Avasflowers - Never delivered the product

Ordered a fruit basket. Never delivered because "the florist doesn't carry fruit on weekends ".

Never delivered and their customer service never did anything but tell me it will be there tomorrow. Emails and phone calls go unreturned. They just seem more interested in having me go away instead of actually fixing anything. Who sells something they can't deliver?

Not one person there seems able or interested in fixing this.

What really kills this whole thing is we ordered the exact same gift for my mother in law and her fruit basket got there just fine. How hard is it to deliver fruit?!?

I didn’t like
Delivery and customer service, Rude associates, Refusal to correct order, Late delivery
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered
Review #637966 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer637966.

Avasflowers - Terrible Customer Service and flat out lied to me

My husband and I are stationed with the military overseas and we rely on online stores to fulfil Mother's Day, birthday gifts etc for us. We ordered flowers on Thursday for delivery by Saturday as a Mother's Day gift, I was informed that this was fine (placed my order over the phone) the next thing I get is an email stating that due to high seasonal demands, they would not guarantee delivery until Tuesday...I about lost my mind.

When I called to complain, they just tried to brush it off...then to top it all, I ordered a $70 bouquet with free delivery and am then told I have to pay $30 to ensure they arrive fresh and in good condition...excuse me?

What are you going to do....send dead flowers people have danced on??? A total sham.

I didn’t like
Customer service or product, Misleading website info
Pricing issue
Review #635930 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer635930.

Avasflowers - Missing Fruit

Where are the tangerines. Tangerines are a very popular fruit and there was none in the basket.

I sent this basket to a long time friend of time who survived a bout with cancer. I sent this as a celebratory gift because he is full remission. Tangerines are his very favorite fruit and I just assumed that this fruit would be in the basket. Those while the basket was full and full of good fruit it had garden variety oranges instead of tangerines.

I was greatly upset that my friend did not get his favorite fruit. Well lesson now learned.

Bad quality
Full refund
Review #635801 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer635801.

Avasflowers - No Easter Bunny

I wanted to order an Easter basket for my young niece. I wanted this to be an extra special gift for her.

I wanted the basket delivered by the Easter Bunny (someone dressed as the Easter Bunny). This company would not honor this request. I think they would get these type of requests frequently. Not this company, it seems they wont do anything even a little out of bounds.

This is poor customer service.

I even would have payed a little extra for it. This company does not think pleasing the customer by getting a simple request is the way to go.

Problem with delivery
Accommodate the customer
Review #615635 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer615635.

Avasflowers - Ate Flower Got Sick!!!

I recently received a fruit and gourmet basket that included some flowers. Since the flowers came with fruit, crackers, cheese and such I assumed that the flowers were also edible.

Well I ate some of the flowers, they did not taste so good. But I am not the person to waste anything so I ate some more. Later that day after I finished everything in the gift basket I did not feel too good, which I can only attribute to the flowers I ate.

Later I learned that the flowers were for display not eatin. They should clearly state, "Please Don't Eat the Flowers"

Read

is this *** a *** joke about Avas? I have never seen such *** reviews on a company.

Its like someone just wants to sit here and write bad reviews about *** events. If you ate plants then thats your problem if you got sick..What an *** you are..

Damaged or defective
Full refund
Review #570819 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer570819.

Avasflowers - Arrangement not like ordered (not even close)

I ordered the deluxe red and white sympathy basket. The basket, as pictured, is built around white flowers (mostly carnations) and RED ROSES.

The basket as delivered? Red and white carnations; not a rose to be seen. $84.00 for carnations? Their explanation: roses were available, so similar flowers were substituted.

Come on, roses not available?

Since when are carnations are a "similar flower?"

What was delivered was a cheap arrangement that looked "cheap."

Their solution was to credit me $20.00 and give me a $10.00 gift certificate to their shop. Gee, thanks but no thanks.

Apopka, Florida, United States #914871

I had the very same issue, and it looked very CHEAP!! Not a single rose, as they had promised me on the phone when I ordered!!!

Don't EVER order from them!!!!! They are LIARS!!!!!

Not as described
Full refund
Review #567995 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer567995.

Avasflowers - Beautiful baskets received

I recently sent a gift basket to business associate who I thought performed an important job for me. I just found out however that he screwed it all up and did not deserve the basket.

