Avasflowers - $82 paid, my mother received nothing close to what I paid for

This site won't let me show my photos but I ordered the sun, moon, and stars bouquet in medium with a beautiful blue vase. Cost $82 total.

She received a blue mason jar, only one lily and 3 roses, no violets but a handful of purple what looked like babies breaths, and a lot of green filler that looks like grass. My heart broke when my mom sent me the picture. Absolutely nothing like what I was promised or looked nothing like the picture I chose from the site. I called and asked for this issue to be resolved.

They said they could give me a 15% discount and I told them it's not about me getting my money back I wanted my mom to get the birthday flowers I paid for with the vase. They said they couldn't do it I said fine I'll take the tiny amount back they offered and hung up almost in tears. Still haven't received the refund. If I could post the picture of my moms flowers she got next to the ones advertised that I paid for everyone would see why I was clearly upset.

These people do not care about customer service and take 0 pride in their jobs. Blown away by how badly done this was. Never have I been so distraught from anything I've ever ordered in my life. I've never even written a review before.

But these people have to go down for their terrible service. The customers that call for flowers are trying to do something wonderful for loved ones. For others. Completely selfless.

What a terrible thing to do to people just trying to make someone else's day bright. Ava's flowers are absolutely terrible.

Highway robbery. Do not give these people your business you will be crushed!

Read

Avas is a sending only call center with two locations. One in NY and one in NJ.

They wire orders out using the FTD Mercury system or the Teleflora Dove system. Real florists won't have the same containers. They advertise as local and with prices real florists can't make with the same amount of flowers mainly because they only receive about half what you paid Avas. We deal with this place every day and reject over 90 percent of what they wire us.

If we can't make what you ordered we won't keep it. This is why their orders don't get filled. But... they send those delivery confirmations, hoping you won't check to see if your flowers got delivered.

Then they go on places like Trust Pilot and try making apologies or completely denying that you ever placed an order with them. That fee you pay is so they can pay reps working in other countries to keep calling florists trying to place your order with them. Always scroll down the search page until you see local phone numbers and addresses.

Those will be your local florists. Hope this helps.

VillainousHedgehog535
Not as described
Review #1457926 is a subjective opinion of poster.
2.2

Avasflowers - Totally WRONG

I ordered a vase of flowers called Pink and Ivory as a sympathy gift because it looked soft and gentle. What got delivered was hot pink and the flowers were jumbo size....nothing gentle about them.

I called the company and eventually got through. They said there was nothing they could do....hot pink was on the "pink spectrum" so it was acceptable. They would not provide the local florists name so I could contact them directly...it was a security issue! I cannot provide pictures but the difference is night and day in what I ordered and what got delivered.

I am very upset over this and will try to go through my credit card company to get a refund. I wish I had researched more about Avas Flowers before ordering.

GarrulousStarfish
Product
I liked
If only they actually provided the advertised items
I didn’t like
Disinterested customer service
Full refund
Review #1452155 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Avasflowers - Disgusted!

Ordered flowers on Monday morning to be delivered Wednesday by noon. No problems or calls till Wednesday at 11:15am telling me they can't do it after all.

No advance notice, no other options. The funeral was a dear employee/friend of many in our Company and now there won't be anything from us showing our respect!

LyricalBostonTerrier
Poor customer service
Loss
Review #1444682 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Avasflowers - SCAM DO NOT USE THEM

I viewed their website picked an arrangement, called them, requested they honor the 10% off they requested. They informed me there was an $18 +/- fee and it would be delivered by 3 if at all possible.

It was charged on my card, I got an email confirmation. Then I received three phone calls asked me to call back, and two emails asking for my phone survey. I wrote back via email asking the holdup and was told it was due to my not filling out my survey. So I filled out my phone survey, asking them to leave a VM as to any other concerns.

I received more phone calls as I was working it went to VM. I was able to answer one and was told. SCAM part - They wanted $10.00 dollars and needed my authorization to charge it, due to the carrier wanted to charge them $10.00. I told them that was illegal and I did not consent and was told they were not demanding just asking.

I let them know I would be writing negative reviews and reporting them to BBB for this scam. I asked if they would still be sending out my flowers and was told yes. I also wrote an email to them explaining all this and never received a message back, my flowers were NEVER delivered.

I went on their website and wrote a note under their contact us section only to receive an email backing saying it was undeliverable (from their own website). DO NOT USE THEM.

EnragedBorderTerrier
Product
I didn’t like
Any of my experience with avas flowers
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered
Review #1444553 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Avasflowers - Bouquet for my sister/ STOP! READ BEFORE YOU ORDER!

It was a sad day. 3 years after the death of her only child, my sister lost another constant in her life.

I will never know how she managed to keep it together the first time but she manages. Now this... I ordered from this shop directly because it was local. I picked out something beautiful.

It was in the $60-$70 range. A little pricey but the advertisement said " 40% off today AND if you use this CODE ___ ___ ___ ___ we will give you an additional 10% off. " The order came to the grand total of $81.10. What?

