Avasflowers - Canceled my Mother's Day Flower days after Mother's day without any explanation

My review is very very bad.The website stated it would arrive between Saturday 5/9 through Monday 5/11, which was fine, I understand mother's day is a busy day of the year for flower companies, but also a day they should be prepared for, it's no surprise flowers are popular on mother's day, they always have been.

I went with AvasFlowers.com because there was a chance the flowers would actually arrive on Sunday, Mother's day, and all the other flower websites said tuesday or later. Mother's day came and I figured we'd at least tell my Mother in Law that she would be getting flowers the next day, she was super excited. Then monday came and still no flowers. So I double check my email and see that in the email, contrary to the website given delivery dates at checkout, it says the flowers could arrive on tuesday, ok tuesday is ok, I tell my mother in law to expect flowers tuesday.

Tuesday comes and goes and no flowers. I get home from work wednesday to a sad face text from my mother in law saying still no flowers asking if you guys needed directions or something. So I check my email, that's when I find a very generic email saying they've gone and canceled my order, no explanation given, and refunded me in order to prevent any further issues. Seriously?

This caused plenty of issues? You canceled my mothers day flowers several days after they were supposed to arrive. I had to go to another flower website, you know, so I can make sure they actually arrive this time, and order new flowers and pay for rush shipping just so I can get them there by Friday at the soonest, nearly a week after she was supposed to be getting flowers. Not only that, I felt so guilty I ended up upgrading her flower arrangement to make up for the delay, like AvasFlowers should have.

I am extremely disappointed with AvasFlowers.com. The flowers should have still been delivered even if they were late, in fact for the lateness they should have upgraded the bouquet, instead they just refunded me, no coupon code, no gift card, just full on disappointment. Could you imagine the backlash Amazon.com would have if they just canceled everyones christmas presents after they were due, after christmas, and just sent a generic email saying they were refunded? I didn't want the money, I wanted a smiling mother in law as she received her beautiful flowers.

Instead I got a sad face text.Which at this point is the best description I can give of AvasFlowers.com right now, a giant sad face :( Don't ruin your holidays by ordering flowers from a flower company that can't manage to deliver flowers.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Style and Design
Turnaround Time

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Fraudulent representation
    • Zero feedback missed delivery day
    • Canceled order after it was due

Reason of review:
canceling the order days after it was due
Preferred solution:
Deliver the flowers for free, you ruined Mother's day
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Mothers Day Flowers
Review category
Flowers / Florist
review #636438 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Avasflowers? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.