Sacramento, California

Every merchant deserves an opportunity to correct improper service, quality of product & advertised prices for products.

I requested a delivery to my "very best friend in this world." I spoke to "Ricky" and after a lengthy discussion, hold time, & then reassurance there were sufficient pink roses for her arrangement, I was mortified at the picture of what she received.

There were 5 roses, 4 pale pink carnations & 4 dark pink carnations delivered for $72.92. There was an abundance of Baby's Breath. This online "special" proportedly was 45% off normal pricing.

Avas charges $3.99 to include a small floral card message.

My message was so inaccurate even after sending them a correction following my confirmation order. English language skills are obviously absent.

I sent an email requesting correction by crediting my card or sending a supplemental arrangement to my best friend. The customer service "manager" stated the best she could do was give me a $20. store credit. She was not amendable to alternatives, was abrupt & indicated I got what I ordered which was inaccurate per my invoice & conversation. Store credit to a consumer living 2468 miles away is irrelevant, asinine & condescending.

I would NOT recommend Avas Flowers & shall find a local small business florist with proper language skills & one honoring advertised arrangements.

The arrangement was of inferior quality, lesser than most grocery store arrangements & the card message was meaningless for my best friend.

The "manager" offered no assurance to the consumer, likewise did not have a command of English language skills, her responses were in-cohesive, she lacked an understanding of good customer service & refused to allow me to speak with the manager Chrisptophe U. the person that responded to my email concern initially.

This format does not allow me to post a photo of the arrangement delivered to my friend. It would bring mortification to anyone desiring to send flowers to their best friend. Picture 5 pink roses, 4 pale pink carnations, and 4 dark pink carnations with an approximated diameter of 24 inches the remainder Baby's Breath.

I am an advocate for allowing anyone to correct mistakes & errors. Avas had no desire, interest or respect for customers to offer proper corrective action.

YELP can aid in protecting other consumers from this business. Avoid this "business" being mindful of their misrepresentation of products, falsification of advertised specials, guaranteed delivery times, quality of the flowers & most of all lack of customer service.

Consumers, kindly post an alternative to this abominable company. What is the best florist in Bluffton, SC; certainly not Avas.

I liked: I was extremely unhappy and still am.

I didn't like: Fraudulent representation.

1.5
Turnaround Time
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Avasflowers Arrangement
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / $73
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Avasflowers?

Comments

Montgomery, Alabama, United States #1220347

Avas is a sending only call center and not a real florist.They, like many others out there (FTD, Teleflora, 1800flowers,Just Flowers, From You Flowers, Ranch Florist, Kim's Florist and list goes on...), take your order, charge you too much for it, then send the florist what you paid only for the bouquet.

The real florist has to come as close to duplicating that arrangement for the money they received. So, if you spent $75 in total, the florist received no more than $50 and they have to take out their delivery cost because none is included. Those $3.99 cards they charge for? They send the real florist $1.99.

Instead of giving out a large card, most of us real florists use that money to add more flowers. There is no real description of any Avas arrangements that are sent to our shop, but they do add a link to a photo. Unfortunately, the photo links rarely ever work.

Call centers are the bane of the floral industry. They portray themselves as local florists when they aren't.

They advertise all over the web and in local yellow pages. The best to judge if they are a call center or a real florist is if when you call you are immediately put on hold to wait for the next representative.

Unless a florist is doing a mega business they don't have a call center.Hope this helps.