1.8
Style and Design
Turnaround Time

I ordered an arrangement of two dozen colored roses; they were delivered "dry" without a vase and without water.This is perfectly unacceptable and I have contacted American Express to deny payment to AVAS Flowers, as, contractually, a vase was part of the purchase and, as such, it was a fraudulent delivery.

I did not receive the product I purchased. I read bad reviews in abundance online AFTER I used this service and am very sorry for not doing so beforehand. There is no excuse for this kind of service. The telephone operators are clearly not fluent in English and are trained to bug you into placing an order -- if they are able to understand at all what you are saying.

After purchasing, I visited AVAS site again and found the same arrangement posted for $10 LESS than I had just paid. When I telephoned back they gave me a runaround saying it cost more to deliver them to my destination than to others, something they did not specify online or when I called to confirm. I was NOT given the $10 reduction in price as I asked; they offered a 10% discount of $4.99 which they promised would be credited to my card, but it hasn't yet been. I talked to computers, punched buttons, and was bugged afterward with a satisfaction survey.

Every time I go to the site and attempt to leave, I am bombarded with a flash sign offering a 10% discount. It is irritating and unprofessional, clearly a scam. They refused to tell me (it is "policy" not to, they said) where the flowers were coming from (not in the town of delivery) and, incredibly, they told me they would be delivered by either UPS or FedEx. That is no way to receive fresh flowers!

My dissatisfaction is complete, and it is incomprehensible that a company attempts to do business this way. Do not buy flowers from AVAS.

I could not be more dissatisfied as these were a gift to an elderly friend who almost died in a hospital and has been moved to a nursing home.What a welcome, and what a poor light it puts me in as the giver.

Review about: Avasflowers Roses Flowers.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

I didn't like: Delivery and how they handled the issue.

Had an Experience with Avasflowers?

Comments

Leeds, Alabama, United States #1354498

Any time you see roses advertised for cheap, they either came from the grocery store or will arrive dry packed in the mail.Two dozen roses at any reputable florist cost in the neighborhood of $100 plus delivery and sales tax.

Flowers received dry packed have to have their stems cut in order for them to draw up water. Recut stems every two to three days for longer lasting flowers.

Ava's isn't a real florist but a sending only call center; one of many. They are based overseas somewhere but have two call center hubs in the US: NY and NJ.

These call centers advertise everywhere, have everything on sale and can only guarantee you that they will take your money.Always look for local phone numbers and addresses when searching for reputable florists.

to Anonymous #1378259

Excellent analysis and good advice.I realized too late this company is a scam and originally intended to deal with a local florist.

After I got into the deal I realized I had made a bad mistake and I shall never use this company again.Thanks for your input.

No vase ?Not "fraudulent".

Simply incomplete.

UPS or FedEx ? What else did you expect ?

Next time, patronize a local establishment.It's easy even if you're not in the vicinity of the recipient.