1.4

I am furious about how my order is being handled and how I was treated when I called Avas Flowers customer service number.

Immediately after ordering I received an email stating that the product I ordered was no longer available and that the delivery of the product was pushed back 2 days. While the product substitution is fine, the delivery date is a problem as no one will be at the home on the new delivery date.

I called customer service to cancel the order and was told that they could not cancel it at the call center because it had already been sent out to the florist. The rep said he would transfer me to the florist to see what they could do. After waiting on hold a few minutes, someone named Edgar answered the phone and told me the order could not be cancelled due to the terms of service stating that a delivery could be shifted to the next day. I explained that the delivery was pushed 2 days out, not one day out.

Edgar said that was not correct and the arrangement would be delivered tomorrow May 11 and said he could send out a new email. I explained that I really would like to speak directly to the florist handling the order to confirm the delivery date. He said he was the manager and he was the one the florist would deal with anyway regarding the order so I just needed to talk to him. I told him that I was really uncomfortable with how I was being treated and how this problem was being handled and I wanted to speak directly to the florist to confirm the delivery date.

He again stated that he made the decisions about the orders and it would do no good to talk to the florist. He said if I had to cancel, I'd have to pay an $18.95 cancellation fee. I insisted again to speak with the florist directly and he said he would transfer me. Instead of transferring me, he sent me to a phone survey which I completed and then the call was disconnected.

I am filing a dispute with my credit card company and I will make it my mission today to leave reviews about this horrible experience everywhere online that I can find.

This is the worst customer service experience ever. Stay away from this place!

Review about: Avasflowers Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

I didn't like: Customer service, Level of disrespect, Too much of a hassle to fix problems, False advertising.

Comments

Have your bank or credit card company to reverse the charges. I was credited within a week.Explain everything in detail.

Provide invoice if available.Photos are helpful as well. Good luck!

Avas is a call center with two locations. One in NY and one in NJ.

They wire orders out to real florists where you need them delivered.

They send the florist about half what you paid and most real florists won't deal with call centers. Your delay in delivery means they couldn't find a florist who would keep the order and on holidays florists turn off their wire services once they reach delivery capacity so they can also service their walk in customer base.

to Anonymous #1478806

I wish I had researched this more carefully before placing the order. I thought I was dealing with a local florist, not a call center up north.

The delivery is to a very rural area and I was specifically searching for a florist in that area and this link came up. I should have checked it out before ordering.

Lesson learned. Thanks for the info!

to Anonymous #1478843

They advertise as local just like other call centers. To help you avoid another call center, scroll down the search page until you see local numbers and addresses.

Those will be your local florists. Call centers advertise all over the net including funeral home websites and even on this site. Real florists can't afford to do that.

I've been in the floral business for thirty years and receive orders from call centers daily. We keep the orders we can and once we refuse to accept orders instead of taking no for an answer they call on the phone all day.