I wanted it there that same day so I assumed that was BEFORE ALL THE DISCOUNTS. well... I was astounded when my sister called 15 minutes later to thank me. But at the time I was just thankful that she got it.

I thought about it all evening and the next day I asked her to send me a picture of it. I almost fell over! It looked like they dug it out of the cemetery trash can and delivered it to her. And YES, they took out the entire $81.10 out of my account.

I am a very kind and patient person. After 32 years of teaching you have to have patience! But when they told me there was nothing they could do because it was after their 24 hour policy, I LOST IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yup, the next day the flower petals fell all over the floor and she had to throw them out!

ALONG WITH ALL MY GOOD INTENTION!

SOOO SAD! BEWARE!

Read

I'm so sorry this happened. An FYI - Ava's Flowers is not local.

They are an order gatherer. They take your money and try to place the order with a local shop, giving that shop a fraction of what they charged you.

JazzyAnatolianShepherdDog139
Bad quality
Full refund
Review #1421306 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Avasflowers - No shipping but huge "handling fee"

I found it a little deceptive that they promote "no shipping or delivery fees" then charge you $17 for "service and Handling" !!!!

FaintGoose621
Pricing issue
Review #1411416 is a subjective opinion of poster.
1.7

Avasflowers - Not same day delivery!

My order was not deliver the same day! Only a small discount was offered!!!

I won’t use this company again!!!!!!!!! Wtf

StraightKangaroo
Review #1408906 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Avasflowers - Worst Flower Buying Experience

Had to give one star because you can't give zero. Worst flower buying experience.

Ordered flowers and balloons for a surprise for my 84 year old mother in law. Was quoted a delivery window of between 9:40 - 10 am as this was for a surprise. I specifically provided her apartment number for delivery as she lives in a large complex. When the receipt arrive via email, I noticed that the apartment number was missing despite specifically reviewing all delivery details with the associate.

I called back and another associate corrected the order and I received an updated invoice with the apartment number on it. As 10:00 on the delivery day came and passed, I called only to be told that they now can't guarantee delivery before noon. Surprise not shot, I waited until noon for delivery. Still no flowers.

Called again, only to find out that the driver delivered the flowers to the management office on the other side of the property causing me to get in the car in a driving rain storm to get the flowers. When I got to the management office they told me that they told the driver to deliver the arrangement to the apartment but he answered that they always leave it here, which was false. Next day all the balloons have lost helium and are on the floor. I have called Avas 6 times to get satisfaction.

They have claimed that the didn't have the address despite it being on the receipt dated 3 days before the delivery and now that it was too late to claim a product defect, which I told them about as soon as the balloons dropped a day after delivery. They offered to give me a whopping $12 on a $100 order, which is ***

Read

Avas is a call center with two locations in the USA. NJ and NY.

They can't guarantee you get anything delivered because most real florists won't deal with call centers.

The florist receives about half your money without a delivery added. As for the balloons: mylar balloons will stay inflated a week or two and latex balloons will only stay afloat for approximately eighteen hours.

WornGoldfish
Problem with delivery
Full refund
Review #1400187 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Avasflowers - Horrible Experience

I wish that I could write a good review but my experience was horrible starting with the noisy background during the call. The young lady was a bit pushy about what was available to add to my order.

She said that the order would include a real card, the card consisted of a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper folded in quarters with my message printed inside. The free delivery is a hoax because they charged me $18.95 for handling. She told me that the flowers would be delivered before 10am but they arrived at 3pm. When I called to speak with with someone, the young man was not properly trained to handle my request to find the delivery.

He put me on hold for awhile. I thought this was a local florist but in turns out they are in NJ. They advertise as if they are local to your town but they are not. I would never have used them.

I never will again. The advertised flowers that I ordered was $39 but after being charged $4.95 for a card (turned out to be a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper), the handling fee and $4.95 for a ribbon, the total was over $80. I was told I could get her personal discount of 15% to bring down the total. This was a horrible experience.

I know that some of these reviews are fake but I needed to tell my story. It may not change the way they do business but at least it may deter someone else from having the same bait and switch tactics/attitude.

Read

I'm sure 90 percent or more of these reviews are spot on. Avas is a call center with two locations in the USA.

Mawah NJ and New City NY.

They wire orders to real florists only sending them about half the money you paid them. Most real florists won't accept orders from them so a lot of orders don't get delivered.

Review #1398024 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1398024.

Avasflowers - Beware/Poor service

The customer service is awful, it’s very loud in the background, I had to repeat myself serval times. They promised same day delivery, three hours late I got a text to call the company back.

I was told they did not have a florist available to complete my order and had to wait two days for delivery.

The person I spoke to on the phone only offered me a 10% discount and a $10 gift card for a further purchase, I finally decided to cancel my order, she did nothing to try to accommodate me. Bullshit

UntimelyHamster752
Review #1385943 is a subjective opinion of poster.