Avasflowers - Awful flowers and awful customer service

Problem # 1 - Googled “Richmond area florists” on Friday, January 5, 2018 and your company was at the top of the list. Thinking I was dealing with a local florist, I went to your website where a deal was presented for 10% off and “free same day delivery”.

The plant was for my son's fiancee's Father's funeral the next day in Richmond, VA. I chose a “premium peace lily “ plant and proceeded with the order. The plant was $59.99 plus a $2.99 charge for a card, which I though was strange because a card is usually included. After the $6.00 discount, my total on the screen was $56.98.

I was shocked when I checked my credit card and found that the amount charged was $72.93. There had been a “service fee” of $15.95 added to my order. This had appeared nowhere on my screen! I feel that is very deceptive at best.

Also when I was placing the order I noticed that the family's last name was listed twice. I called the toll-free number to get that corrected. The lady I talked to said that she would fix it. When I asked her if she was the “local florist” in Richmond she said “No, I am in New Jersey.” I asked her for the local florist phone number they would be using in Richmond so I could make sure the card was correct.

She stated that it was company policy and she could not give out the number. I also asked if I would be getting a confirmation e-mail and a delivery e-mail of my order and she assured me I would. To date I have received nothing from your company. If I had known about the $15.95 “service fee” at the time I certainly would have brought that up also but I did not find out about that until much later.

Problem # 2 – We live in Roanoke, VA, about a 3 hour drive from Richmond. When we arrived at the funeral home on Saturday, January 6, 2018 at 3:00 for the funeral service, I was shocked to see what had been delivered. The “premium peace lily” was very small and looked awful. It was extremely wilted and looked on it's last legs.

I was very embarrassed for my family and especially for my son. This was certainly not a “premium peace lily” or a “premium “anything. Too late to do anything about it then! This was supposed to be a plant that my son's fiancee could take home as a remembrance of her father after the service.

Instead this was an embarrassment to both. Problem#3 – When we returned home to Roanoke, I went to your website on Tuesday, January 9. 2018, looked up my order and went to the section that said “report a problem” It also said that I could request a redelivery or a refund. I filled out the form stating all of the problems listed above and submitted it.

It stated that a representative would be in touch shortly. It is now Friday, January 12, 2018 and I have yet to be contacted by anyone either through e-mail or by phone. Since a redelivery would have been impossible, I requested a refund of $72.93. As I stated I have yet to receive any contact from your company about anything!

After hearing nothing from Avas flowers, I called them today with my complaints. The first lady got agitated and told me when I hit the order flowers button then another screen should have popped up with the $15.95 service fee on it. She admitted it was confusing. She then told me that I was due no refund because I didn't contact them within 24-48 hours of delivery.

I explained that we were out of town for the funeral and all of the information was on my home computer and I contacted them upon my return. She kept repeating that it was my fault for not contacting them within the 48 hour time frame. I then spoke to a “supervisor” that kept repeating the same thing. He told me he would give me a $10.00 refund and 10% off my next order.

This is the WORST customer service. Their website is deceiving at best and their products are crap, plus they will not stand behind their products.

They will not respond to e-mails or inform you of anything. I will never use them again and you shouldn't either!

Worse flower company ever
Poor customer service
Loss
Full refund
Review #1167711 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1167711.
2.2

Avasflowers - Terible delivery and service

I placed an order online to be delivered 11/4. I ordered a Peace Lily.

In checking with the recipient it was not received even though I received an email that it was delivered. I called 11/7 and they said it would be delivered 11/8 and gave me a $20 store credit. I called 11/8 because it had not been delivered and was told it would be delivered 11/9, After 2 phone calls it was finally delivered 11/9 late afternoon. They said they tried twice to deliver, however, that is no excuse.

They had the recipient's cell phone number and could have called to schedule delivery. They delivered a White Hydrangea NOT a Peace Lily. I should have been notified that they were going to substitute my order with something else and given a choice.All the representatives I talked to were very polite and tried to help. The problem was with the store that delivered.

I am very disappointed in the service and delivery.

I will NEVER order from Avas Flowers again.

shunter
Tags
  • Order 3613169
I liked
I was extremely unhappy and still am
Whole experience
Reason of review
Substitution of order without notification
Price reduction
Review #952190 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Avasflowers - Go somewhere else!

I have never had a bad experience with a floral delivery until now. I have also never been jerked around so much by customer service over a simple $20.

I must have been on hold, when I could actually get a human to answer, for over an hour all total. I tried calling and emailing multiple times over the course of a week. I ordered a large (was told before I ordered that this meant 12-inch) peace lily to be delivered to a funeral. They delivered a 6-inch.

I was there to see it and measure it. I called, I sent a picture, and yet they were still arguing with me that it was a 10-inch "nicer pot" and offered me 10% or a $20 store credit. I informed them I would never shop there again so store credit was unacceptable, I wanted the difference in price refunded. They wanted to go bother the grieving widow and replace it.

I said absolutely not. In the end I got a $15 refund, but with such a hassle. I don't know where the "family" is in this "family owned and operated" florist, but I certainly didn't see any evidence of them or feel like I was dealing with that kind of establishment. I was dealing with people in a call center somewhere for sure.

Never again. Stick with one of the mainstream florists like FTD.

Tempe, Arizona, United States #1206176

What a joke this "Family owned'' Business is. This was my first times using Avas Flowers.

Of course the flowers were way smaller than it mentioned. I asked for 1 Happy Birthday balloon and the *** driver did not deliver it. I also paid 10.00 for the flowers to be delivered by 1:00 PM. My daughter did not receive the flowers till 2:30.

I kept calling and these *** customer service people and the girl said, it's so it could be delivered close to 1:00. Bull, cause that's not what it says on your *** website. I paid 6.99 for a balloon that did not show up and the girl had to get authorization before she could refund the money. I got home and saw my daughters flowers.

I was embarrassed. They were tiny garden picked flowers. I paid 85.00 for that? I should have just gone to the store.

Terrible customer service. Their phone is jacked up, can't understand what the *** they are saying.

I've never been so annoyed and pissed off.. DO NOT BUY FROM THESE JERKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Austin, Texas, United States #1205812

This is a fraudulent FRAD FRAD FRAD business do not buy here. I ordered flowers for my mother and they called her and asked if it was ok she received the flowers the next day .

Not professional at all. they are there to get your personal information for FRAUD

I didn’t like
Did not deliver what i ordered
Reason of review
Not as described, poor customer service
Loss
Price reduction
Review #909142 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer909142.

Avasflowers - Not what I ordered

I actually thought I was contacting a local florist but apparently not. They delivered an arrangement that I definitely did not choose.

I would never have chosen it ever. They never told me the arrangement I paid for was unavailable, they just sent me whatever they wanted. I notified customer service and explained my situation. They replied and said they would look into it.

Havent heard back yet and they havent corrected the problem. I will never order from them again, NEVER. Do not order from them ever. Why do I have to have 100 words?

really. Im just writing to meet the minimum requirement in order for my review to be heard.

Malabar, Florida
Order processing issue
Review #889919 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer889919.

Top Rated Products in Plants Category