1.3
Turnaround Time

My daughter had her baby on june 13 2017 6 weeks premature on june 14 i contacted avas flowers which was local to have a big beautiful baby flower gift basket delivered. I spoke with melvin who took my order i asked him for light blue white light green and purple carnations in a pretty basket with baloons a white teddy bear baby bottles baby rattles etc with a big light green bow on the basket.

He assured me it would be spectactular. I was charged 172.89 for the arrangement which i okd. When i arrived to the hospital after work that day i was discussed I am 55 years old and have never been so ripped off in my life. The next business day i immediately contacted avas flowers i expressed how dissatisfied i was beyond belief and i was told that someone higher up would contact me.

It is now june24 and no one has contacted me. Not only was the basket terrible nothing as i ordered but the way the customers are treated is just as bad. In my mind avas should not be in business. Since they did not care to resolve this issue i will be contacting the better business bureau and file a complaint.

I make really good money and have no problems paying for anything but i also expect to get what i asked for and paid for. I live in genesee county michigan and i will let everyone i can know how terrible avas flowers is

Product or Service Mentioned: Avasflowers Gift Basket.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Comments

Montgomery, Alabama, United States #1344374

Avas isn't a real florist, but one of many sending only call centers. They are located overseas and have a couple of call hubs in the USA; NY and NJ.

They tell people they are local in order to gain their business and then wire the order using the FTD Mercury wire system. They send the real florist in the area you need a delivery about half of what you paid along with a link to a photo that won't open on the computer because it's an unsecure website. They also add a general description of what the order is to contain. Most real florists can't duplicate what was ordered for the price they receive and most will refuse to accept the order.

You see, we know you paid about twice what we received and should get what you paid for, but there's no way to duplicate the order and still stay in business. Complaints should be sent to the FTC who regulate shoddy businesses on the internet and to FTD. The more complaints to FTD, the sooner they will stop allowing Avas to be a member of their service and they won't be able to wire out orders.

Other sending only call centers that are just as shady: Just Flowers, From You Flowers, Blooms Today, Americana Flowers and many others.

Always scroll down the search page on the internet until you see local phone numbers and addresses.

These will be your local florists, and local florists will not have every item on their website on sale, nor do we advertise all over the web. Call centers advertise everywhere: Internet, Facebook, Funeral home websites, your local yellow pages and real florists do not.

See the informational post from a real florist below to get some more useful information.