1.5
Style and Design
Turnaround Time

I ordered a Belize Sunset on June 8 for a birthday on June 10.I was told the local florist couldn't do it but Ava's would call my sister on the 10th to tell her we were thinking of her and get a bigger and better bouquet -with 15 gerber daisies in it and 6 mylar balloons (WOW!) on the 13th.

I found all of this totally above and beyond and acceptable. They called on the 9th. OK, not the worst. Then the 13th came.

No flowers. I called and they said they were in the town next door. The 14th came. No flowers.

I called and was told they were on their way. I called again that evening. Still on their way. (From the town next door?) The flowers showed up.

A handful of wilted gerber daisies thrown in a vase with an errant piece of tulle and one stick balloon. Um... am I being punked? Are you trying to win a contest on the worst service/ripoff scam around?

NOT impressed. I spoke with several people who were all very nice. They were surprised at how nice I was being considering the situation. I understand now that they probably knew that I was going to get screwed and that I should be madder.

The manager kid was the last person I spoke with. I had to ask him to stop interrupting me. By then I had had it. My sister's birthday was so far gone.

The flowers were making a hasty advance towards becoming decaying natural matter. My six mylar balloons were reduced to a small one on a stick. And my bank account was down by $70. Shame on you, Ava's Flowers.

People send flowers as a representation of love.You should be more responsible with the honor of delivering that love.

Review about: Avasflowers Sunset In Belize Bouquet.

Reason of review: I wanted to click so many of these. Bad quality, problem with delivery, not as described..

Preferred solution: For Ava's to be better and for me to know better..

Had an Experience with Avasflowers?

Comments

Memphis, Tennessee, United States #1341669

15 gerbera daisies and 6 mylar balloons would cost $62.50 for the gerbera daisies and $29.95 for the mylar balloons.Total of $92.45 from most real florists.

Some higher, and maybe some lower, depending on the area of my state where the flowers needed to be delivered. Northeast states even higher.

Avas is a sending only call center and not a real florist with two call hubs in the US, NY and NJ. Their website is very misleading. All of their funeral arrangements shown are done in silk flowers.

My experience working in a flower shop and making the majority of our silk arrangements, I can definitely tell the difference. All of Avas other arrangements are under priced and no real florist would be able to duplicate the bouquet for the money Avas sends them using the FTD Mercury wire system. So, what the consumer sees on their site versus what the real florist is able to send for the money value is usually completely different from Avas photos. What Avas sends the real florist is about half of what you paid them.

They made their money and you got either nothing or a totally different representation of what you ordered from Avas. And, every Avas order says this: "Similar as possible, same look and feel." Unfortunately, similar as possible isn't possible when the link they provide to show a photo of what was ordered won't open because it sets off the security software on the computer. It's an unsecured website. The real florist is then left with a...

Most reputable florists will not accept orders from these call centers and there are way too many of them out there. Even the three major wire centers like FTD, Teleflora and 1800flowers have many complaints as well, but they are the three wire services that florists pay high fees for in order to wire out flowers throughout the world.

So here's how it works: You order from Avas or other call center, they then hound the same florist over and over and over again trying to get them to accept the order for half the price you paid. If you get no delivery, they couldn't find a florist that would keep the order, and if you get a poor representation then the florist sent out the flowers contained in the bland description.

Best place to complain is to FTD. It's their Mercury system that Avas uses to wire out flowers. FTC is also a place to complain. Your credit card company can reverse the charges.

There is also a post here listed in the Most Helpful Reviews section below that will give you more info on sending only call centers and how to avoid them.

Some even advertise in local yellow pages and are in no way local.Hope this helps.

3rd bad experience with ordering flowers when snookered into believing I was talking with the florest vs. a web based 3rd party.

This recent experience with Avis Flowers was no less infuriating than many of he other reviews seen here.

Without going into the dirty details and the failed delivery, the frustrating 2 hrs spent on the phone with folks from another country(India in this case)who wouldn't shut up to the threat of not getting a refund until the order was reviewed just take my word for it and the words of others STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY, PERIOD!!!!!!