Avasflowers - Canceled my Mother's Day Flower days after Mother's day without any explanation
My review is very very bad.The website stated it would arrive between Saturday 5/9 through Monday 5/11, which was fine, I understand mother's day is a busy day of the year for flower companies, but also a day they should be prepared for, it's no surprise flowers are popular on mother's day, they always have been.
I went with AvasFlowers.com because there was a chance the flowers would actually arrive on Sunday, Mother's day, and all the other flower websites said tuesday or later. Mother's day came and I figured we'd at least tell my Mother in Law that she would be getting flowers the next day, she was super excited. Then monday came and still no flowers. So I double check my email and see that in the email, contrary to the website given delivery dates at checkout, it says the flowers could arrive on tuesday, ok tuesday is ok, I tell my mother in law to expect flowers tuesday.
Tuesday comes and goes and no flowers. I get home from work wednesday to a sad face text from my mother in law saying still no flowers asking if you guys needed directions or something. So I check my email, that's when I find a very generic email saying they've gone and canceled my order, no explanation given, and refunded me in order to prevent any further issues. Seriously?
This caused plenty of issues? You canceled my mothers day flowers several days after they were supposed to arrive. I had to go to another flower website, you know, so I can make sure they actually arrive this time, and order new flowers and pay for rush shipping just so I can get them there by Friday at the soonest, nearly a week after she was supposed to be getting flowers. Not only that, I felt so guilty I ended up upgrading her flower arrangement to make up for the delay, like AvasFlowers should have.
I am extremely disappointed with AvasFlowers.com. The flowers should have still been delivered even if they were late, in fact for the lateness they should have upgraded the bouquet, instead they just refunded me, no coupon code, no gift card, just full on disappointment. Could you imagine the backlash Amazon.com would have if they just canceled everyones christmas presents after they were due, after christmas, and just sent a generic email saying they were refunded? I didn't want the money, I wanted a smiling mother in law as she received her beautiful flowers.
Instead I got a sad face text.Which at this point is the best description I can give of AvasFlowers.com right now, a giant sad face :( Don't ruin your holidays by ordering flowers from a flower company that can't manage to deliver flowers.
More Review Details
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Style and Design|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Fraudulent representation
- Zero feedback missed delivery day
- Canceled order after it was due
- Reason of review:
- canceling the order days after it was due
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver the flowers for free, you ruined Mother's day
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Mothers Day Flowers
- Review category
- Flowers / Florist
You May Also Like
- "I ordered a pastel sympathy standing basket premium-large arrangement. It was suppose to have less filler and more flowers will I got the opposite. Also, I paid extra money to..."
- "I must say that my husband could have gone to the local grocery store and bought a better bouquet of roses and spent half the money he did with this..."
- "Absolutely the most embarrassingand unsatisfying place I have ever ordered from. They show beautiful bouquets and arrangements, and then when you or who you're sending to receive an embarrassing..."
- "multnomah county loves to profit off of family heartache,when i tried to get my grandma moved into a assisted living home,they talked her into staying at home with a 10..."
- "These guys are horrible! They damaged both of my vehicles (2011 Toyota Sienna and 2001 Hyundai Sonata) transporting them from North Carolina to Oregon resulting in over $1400 in damage...."
- "I was recently assaulted and strangled to death by a staff member at Georges Dancin Bare. A "gentleman's club" located at 440 North Interstate Avenue in Portland, Oregon. What began..."
- "I placed an order to tummy filler with Zomato using their smartphone app (order no. 9808959) on 23 October 2016, at 4;27 pm. The order (food garlic bread andsalad wrap..."
- "The first time I ordered from them I paid $50 something dollars but never could get my order . I decided to try again and 3 out of 4 of..."
- "Not much to say (there 4 pictures taken on the same visit say it all). I have been consistently disappointed in the quality of veggies and produce at the..."