2.0
Style and Design
Turnaround Time

The flowers I ordered, Blue Sympathy Spray, were not even close to what was delivered. We were very embarrassed at the funeral.

We thought our flowers didn't get delivered. The flowers on the left are what re got, on the right is what we ordered. Big difference. Not nearly as many roses & carnations.

I spent $188 & all they will credit me is 10%. What a joke.

Of course, I will never order from them again. I will be filing a complaint with the NC Consumer Protection Agency & the BBB of the corporate home in Mahwah NJ.

Product or Service Mentioned: Avasflowers Blue Sympathy Arrangement.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Nov 09, 2017.

Comments

When you order from Avas sympathy arrangements, you are looking at silk flowers, not live. The arrangement you chose has carnations, roses and hydrangeas, all silk.

I can tell the difference after working with both live and silk flowers for 30 years. You, as the consumer and not a floral specialist, won't know that. Avas is a sending only call center and not a real florist with centers in both NY and NJ. While spent almost $200 , the real florist who filled your order received about half of that amount.

Silk carnations cost about 60 cents each where live carnations cost around $1.50 each. These amounts will vary in different areas of the country. Hydrangeas run around $10 each and roses around $4 each. Again, these prices will vary across the country.

Your price depends on how much the florist paid.

You can also file complaints with the FTC as well as FTD. Avas uses the FTD Mercury system to wire orders.