Avasflowers - Canceled my Mother's Day Flower days after Mother's day without any explanation
My review is very very bad.The website stated it would arrive between Saturday 5/9 through Monday 5/11, which was fine, I understand mother's day is a busy day of the year for flower companies, but also a day they should be prepared for, it's no surprise flowers are popular on mother's day, they always have been.
I went with AvasFlowers.com because there was a chance the flowers would actually arrive on Sunday, Mother's day, and all the other flower websites said tuesday or later. Mother's day came and I figured we'd at least tell my Mother in Law that she would be getting flowers the next day, she was super excited. Then monday came and still no flowers. So I double check my email and see that in the email, contrary to the website given delivery dates at checkout, it says the flowers could arrive on tuesday, ok tuesday is ok, I tell my mother in law to expect flowers tuesday.
Tuesday comes and goes and no flowers. I get home from work wednesday to a sad face text from my mother in law saying still no flowers asking if you guys needed directions or something. So I check my email, that's when I find a very generic email saying they've gone and canceled my order, no explanation given, and refunded me in order to prevent any further issues. Seriously?
This caused plenty of issues? You canceled my mothers day flowers several days after they were supposed to arrive. I had to go to another flower website, you know, so I can make sure they actually arrive this time, and order new flowers and pay for rush shipping just so I can get them there by Friday at the soonest, nearly a week after she was supposed to be getting flowers. Not only that, I felt so guilty I ended up upgrading her flower arrangement to make up for the delay, like AvasFlowers should have.
I am extremely disappointed with AvasFlowers.com. The flowers should have still been delivered even if they were late, in fact for the lateness they should have upgraded the bouquet, instead they just refunded me, no coupon code, no gift card, just full on disappointment. Could you imagine the backlash Amazon.com would have if they just canceled everyones christmas presents after they were due, after christmas, and just sent a generic email saying they were refunded? I didn't want the money, I wanted a smiling mother in law as she received her beautiful flowers.
Instead I got a sad face text.Which at this point is the best description I can give of AvasFlowers.com right now, a giant sad face :( Don't ruin your holidays by ordering flowers from a flower company that can't manage to deliver flowers.
More Review Details
|Style and Design|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Fraudulent representation
- Zero feedback missed delivery day
- Canceled order after it was due
- Reason of review:
- canceling the order days after it was due
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver the flowers for free, you ruined Mother's day
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Mothers Day Flowers
- Review category
- Flowers / Florist
You May Also Like
- "I must say that my husband could have gone to the local grocery store and bought a better bouquet of roses and spent half the money he did with this..."
- "The first issue with this florist is I requested a delivery after 3:00pm, I received a text at 11:11 am that the flowers were delivered. Called their customer service to..."
- "I ordered the Premium Autumn Expressions bouquet and the flowers that were delivered look nothing like the arrangement that I ordered. It should have been fall colors. Also,..."
- "6/11/15: Lady from NY called this week and stated that this email below said CAN'T BOOK FOR DIFFERENT NAME BUT IT CLEARLY SILAS EMAILED: " The new ticket can be..."
- "These guys are horrible! They damaged both of my vehicles (2011 Toyota Sienna and 2001 Hyundai Sonata) transporting them from North Carolina to Oregon resulting in over $1400 in damage...."
- " BOYD'S GUNSTOCKS. Happy to take your order and your money. When it turns out their website is not updated and it's not in stock you have to pay the cancellation..."
- "Had my jeep in for a paint job and was horrified to see that they painted my jeep Red jeep. orange!! I also dealt with the manager Lillie, rude!! And..."
- "Brand new Avenger leaks every time it rains. I bought it 6 minths ago from McGeorges RV and have had numerous leaks every time it rains. The manufacturer will not..."
- "When times are tight and then you come across an ad that offers a great product for a great price, only to see it is false is sad. I didn't..."