Update by user Apr 05

Refund from Avasflowers is now gone from10% of $903.80 to $21.58.They apologized for any nuisance this may have caused.

Regardless if they were late, they say the orders arrived. They have no record of me trying to rectify the matter until 3 weeks after the fact. After several attempts of speaking to the florist they hired, the negative review I wrote on their website the day after the funeral, the day of the funeral when I told them that this was not ok and that I wanted to file a complaint. They say they record everything, but if they would have pulled the calls they would have seen word for word what was said.

Excuse me if our mourning the death of a loved one got in the way of their timeline for complaints. The late and all around poor service got in the way of our timeline, except ours was a funeral! $21.58 is unacceptable! I will make sure I share my experience with others Carmen R.

from Avasflowers.Rose C.

Original review posted by user Apr 04

Dear friend and advocate for Huntington's Disease, passed away after a 2 year battle with cancer.Courageous till the very end, we wanted to give her the most beautiful flowers, so I order four separate arrangements from their Sympathy Lavender collection.

The large premium casket spray with a banner, sympathy heart wreath with a banner from her husband, a round wreath with a banner from her children, a matching satin heart pillow for inside her casket from her friends at help4hd.org. Heraldo assured me they would arrive the night before and that the mortuary had a big fridge to keep them in so they would be fresh for the morning of. As I drove to the funeral, I received a frantic call that the flowers never arrived the night before. I immediately was on my phone to Avasflowers as my husband drove.

I was on hold for 20 minutes, and the funeral was going to begin. They assured me that the flowers were on the way. I made sure that they knew it was not ok. They refused to take my complaint, and told me to take the survey.

They arrived late. Everything was stopped so they could bring them in. I was devastated to say the least. They even forgot the satin heart pillow arrangement.

I immediately wrote a negative review on their website, which they have no record of. I tried to speak on several occasions with the florists and left number for return call, no reply. I spoke with Avasflowers, after several internet/phone attempts. They offered a 10% discount.

Tried to say that it was somewhat my own fault, and why didn't I do something about it sooner. They said that I accepted the delivery, so there you have it. Better late than never, is what I got from this. They record everything, so I repeatedly asked for recordings to be reviewed, but haven't been notified of anything.

Needless to say, they want me to find pictures from the funeral, so burden of proof is on the customer. $903.80 is what I paid for humiliation and devastation! It doesn't even matter if the flowers were beautiful, or incomplete, because they should of at least been there when her husband, children and guests arrived. I feel like I let her and her family down.

The satin heart pillow showed up after I left the funeral. It didn't match the other flowers, so I don't know why they even came back with it later. She at least deserved a beautiful "good-bye dear loved one" Grieving is hard enough as it is... how will anyone be able to let this error go.

I was so desperate for this to be so special... I am very saddened, and her family as well. When I think of AVASflowers... I think and feel disappointment.

Sincerely, Rose C.help4hd.org

Turnaround Time
Style and Design
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Late, incomplete delivery of funeral arrangements (#4036489) to a funeral! Funeral disrupted. / $904
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Avasflowers?

Submit review

Comments

Chelsea, Alabama, United States #1314916

Funeral homes don't keep flowers in a cold storage.They have small flower rooms at the back of the funeral home and they place deliveries with the deceased.

You got what the local florist provided​for the money they received, but it was their responsibility to contact the funeral to be certain what time family members would arrive for the service. The funeral home may have not told them but given them the general viewing time for friend's. It happens more often than not. However, Ava's should not promise you things they cannot guarantee.

Most real florists won't accept orders from them because they keep about half of what you paid.

The florist who kept your orders shares the responsibility of a timely delivery, but so does the funeral home for giving out the right times.Regardless, the casket spray should have been there first.