When I paid about $150 to send flowers to honor my dead friend, I expected to get my money’s worth. Instead, I was embarrassed to find at the funeral home a puny arrangement not worth $70.

It stood next to other, huge floral stands, the few flowers insufficient to cover the stand's ugly wire legs. How pathetic a tribute to my friend. Never again. I paid a comparable price to a local Houston florist and received a beautiful stand full of gorgeous red roses.

What a rip-off.

The satisfaction guaranteed policy of store credit or a replacement will never substitute for a job done well in the first place.

No wonder Avas did not send me a picture of the arrangement (like the local florist did). Assuming that I would arrive to find an appropriate tribute for my $150, I drove 50 miles to suffer embarrassment.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Did not deliver what was ordered.

Comments

All of Avas sympathy arrangements are made of silk flowers. Their excuse when you complain is that it's a representation of what you might receive.

Avas is a sending only call center located in New City, NY. They wire orders out for about half of what you paid and a lot of the time won't find a real florist that will accept orders from call centers. We deal with them every day and I've been in the floral business for thirty years. When doing a search for florists scroll down the page until you see local addresses and phone numbers.

Those will be your local florists. Place your complaint on Trust Pilot as well.

There is an Avas rep who comments to the posts, but be aware that Avas will always make it sound like it's not their fault. Include your order number with the complaint.