Avasflowers - No shipping but huge "handling fee"

I found it a little deceptive that they promote "no shipping or delivery fees" then charge you $17 for "service and Handling" !!!!

FaintGoose621
Pricing issue
Review #1411416 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Avasflowers - Ordered Roses and Chocolate.. Got Roses and a Teddy bear instead..

They did not deliver what was ordered.. I ordered Roses and Chocolate..

Got Roses and a Teddy bear instead..They claimed substitution rules..I can understand maybe something is slightly different from what is represented online. But a stuffed bear instead of chocolate? Wanted to give me $15 credit.

I said forget I will never use it. {{Redacted}}

Not as described
Review #1189559 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1189559.
1.7

Avasflowers - Deplorable customer service

I ordered a small basket with a plant in it to be delivered the same day. Instead, they sent a massive 3' tall plant (that the recipient doesn't have anywhere to display it - hence me purchasing a small table-top arrangement)...and on top of that, it wasn't delivered until a day later.

Every complaint that I have sent to them has been met with excuses and being passed to yet another person with a heavy accent that I could barely understand. No resolution and pretty much given an 'oh well, sorry' kind of answer and trying to get rid of me.

I'm incredibly upset and very unhappy with their service. Do NOT use Ava's Flowers!!

Poor customer service
Full refund
Review #1176656 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1176656.

Avasflowers - Terrible company

I ordered flowers for my Goddaughter's 40th birthday several weeks in advance. I ordered a dozen carnations, 7 pink and 5 red with a birthday balloon.

I then received a call stating that my order was chosen for an upgrade and they were to include a teddy bear and some chocolates. My Goddaughter received some roses with a truck balloon. A truck balloon for a girl? I called and complained and it took several calls as they kept putting me on hold for over 5 minutes each time and then when I was able to talk to someone their accent was so bad I could not understand them.

I kept asking for a supervisor and when I finally got a supervisor I told him they had two choices: 1-to either credit my credit card or send the correct order. I was told that a correct order would go out the next day. I received a call the next morning telling me that they did not have enough carnations for the order. I then told them that they better credit my credit card, which hasn't happened yet.

I live in California and my Goddaughter is in Shawnee, OK and I depended on this company for a special occasion which did not happen. PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!

Full refund
Review #1094394 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1094394.

Avasflowers Shipping Service Review

Wrong flowers. They were even delivered on the right day. Customer service was no help at all.

Order processing issue
Review #1022095 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1022095.

Avasflowers - Shipping Service Review

Ordered flowers to be delivered on January 4th received email stating order was ready for delivery by 7 p.m. on January 4th 2017 called Avas flowers at my time 5:39 p.m.

New Jersey time 6:39 p.m. spoke with Christian stated the flowers will not be delivered because the shop never received the order they would be delivered first thing in the morning. Christian stated that the reason the flowers will not be delivered was because I placed my order after their cut off time. I advised Christian that the website did not have a cut-off time and simply said same day delivery at the time of my order.

Called Avas flower at 8:39 Texas time 9:30 their time in New Jersey spoke with Dorothy W stated she would have to call the flower shop when they open because she did not know what happened to the flowers that only that they were scheduled for delivery today I told her I ordered the flowers because the website stated they were same day delivery which was supposed to be on January 4th which are now not delivered on January 5th. She stated that I should not be upset with her because she did not make the mistake was speaking while I was trying to speak to her when I asked her to stop yelling at me she stated she was not yelling and then lowered her voice. She said she could have the flowers delivered today I requested a time for the delivery she said they could not guarantee me a delivery so I refused she then said then you will receive an email when your refund shortly goodbye.

She didn't hang up on me but she did put me on hold for over 5 minutes came back to the phone and immediately disconnected the call. I am upset because of the way Dorothy W decided she wouldn't make her own decision about my order I am the customer who placed the order but yet she is making the decisions on what will happen with my order.

Order processing issue
Review #985781 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer985781.

Avasflowers Shipping Service Review

DON'T BUY FROM AVAS FLOWERS Flowers sent 2 days later and not item ordered. Offered a credit like I would use them again

Order processing issue
Review #981862 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer981862.
1.6

Avasflowers - TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE

I placed an order for a Christmas Tree-like arrangement to send to friends who just lost a loved one and specifically requested a holiday seasonal arrangement. I found Avas advertising online for the locale near my friends' home.

It showed three (3) of the type arrangement still available (AND STILL DOES) and offered next day delivery. On the day of the scheduled delivery (Friday) I was contacted to say the designers were not in so they could not make the arrangement and wanted to deliver a substitute. i told them no and asked if the designers would be in on Monday. They told me they would and I could have the arrangement delivered then.

I found out on Tuesday by calling Avas that NO arrangement was delivered and they tried to again tell me they wanted to deliver a different arrangement. I demanded to speak with the owner (NOT MANAGER) and it is now Friday and I have not heard from the owner or anyone else for that matter. I also requested a refund and have not heard from anyone. I am totally embarrassed that my friends' received nothing during their time of grief and feel my friends are not believing me that I actually ordered an arrangement.

I will NEVER use this florist again and will NEVER recommend this florist to anyone. I plan to call again and demand my money back.

I feel their advertising is deceitful and their customer service is meaningless (no fault of the girl I spoke with). They call themselves a locally owned shop, but if so it is run more like a mega-corporation where no person with any authority is able to be contacted.

I liked
Extremely discontent
I didn’t like
Being lied to and having my order canceled without explaination
Full refund
Review #978472 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer978472.

Avasflowers - DO NOT ATEMPT TO USE THEM ABSOLUTLY HORABLE!!

I have send flowers to my two girls every who weeks for the 4 years, with no issues.

I had a situation where my wife and I were to be apart for our 25th anniversary, so I ordered 24 long stem roses to be sent to her. Paid extra for Overnight delivery. NEVER ARRIVED!

Lied to for 6 hrs about where they were. I was told every lie you could imagine. Even that we were crazy and they were there.

Finally they admitted they were never sent. Actually offered to send them 5 days later (full charge). Right Like that would fix the fact that my wife now thinks I just forgot.

They have no one that speaks reasonable English (clearly managed off shore) which clearly interrupts their ability to manage delivery.

To beat all, they still billed me.

Total time spent on the phone 2.2 hrs. Result- No flowers, no love!

Do not use these NJ crooks.

Horrable
Problem with delivery
close your business
Review #953308 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer953308.
2.3

Avasflowers - Cancelled my order 10 minutes before they were to be delivered.

I ordered flowers for a family funeral using the website as well as calling and talking to a person. I did this 6 days before the funeral.

I had to pay extra to have them delivered on a Saturday to the church. 10 minutes before they were to delivered they called to say the order couldn't be done as they had no one in Caledonia to send the flowers. They offered to send them later to someones house but couldn't get them to the funeral. After spending 15 minutes on the phone I finally asked for a refund.

I called Mary Anns florist in the town and they took care of it for me. So angry with this Company Avas I will never use them again.

Their website stated local florist and same day delivery. What a crock of bull.

#1419912

Ava's is a sending only call center. Most real florists won't accept orders from them because they only receive half of what you paid with no delivery added.

Avas wires your order from one of two call centers in the US. One in NJ and one in NY. They advertise as local in all states.

This is why they couldn't find a florist. Not one would accept the order.

Had same experience for my wife’s birthday...

Caledonia, Minnesota
I liked
I was extremely unhappy and still am
Not delivered on time
Problem with delivery
Full refund
Review #937259 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer937259.