My 13 year old daughter was having a rough time as she entered the Junior High this year.(2015) I thought delivering some flowers to her while she was at school might cheer her up, so I did a quick search for nearby Florists.
Avas comes up and according to the website, they're local. I'm not a flower ordering/sending kind-of-guy so this is new for me. I call and some guy that I can barely understand answers. I explained that I wanted to order from the local store and he said they were closed but that he would make sure they received the order.
I ordered the Everlasting Soothing Lavender Bouquet (Premium, because it's for my daughter). I ordered a card with a short message and a balloon with the words "I love you." The flowers were delivered to my daughter this morning. When I got home from work, her Mother texted with a photo of her holding the flowers. They looked dingy and nothing like the picture.
She didn't even know who the flowers were from until she got home because the card was hidden inside the flowers - and no balloon was included. The flowers were $62.99. The card was $4 and the balloon was $7. With the delivery fee and taxes, the total bill was $98.91.
After seeing the photo, I called to complain. The child (she sounded like an 8 year old) that answered the phone told me I needed to send her a picture of the flowers. I told her it would be easier for me to take the flowers to the local florist and have them confirm what I was describing, but once again, the local florist was closed. I sent the picture and she said she would try contacting the florist via the phone, but that she was sure no one would answer.
She put me on hold and came back after a couple of minutes saying that she had been unable to reach anyone, but that someone would be contacting me tomorrow.
I will log back in with how that turns out.Meanwhile, I would strongly suggest you go elsewhere for your floral needs
More Review Details
|Style and Design|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Delivery lies
- No offer to send different flowers
- Quality of product poor
- Reason of review:
- I ordered and paid for Premium flowers and received nothing like the picture depicted. Card was buried and balloon was not delivered
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Everlasting Soothing Lavender Premium Bouquet
- Review category
- Flowers / Florist
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "My aunt's funeral was yesterday morning in SC. I phoned in an order for flowers based on an on-line ad for Ava's, supposedly a locally owned florist in N. Charleston...."
- "I am active duty military and new to area. After bad experiences with flowers mailed in past looked for a "local florist". AVAS FLOWERS claimed to be local and deliver..."
- "I ordered flowers for a funeral through Ava's Flowers, which portrayed itself as local and family owned. I was very specific about flowers to be used, design, and named a..."
- "The service here is absolutely terrible. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone unless they want to be treated like they are just a waste of time and effort..."
- "I went into smartstyle to get my hair colored and highlighted. I asked for a heavy blond highlight with hint of a reddish color. My hair has been done 4..."
- "Received a "2015 Important Bulletin" in mail today about "New Funeral Expense Benefit" for seniors, which will pay up to $10,000 for expenses. Just had to verify my name, husbands..."
- "The reason for this message today is that I ordered my food through the drive thru jack in the box on sepulveda and border. We finished the small ice coffee..."
- "I WAS TOLD THAT I NEEDED TO SEND THE GREEN DOT CARDS FROM WALMART,RITE AID ETC. EVERYONE SELLS THEM. I SENT THE SCAMMER THE $2000.00 THEY WANTED FOR A JEEP..."
- "I ordered a blueprint and what I got was a black and white copy of a "blueprint". It's blurry and not worth mounting much less displaying. You..."