Avasflowers - Canceled my Mother's Day Flower days after Mother's day without any explanation
My review is very very bad.The website stated it would arrive between Saturday 5/9 through Monday 5/11, which was fine, I understand mother's day is a busy day of the year for flower companies, but also a day they should be prepared for, it's no surprise flowers are popular on mother's day, they always have been.
I went with AvasFlowers.com because there was a chance the flowers would actually arrive on Sunday, Mother's day, and all the other flower websites said tuesday or later. Mother's day came and I figured we'd at least tell my Mother in Law that she would be getting flowers the next day, she was super excited. Then monday came and still no flowers. So I double check my email and see that in the email, contrary to the website given delivery dates at checkout, it says the flowers could arrive on tuesday, ok tuesday is ok, I tell my mother in law to expect flowers tuesday.
Tuesday comes and goes and no flowers. I get home from work wednesday to a sad face text from my mother in law saying still no flowers asking if you guys needed directions or something. So I check my email, that's when I find a very generic email saying they've gone and canceled my order, no explanation given, and refunded me in order to prevent any further issues. Seriously?
This caused plenty of issues? You canceled my mothers day flowers several days after they were supposed to arrive. I had to go to another flower website, you know, so I can make sure they actually arrive this time, and order new flowers and pay for rush shipping just so I can get them there by Friday at the soonest, nearly a week after she was supposed to be getting flowers. Not only that, I felt so guilty I ended up upgrading her flower arrangement to make up for the delay, like AvasFlowers should have.
I am extremely disappointed with AvasFlowers.com. The flowers should have still been delivered even if they were late, in fact for the lateness they should have upgraded the bouquet, instead they just refunded me, no coupon code, no gift card, just full on disappointment. Could you imagine the backlash Amazon.com would have if they just canceled everyones christmas presents after they were due, after christmas, and just sent a generic email saying they were refunded? I didn't want the money, I wanted a smiling mother in law as she received her beautiful flowers.
Instead I got a sad face text.Which at this point is the best description I can give of AvasFlowers.com right now, a giant sad face :( Don't ruin your holidays by ordering flowers from a flower company that can't manage to deliver flowers.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Style and Design|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Fraudulent representation
- Zero feedback missed delivery day
- Canceled order after it was due
- Reason of review:
- canceling the order days after it was due
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver the flowers for free, you ruined Mother's day
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Mothers Day Flowers
- Review category
- Flowers / Florist
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Absolutely the most embarrassingand unsatisfying place I have ever ordered from. They show beautiful bouquets and arrangements, and then when you or who you're sending to receive an embarrassing..."
- "I ordered the Premium Autumn Expressions bouquet and the flowers that were delivered look nothing like the arrangement that I ordered. It should have been fall colors. Also,..."
- "I ordered flowers on 9-26-15 and they were delivered by noon on Saturday. The exact rainbow ones ordered in a better vase than the picture and the balloon I ordered...."
- "My wife and I were traveling and attempted to use the tv.xfinity.com feature - unfortunately, after logging in, I kept getting error when trying to play recordings/tv/ondemand/anything - I called..."
- "My son ordered a hoodie without permission / I attempted to cancel immediately / Web site will not allow you to cancel order, must call support line / Support line..."
- "I purchased a small canvas emergency pouch last November it was intended to hold personal items, medication, a torch and batteries things for an emergency. When it did not appear..."
- "I have now been on hold for 2 hours and 10 minutes and counting, to talk to PZ regarding wrongful charges on my account. I think you only move..."
- "Wow!!....Wow! I'm absolutely speechless.I don't know where to start from or how to explain how sad I feel.I usually stay away from the Gresham location because there product is all..."
- "multnomah county loves to profit off of family heartache,when i tried to get my grandma moved into a assisted living home,they talked her into staying at home with a 10..."