I ordered flowers for a family member on Wednesday afternoon. I was told they would be delivered the following day (Thursday) by 11 am. I was ok with that. At 12:20 pm Thursday I was talking to Carlos in customer service asking about the delivery status. First he told me that the designer wasn’t able to get the arrangement made by 11, then when I questioned further he then said that they were short on delivery drivers. I asked Carlos which story is it? He did everything to skirt the issue. Then when I asked to speak to a supervisor my call went straight to the customer survey. (I guess that’s one way of hanging up on a customer.)

So I immediately called back and spoke to Alex. He said the flowers were out for delivery and should be received anytime. I told him about my experience with Carlos and he was not receptive to smoothing over the situation. I then asked to speak to a supervisor, he put me on hold briefly, then came back to say the supervisor was busy with other people. (Did he really go looking for a supervisor?) I asked that the supervisor call me back. So far, no call. (It’s Friday 8:15 am) I don’t expect to hear anything. Alex did say that he would give me a 10% discount on the order. I asked for that to be emailed to me immediately. I haven’t seen it yet.

Both Carlos and Alex used the excuse of a language barrier.

I will never order from Ava’s again. Poor, poor customer service.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Fraudulent phone promises, Poor customer service, Customer service reps not able to communicate well in english.

Comments