I wish I had done my research before ordering a gift basket from Ava's.I ordered the Gourmet Gift Basket which was supposed to include cheese, crackers, cookies, chocolates and some fruit.

All that arrived in the basket was an apple, orange, six bananas and a small bunch of grapes... for $88. Their customer service reps are just the worst. First they tried to appease me with a 10% refund to my account.

It took three calls to customer service- demanding that they send the correct basket. Then they said that their local vendor was waiting to hear what I wanted in the basket! I said I want what is in YOUR picture on YOUR website. Finally today a half-assed attempt at another basket was sent- and I am done.

I will never use this company again.They are a disgrace, and I can't believe this "family owned" business continues to operate.

Review about: Avasflowers Gift Basket.

Had an Experience with Avasflowers?

Comments

Montgomery, Alabama, United States #1345758

Avas is a sending only call center and not a real florist.They wire your order to a real florist and send them about half of what you paid and that total sent also includes the real florists delivery.

So, if you paid $88, the real florist received $44 and had to take their delivery fee out of that total. Most charge between $10 and $15 (some more depending on distance and if the delivery address is in a rural area) So... if the florist charged $15 for delivery, that $44 just turned into $29 in fruit, the basket it came in, time paid to the employee who assembled it, the plastic wrap, ribbon for the bow and card attached so the driver knows where to deliver it.

Right now the only wire service Avas is allowed to use is the FTD Mercury system.Complain to FTD as well.