Avasflowers - Flowers for my Babygirl

My 13 year old daughter was having a rough time as she entered the Junior High this year.(2015) I thought delivering some flowers to her while she was at school might cheer her up, so I did a quick search for nearby Florists.

Avas comes up and according to the website, they're local. I'm not a flower ordering/sending kind-of-guy so this is new for me. I call and some guy that I can barely understand answers. I explained that I wanted to order from the local store and he said they were closed but that he would make sure they received the order.

I ordered the Everlasting Soothing Lavender Bouquet (Premium, because it's for my daughter). I ordered a card with a short message and a balloon with the words "I love you." The flowers were delivered to my daughter this morning. When I got home from work, her Mother texted with a photo of her holding the flowers. They looked dingy and nothing like the picture.

She didn't even know who the flowers were from until she got home because the card was hidden inside the flowers - and no balloon was included. The flowers were $62.99. The card was $4 and the balloon was $7. With the delivery fee and taxes, the total bill was $98.91.

After seeing the photo, I called to complain. The child (she sounded like an 8 year old) that answered the phone told me I needed to send her a picture of the flowers. I told her it would be easier for me to take the flowers to the local florist and have them confirm what I was describing, but once again, the local florist was closed. I sent the picture and she said she would try contacting the florist via the phone, but that she was sure no one would answer.

She put me on hold and came back after a couple of minutes saying that she had been unable to reach anyone, but that someone would be contacting me tomorrow.

I will log back in with how that turns out.Meanwhile, I would strongly suggest you go elsewhere for your floral needs

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Style and Design
Turnaround Time

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Delivery lies
    • No offer to send different flowers
    • Quality of product poor

Reason of review:
I ordered and paid for Premium flowers and received nothing like the picture depicted. Card was buried and balloon was not delivered
Preferred solution:
Deliver product or service ordered
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Everlasting Soothing Lavender Premium Bouquet
Review category
Flowers / Florist
review #688578

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Avasflowers? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.