Montville, Connecticut
100% full Not resolved
Turnaround Time

I ordered a funeral arrangement that I saw online and the picture of the order (first picture) and the arrangement I received (second picture) is not similar at all, the flowers are not even the same, the ribbon is not the same, it is a box, not a basket as shown. AND there was no sympathy card attached. I was emailed a copy of my invoice which specifically shows this image and shows a sympathy card was to be included.

When the flowers were delivered with no card attached, the family asked the funeral director who sent them. He called the company to find out who, and a representative of the company was not helpful at all, and stated something about the privacy of their client. When I ordered the flowers, I asked for a sympathy card with my name on it, so that constitutes permission to share my name. I am so unhappy and so upset with Ava’s Flowers. They offered to refund me $3.99 for the card and give me a “store credit” of $20.00, as if I would EVER order from them again.

I did not attend this funeral due to personal issues and had put lots of thought on what I wanted written on the card. The representative assured me I was in good hands and this would be taken care of. At no time did Ava's offer to deliver a sympathy card after the fact, and Thank God my son was at the funeral home and was able to write out a card that the funeral director provided. The funeral director said he has never encountered such poor customer service.

Ava's used local florists for their deliveries. I contacted the local florist only to find out that Ava's did not provide any information as to the arrangement and did not tell them to include a sympathy card. I paid $73.13 for the arrangement, which was supposed to include free delivery. The local florist only received $56.00.

I didn't like: Lack of customer service.

Had an Experience with Avasflowers?

Comments

Montgomery, Alabama, United States #1207580

When you pay for a sympathy card $3.99-$4.99 from Avas, they send us real florists $1.99 and not enough money for the flowers that were ordered.They undercharge for those arrangements and then send the real florist a website link that doesn't even work half the time.

They we real florists have to come up with something "similar" without having any idea what the original looks like. They are a sending only call center, meaning they only take orders and then send them out to real florists with a link to a photo that mostly doesn't work.

Another of these call centers recently closed down due to lawsuits.

There are a lot of these call centers out there and some of them even advertise in local yellow pages, funeral home websites and all over the internet.Real florists usually have websites but are not advertising everywhere you look.

LeeLee6
Manchester, New Hampshire, United States #913244

I would like to follow up with my complaint. I complained and complained to Ava's Flowers via emails, telephone calls, and facebook comments, and eventually, Ava's Flowers did the right thing and gave me a full refund. Thank you for allowing me to vent; however, in all fairness, I wanted to update the status of this.