1.3

Avasflowers - Wilted and brown for wifes birthday

Ordered roses several days ahead. Arrived late evening on birthday.

Flowers wilting and brown around edges. Shipped replacement (good) to arrive 2 days later. Arrived wilting and brown around edges (bad). "Put them in water and they will come back ok "!!!

Offered a discount but refused refund. Do not use this company.

Not as described
Review #1103772 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1103772.

Avasflowers - Got Pink Roses instead of Lavender or purple

It was my sons birthday. I sent him a dozen roses.

I wanted to be the first woman to ever send my son roses. He was to receive 6 Red Roses and 6 Lavender or purple. The Red Roses stood for the Love that I have for him. And the Lavender Roses for the Royalty and Respect that he has carried in his heart for God and his family.

I even had that written on the card. Well, heavens forbids they sent pink. Just ruined everything. My son lives in a different state from me.

Just ruined everything. I paid them 168.00. They offered me 20.00 back and 10% off my order. No, can do.

I haven't received a phone call back from the manager.

Never again. They are 0 in my book!

Recie
Not as described
Review #1088627 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Avasflowers - Disgrace

Last week I ordered farm-fresh, "premium" pink roses to be delivered to my wife for our anniversary. What she received was a disgrace to the company name and quality promise.

She received a green box that held 11 dying roses, all with browning petals, and one dead rose that was obviously stuffed in there knowingly during handling that I paid $20 for. These roses had obviously been in the box for several days. I spent $82.94 for a "promised", "quality" bouquet of roses that were worse quality than a $5 bundle of daisies from Walmart.

I am never purchasing flowers from them again, and will discourage anyone to do the same. Called and emailed and have not heard back.

Bad quality
Review #1085034 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1085034.
1.8

Avasflowers - PERFECTLY UNACCEPTABLE

I ordered an arrangement of two dozen colored roses; they were delivered "dry" without a vase and without water. This is perfectly unacceptable and I have contacted American Express to deny payment to AVAS Flowers, as, contractually, a vase was part of the purchase and, as such, it was a fraudulent delivery.

I did not receive the product I purchased. I read bad reviews in abundance online AFTER I used this service and am very sorry for not doing so beforehand. There is no excuse for this kind of service. The telephone operators are clearly not fluent in English and are trained to bug you into placing an order -- if they are able to understand at all what you are saying.

After purchasing, I visited AVAS site again and found the same arrangement posted for $10 LESS than I had just paid. When I telephoned back they gave me a runaround saying it cost more to deliver them to my destination than to others, something they did not specify online or when I called to confirm. I was NOT given the $10 reduction in price as I asked; they offered a 10% discount of $4.99 which they promised would be credited to my card, but it hasn't yet been. I talked to computers, punched buttons, and was bugged afterward with a satisfaction survey.

Every time I go to the site and attempt to leave, I am bombarded with a flash sign offering a 10% discount. It is irritating and unprofessional, clearly a scam. They refused to tell me (it is "policy" not to, they said) where the flowers were coming from (not in the town of delivery) and, incredibly, they told me they would be delivered by either UPS or FedEx. That is no way to receive fresh flowers!

My dissatisfaction is complete, and it is incomprehensible that a company attempts to do business this way. Do not buy flowers from AVAS.

I could not be more dissatisfied as these were a gift to an elderly friend who almost died in a hospital and has been moved to a nursing home. What a welcome, and what a poor light it puts me in as the giver.

Leeds, Alabama, United States #1354498

Any time you see roses advertised for cheap, they either came from the grocery store or will arrive dry packed in the mail. Two dozen roses at any reputable florist cost in the neighborhood of $100 plus delivery and sales tax.

Flowers received dry packed have to have their stems cut in order for them to draw up water. Recut stems every two to three days for longer lasting flowers.

Ava's isn't a real florist but a sending only call center; one of many. They are based overseas somewhere but have two call center hubs in the US: NY and NJ.

These call centers advertise everywhere, have everything on sale and can only guarantee you that they will take your money. Always look for local phone numbers and addresses when searching for reputable florists.

@Anonymous

Excellent analysis and good advice. I realized too late this company is a scam and originally intended to deal with a local florist.

After I got into the deal I realized I had made a bad mistake and I shall never use this company again. Thanks for your input.

No vase ? Not "fraudulent".

Simply incomplete.

UPS or FedEx ? What else did you expect ?

Next time, patronize a local establishment. It's easy even if you're not in the vicinity of the recipient.

BAD.FLOWERS1
I didn’t like
Delivery and how they handled the issue
Problem with delivery
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund
Review #1077663 is a subjective opinion of poster.
2.0

Avasflowers - Did not get what I ordered

The first photo is what I ordered, the second is what I got. You be the judge.

Also, the cost was supposed to be $45. After all was done, I was charged $82.

Not as described
Review #1055325 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1055325.
3.0

Avasflowers - Not a Happy Camper

I was lied to and cheated by Ava's Flowers, then hung up on when I asked for a refund. Credit card reversed the charges. I'm not paying $92.92 for wilted mismatched roses that looked like they were cut from someone's yard!

Tomilynnwhite
Bad quality
Review #1047439 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Avasflowers Roses Flowers Review

The card was way wrong and the gave me 15 flowers out of 24. Then the support was a joke they offered me 10$ back. I don't want the money I wanted the flowers I paid for

Not as described
Review #1029893 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1029893.

Avasflowers - DO NOT ORDER FLOWERS FROM THIS COMPANY

DO NOT ORDER FLOWERS FROM THIS COMPANY! The flowers I ordered and the flowers I received were completely lacking of resemblance.

Because my grieving grandmother didn't send me a photo within 48 hours they refused a refund. They first gave me a $15 store credit (as if I would return) and then after a heated discussion they only gave me a 10 percent discount on an $80 purchase. And this was after sending 3 e-mails before they even replied. The website photos are completely deceiving and the customer service was absolutely horrible!

Again DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY

I didn’t like
Hassel for their mistake
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund
Review #1022016 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1022016.

Avasflowers Roses Flowers Review

They advertised 24 roses for 39.99 never confirmed an amount with me and charged my card 79$ I have been talking to their customer service agents for 2 days and they keep telling me I'll receive a refund and they have yet to do so. Just constantly making me jump through hoops. Do not order flowers from them they are thieves

Pricing issue
Review #1012221 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1012221.
1.4

Avasflowers - Roses Flowers Review

I was sent two dozen roses from my boyfriend who was out of the country on Valentine's Day, the roses arrived half dead around 2pm on Valentine's Day and by the next morning were completely dead. Wilted, petals and leaves all over the floor, some were even more brown than the day before.

I called to complain and sat on hold for 35 mins before getting a recording telling me to pick a time for a call back. My only options were after 8pm THE NEXT DAY. When they called it was an automated response which put me on hold AGAIN until I finally got a person on the line. She told me they would send new flowers but not until the following week.

FLOWERS NEVER SHOWED UP!! When I called customer service at the end of the day I told them what had happened and they sent me to an automated response which then HUNG UP ON ME. I called again and explained and told them I had just been hung up on and she told me she would transfer me to someone who would sort out the problem...NOT. She sent me to the same automated response as the last person and I was AGAIN hung up on.

NEVER RECOMMENDING THIS COMPANY TO ANYONE! Biggest waste of money and such a disappointment on Valentine's Day!

Bad quality
Review #1011937 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1011937.