Problem # 1 - Googled “Richmond area florists” on Friday, January 5, 2018 and your company was at the top of the list.Thinking I was dealing with a local florist, I went to your website where a deal was presented for 10% off and “free same day delivery”.

The plant was for my son's fiancee's Father's funeral the next day in Richmond, VA. I chose a “premium peace lily “ plant and proceeded with the order. The plant was $59.99 plus a $2.99 charge for a card, which I though was strange because a card is usually included. After the $6.00 discount, my total on the screen was $56.98.

I was shocked when I checked my credit card and found that the amount charged was $72.93. There had been a “service fee” of $15.95 added to my order. This had appeared nowhere on my screen! I feel that is very deceptive at best.

Also when I was placing the order I noticed that the family's last name was listed twice. I called the toll-free number to get that corrected. The lady I talked to said that she would fix it. When I asked her if she was the “local florist” in Richmond she said “No, I am in New Jersey.” I asked her for the local florist phone number they would be using in Richmond so I could make sure the card was correct.

She stated that it was company policy and she could not give out the number. I also asked if I would be getting a confirmation e-mail and a delivery e-mail of my order and she assured me I would. To date I have received nothing from your company. If I had known about the $15.95 “service fee” at the time I certainly would have brought that up also but I did not find out about that until much later.

Problem # 2 – We live in Roanoke, VA, about a 3 hour drive from Richmond. When we arrived at the funeral home on Saturday, January 6, 2018 at 3:00 for the funeral service, I was shocked to see what had been delivered. The “premium peace lily” was very small and looked awful. It was extremely wilted and looked on it's last legs.

I was very embarrassed for my family and especially for my son. This was certainly not a “premium peace lily” or a “premium “anything. Too late to do anything about it then! This was supposed to be a plant that my son's fiancee could take home as a remembrance of her father after the service.

Instead this was an embarrassment to both. Problem#3 – When we returned home to Roanoke, I went to your website on Tuesday, January 9. 2018, looked up my order and went to the section that said “report a problem” It also said that I could request a redelivery or a refund. I filled out the form stating all of the problems listed above and submitted it.

It stated that a representative would be in touch shortly. It is now Friday, January 12, 2018 and I have yet to be contacted by anyone either through e-mail or by phone. Since a redelivery would have been impossible, I requested a refund of $72.93. As I stated I have yet to receive any contact from your company about anything!

After hearing nothing from Avas flowers, I called them today with my complaints. The first lady got agitated and told me when I hit the order flowers button then another screen should have popped up with the $15.95 service fee on it. She admitted it was confusing. She then told me that I was due no refund because I didn't contact them within 24-48 hours of delivery.

I explained that we were out of town for the funeral and all of the information was on my home computer and I contacted them upon my return. She kept repeating that it was my fault for not contacting them within the 48 hour time frame. I then spoke to a “supervisor” that kept repeating the same thing. He told me he would give me a $10.00 refund and 10% off my next order.

This is the WORST customer service. Their website is deceiving at best and their products are crap, plus they will not stand behind their products.

They will not respond to e-mails or inform you of anything.I will never use them again and you shouldn't either!

I didn't like: Worse flower company ever.

Comments