I called customer service and wanted to cancel the order. They told me that it was already delivered. I told them to pick it up and refund my money the person did not deserve the gift. They refused.

I tried another tact pick it up and give it to charity. No dice I am upset at a company that will not retrieve a gift given in error.

Read

It is not the responsibility of the florist to make good on your mistake. They shelled out money for the product, a product they can't just re-use for someone else.

For you to be upset that they wouldn't pick up the basket and refund your money is ridiculous.

Problem with delivery
Full refund
Review #567011 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer567011.

Avasflowers Gift Basket Review from Dallas, Texas

My mom ordered me a gift basket on Tuesday for same day delivery which is what was told could be done....thursday still no basket...item lost in shipment..after being told for 3 days was on the truck..said would give credit for merchandise..mom said no..full refund. Said let them fix mistake...after also being repeatedly lied to..and even had delivery info changed in computer on first night saying attempted delivery...after a super informed mom that shipment absolutly couldnt go out till next day..anyway..new one was suppose to be here today..saturday..and guess what!!??

No delivery..now they say will be here monday...btw they wanted to charge a restock fee..mom wouldnt go for that..what r they going to restock? Rotton fruit?? No. The (lost package) showed up this morning tho..upside down and all fruit was bad..id post pic if i could..

And guess what?? It wasnt even what she ordered. It had 5 pieces of fruit..2 oranges a pear an apple and a grapefruit..

And they charged her over $50.00 for that!!! They lie cheat and r incompetent!!!

Avasflowers Gift Basket
Review #488242 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer488242.

Avasflowers - Misrepresenting/fraudulent/Cheaters

I ordered a basket of flowers for a same day delivery. After finalizing he transaction I received a confirmation e-mail which included they were not able to deliver the fruit & gourmet basket on the same day.

The promise was the next day. However this NEVER HAPPENED and they were very vague about when they were going to deliver it. Nobody wanted to reply to my e-mails and I had to constantly phone the company to chase my order. Most of the time they would just disconnect the line even after speaking to me first.

After the 3rd day of not delivering the basket they actually cancelled my ordered. I spoke with them again and they put a second order for the same fruit basket without refunding the first one. I was charged twice for the same delivery which took 4 days to arrive! the WORST PART WAS THAT THEY DELIVERED A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT BASKET FROM WHAT I HAD ORDERED ONLINE.

THE FRUIT BASKET WAS VERY CHEAP AND EMBARRASSING TO GIFT TO ANYONE! THEY SHOW YOU THESE BEAUTIFUL BASKETS ONLINE BUT THEY SEND A RUBBISH BASKET TO YOUR ADDRESS! They just made up a basket that did not even exist on their website and had the guts to deliver that and charge me twice for it!

every time I wished to speak to their customer service representative they e-mailed me to contact them myself and they would not call me!

I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED AND I FEEL CHEATED FOR BEING CHARGED TWICE AND RECEIVING A DELIVERY OF SOMETHING WHICH I HAD NEVER ORDERED IN THE FIRST PLACE. THEIR WEBSITE IS MISREPRESENTING AND THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS ABSOLUTELY POOR!

Loss
Review #485380 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer485380.

Avasflowers - Terrible Gift Basket - Bait & Switch By Ava's

Ordered a $70 "Fruitful Greetings Sympathy" gift basket ($77.93 with delivery) that should have been filled with mixed fruit, gourmet cheeses, crackers, summer sausage, oysters, salmon, nuts etc. They sent the basket to the sender, not to the person whom it was intended for, a day late and it contained: 6 bruised green apples, 4 red bruised apples, 4 oranges, 2 small wedges of cheese and two small boxes of crackers - one of which was opened.

We paid for a nice card to go with it and the basket was supposed to have a handle and a bow on it. The card was blank, no handle on the basket and the bow was one that you have to put together yourself. The basket was very poor quality and it was broken. The absolute WORST basket and service I have ever encountered.

Their website is deceiving because they make you think that they are truly a local florist in your area and they are NOT located in Virginia. The employees were rude and only offered to give me 50% of the total price, a store credit or to send another bad basket to the recipient.

I have filed a BBB complaint against Ava's Flowers. Contacted Ava's and they refused a full refund.

Loss
Review #477390 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer477390.