The arrangement was delivered on time. The service train crashes at this point! The photo shows: 1. The flowers were not in proportion to vase, raffia ribbon, or each other. 2. The flower colors were not compatible. 3. The arrangement was unbalanced. 4. The number and fullness of flowers were not as advertised. The second photo shows how much more striking was the imbalance of the flowers were after the lilies opened.
I replied to Ava’s request for feedback and submitted the photos. I received a return e-mail that I should call them. I reached their call center and was directed through several automated menus to what appears to be an outsourced call center. Communication was difficult. Ex. It took several tries before the gentleman understood my husbands name was “Greg”. I guess I missed the “7-day window freshness guarantee” while doing the email/customer service game of tag. So I wasn’t able call the recipient to tell her that the flowers were not good enough and a florist would be by to exchange a new arrangement for her. (Really? People do this?) The gentleman then offered me a $20 in-store credit. Now I have to purchase another arrangement from them in order to be compensated for the screw-up? Won’t happen. We did try to get across that this was still not acceptable and after a few minutes on hold, he returned with a 20% credit to our credit card. $9.99. Between the language barrier and the contrite “We apologize, but”, we caved. We hung up.
Too late, way too late, I did a search on reviews for Ava’s Flowers. Perhaps this write up will help others to make a wise decision for their flower purchases.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Hassel for their mistake
- Refund policy
- Flower arrangement
- Service overall
- Reason of review:
- Poor Customer Service, Bad Quality
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Flower Arrangement
- Review category
- Flowers / Florist
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I have place 2 orders of pink roses to be shipped to Port Washington NY, because I had to go there for my daughter's engagement. Well the night before leaving..."
- "DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! I ordered a "Premium" arrangment of roses and carnations from Ava's, the photo they show has 12+ roses and even more carnations. What did my mother..."
- "... I payed above $62 altogether. First, they said they couldn't deliver same day, then they said they would after I complained. Well, then they finally got them delivered and..."
- "I took two hours to calm down before making this complaint so that it would be legitimate and not out of anger but rather concern. I'm a busy person so..."
- "This is how the sweater I ordered arrived. It was defective to start and the plastic string that gives it the wavy look at the hem was completely coming out...."
- "Dear Lynn, RE: VIP CORPORATE FLIGHT ATTENDANT Thank you so much for your reply. Infact, before your reply, I'll must say I've already anticipated & expected that i'm will not..."
- "You are selling a product called syringe pens. In light of all of the heroin overdoses it is highly inappropriate. Its one thing for a doctor to use it as..."
- "I'd like to bring to your attention a service and product quality breakdown (both of these). Last week I took my mother-in-law to your store because I happened to be..."
- "I must say I have seen some complicated scams before but this one ranks right up there. Do not do any work with this so called media group called Zillion..."