I chose Ava's Flowers specifically because I like to support family-owned businesses.I did not place the order online – instead I called to discuss floral options with a sales person.

This was a very special, very important arrangement for a cancer patient. I wanted the biggest, brightest bouquet of carnations (the recipient's favorite flower) that I could buy for my budget of $64. I even asked if we could forego the vase in order to afford more carnations in the arrangement (and have them wrapped in paper or plastic). After putting me on hold, Tony the customer service rep told me an arrangement could be made with 30 brightly colored carnations and they could also be put in a vase for that price.

He continued to ask detailed questions during the ordering: what color ribbon (Tony suggested silver) plus what time should it arrive, and a phone number to contact me with any questions. When I asked if it could be an afternoon delivery (so it would not wake the ailing recipient) Tony put me on hold to inquire, and came back on the line to tell me yes. I was thrilled. 30 brightly colored carnations in a vase with a silver bow to be delivered between 3-4pm.

Instead 13 carnations in a vase with a yellow bow was delivered at 11:50am. I do not understand why Ava's asked so many specific questions during the ordering process only to have those details completely disregarded. Why was I not contacted about the change in delivery time to make sure someone was home to receive the arrangement 3 hours earlier than scheduled? If a silver bow was not available, I don't understand why I was not contacted to ask for a 2nd choice.

And 13 carnations? For $64? I called Ava’s Flowers and told customer service representative Maria, “There’s been a terrible mistake.” Maria said she could tell by looking at the order that something went wrong. She asked me to email a photo of the delivered arrangement to Ava’s Flowers.

Later I received an email response from Nelson V: “After reviewing your photo and the recipe of this particular arrangement all flowers are represented accordingly.Therefore, your order has been approved and meets the Product Description.” He sent his regrets and a coupon for $10 off my next order.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

I didn't like: Finished product.