Order flowers all the time for the Villages. Wanted to try a local florist, so I called AVAS and ordered flowers over the phone.

Mike suggested a vase with an arrangement of lilies, sunflowers and roses, and said it would be beautiful. The arrangement was delivered with flowers that were past their prime (most likely an old arrangement they already had pre-made sitting on their shelf). When they delivered the order, they NEVER rang the doorbell. The receiving party was home at the time.

They just left the flowers on the front porch. The flowers were brought in within the hour (the husband went out, and when he came back, they were on the porch). Within two days the flowers were dropping their petals, the roses never opened, just drooped, and within 5 days the arrangement was horrible (the attached photo depicts the flowers after only 5 days; photo was sent to me by the recipient, because of their expressed disappointment). The flowers were meant to bring happiness, NOT disappointment!!

I tried calling AVAS customer service, but was on hold for 10 minutes with no answer, and no real person to talk to. So I wrote an email to their customer service to let them know my displeasure with the arrangement, delivery, and quality of the flowers. They did respond via an email back, and advised me that I waited too long to get in touch with them, and offered a $15 credit towards another purchase (which will never take place).

My opinion is to not use this company. I have been told that there is a Publix food store in the Villages that has fresher flowers that will last longer than 2 days.

Product or Service Mentioned: Avasflowers Arrangement.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments