I ordered a $62.93 bouquet for a funeral on 2/25/17, online. Received call the following day saying there was no truck available to make the delivery, so I cancelled the order.

No flowers were delivered but I have not received a refund of my money. After multiple attempts to get Avas to refund my $62.93 failed, I contacted the Better Business Bureau. On 6/11/17 the BBB responded that they closed the case because the business did not respond to the complaint! Apparently that is the extent of the power of the BBB; if there is no response to the complaint, oh well too bad.

What protection does a consumer have against false companies stealing their money?

Don't legitimate businesses who operate via the Internet realize how this hurts their profits, when consumers become fearful of ordering online? I do not know what other recourse I have but $62.93 represents a large loss to a disabled person on a fixed income, not to mention the sadness of not being able to send sympathy flowers to the service for a beloved grandfather.

Review about: Avasflowers Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

I liked: Pictured product, Product as pictured online.

I didn't like: Flowers were never delivered, Payment was not returned, Failed to provide product, Refused to refund payment.

Comments

It took 8 months and several posted complaints but I finally received a full refund from Avas Flowers. No explanation; just the check.

But I am very relieved.

That's all I wanted. Thank you pissedconsumer.com!

Update: As of August 18, 2017 I still haven't received even a partial refund. Avas Flowers is the worst company I've ever dealt with. I hope they go bankrupt soon.