2.0

DO NOT ORDER FROM AVASFLOWERS!!!!!!!

I ordered a fruit basket to be delivered to a family who had a recent death in the family...it was supposedly to be delivered the "same day". According to the picture it was a nice basket (I ordered the medium basket which had fruit, snacks, candy)....it cost me $92.49 (it weighed by looking to be about 25 lbs.).

I got an email saying that something happened and it couldn't be delivered "same day" and it would be delivered on a Tues. (Monday was a holiday) and that they were going to upgrade the basket to "Premium" at not cost to me because the family wasn't going to be receiving it that day. The basket was actually delivered on Wednesday by UPS and I had my son take a picture of it and send it to me. I was shocked when I saw the picture of a small basket with 1 small pineapple, 3 apples, 1pear and it looked like a small box of cookies.

That basket wouldn't even cost $10.00.

I immediately called them and a woman told me that they were "shocked" that I wasn't delighted by the size of the basket that was sent. THESE PEOPLE NEED TO BE STOPPED---THEY ARE STEALING INNOCENT PEOPLE'S MONEY!!

Bad quality
Full refund
Review #1178423 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1178423.

Avasflowers - Don't Ever Use Ava's Flowers

I wish I had done my research before ordering a gift basket from Ava's. I ordered the Gourmet Gift Basket which was supposed to include cheese, crackers, cookies, chocolates and some fruit.

All that arrived in the basket was an apple, orange, six bananas and a small bunch of grapes... for $88. Their customer service reps are just the worst. First they tried to appease me with a 10% refund to my account.

It took three calls to customer service- demanding that they send the correct basket. Then they said that their local vendor was waiting to hear what I wanted in the basket! I said I want what is in YOUR picture on YOUR website. Finally today a half-assed attempt at another basket was sent- and I am done.

I will never use this company again. They are a disgrace, and I can't believe this "family owned" business continues to operate.

Montgomery, Alabama, United States #1345758

Avas is a sending only call center and not a real florist. They wire your order to a real florist and send them about half of what you paid and that total sent also includes the real florists delivery.

So, if you paid $88, the real florist received $44 and had to take their delivery fee out of that total. Most charge between $10 and $15 (some more depending on distance and if the delivery address is in a rural area) So... if the florist charged $15 for delivery, that $44 just turned into $29 in fruit, the basket it came in, time paid to the employee who assembled it, the plastic wrap, ribbon for the bow and card attached so the driver knows where to deliver it.

Right now the only wire service Avas is allowed to use is the FTD Mercury system. Complain to FTD as well.

Poor customer service
Review #1067966 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1067966.
1.3

Avasflowers - Extremely disappointed in my baby gift basket I had delivered to the local hospital for my daughter

My daughter had her baby on june 13 2017 6 weeks premature on june 14 i contacted avas flowers which was local to have a big beautiful baby flower gift basket delivered. I spoke with melvin who took my order i asked him for light blue white light green and purple carnations in a pretty basket with baloons a white teddy bear baby bottles baby rattles etc with a big light green bow on the basket.

He assured me it would be spectactular. I was charged 172.89 for the arrangement which i okd. When i arrived to the hospital after work that day i was discussed I am 55 years old and have never been so ripped off in my life. The next business day i immediately contacted avas flowers i expressed how dissatisfied i was beyond belief and i was told that someone higher up would contact me.

It is now june24 and no one has contacted me. Not only was the basket terrible nothing as i ordered but the way the customers are treated is just as bad. In my mind avas should not be in business. Since they did not care to resolve this issue i will be contacting the better business bureau and file a complaint.

I make really good money and have no problems paying for anything but i also expect to get what i asked for and paid for. I live in genesee county michigan and i will let everyone i can know how terrible avas flowers is

Montgomery, Alabama, United States #1344374

Avas isn't a real florist, but one of many sending only call centers. They are located overseas and have a couple of call hubs in the USA; NY and NJ.

They tell people they are local in order to gain their business and then wire the order using the FTD Mercury wire system. They send the real florist in the area you need a delivery about half of what you paid along with a link to a photo that won't open on the computer because it's an unsecure website. They also add a general description of what the order is to contain. Most real florists can't duplicate what was ordered for the price they receive and most will refuse to accept the order.

You see, we know you paid about twice what we received and should get what you paid for, but there's no way to duplicate the order and still stay in business. Complaints should be sent to the FTC who regulate shoddy businesses on the internet and to FTD. The more complaints to FTD, the sooner they will stop allowing Avas to be a member of their service and they won't be able to wire out orders.

Other sending only call centers that are just as shady: Just Flowers, From You Flowers, Blooms Today, Americana Flowers and many others.

Always scroll down the search page on the internet until you see local phone numbers and addresses.

These will be your local florists, and local florists will not have every item on their website on sale, nor do we advertise all over the web. Call centers advertise everywhere: Internet, Facebook, Funeral home websites, your local yellow pages and real florists do not.

See the informational post from a real florist below to get some more useful information.

Not as described
Review #1065566 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1065566.

Avasflowers - Ordered a fruit and chocolate basket to be delivered 5/10/17

The person I sent this basket to did not get it until 5/13 and it was suppose to be delivered 5/10 and she did not receive what I ordered. She sent me a picture and it was only fruit which included 3 apples, 3 oranges and 3 pears.

I paid 68. for this and the order form has what I ordered and the person did not receive that. I am very upset due to this person had tragic death in her family and it is very embarrassing for what she received. I have called 4 times to get this resolved and keep being told, someone will call me back.

No call back has been received.

If this is not resolved by close of business today, I will send a dispute to my credit card company. VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!!!!

I didn’t like
Lied to cover up mistake
Let the company propose a solution
Review #1047304 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1047304.

Avasflowers - Horrible basket

My precious aunt passed away. I could not be there due to injury but I ordered a basket of what was supposed to be 30% fruit and I wanted to add ham and salami and cheese as well as gourmet items.

What I got was an orange, six apples, and no meat or cheese. You could have gone to the store and bought this for 15 bucks tops. I called and they hung up on me. I called again and he was very rude, short, and then switched me to a survey (not real bright.) They obviously do not care about their reputation or their customers.

Never order from Avas flowers!! Tell everyone you know.

Loss
Review #974679 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer974679.

Avasflowers - Terrible experience

Unfortunately, I did not do my research as thoroughly as I should have... It was a terrible experience all the way around.

Terrible Customer Service, when I called to complain only got the run around and a request to have the gift recipient email a photograph?? Late delivery, missed recipient's birthday by a day. Then to add insult to injury after being late it was a terrible product.

Crappy basket with no balloon, which I paid extra for, with about $10 worth of groceries thrown in, 3 cheap cheeses, a box of crackers and a cheap box of chocolates which I also paid extra for!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT ORDER FROM AVAS FLOWERS!!!

Bad quality
Let the company propose a solution
Review #967287 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer967287.

Avasflowers - Absolutely Terrible!

Last week I ordered cheese and cracker basket for pre Thanksgiving delivery in another state and they sent a cookie and candy basket instead. And to top it off they sent it to 2 diabetics!

I tried to get an exchange but just got the run around. I have had 4 email exchanges with them telling them I am not paying and to pick up the delivery. A different person kept emailing me emailing me how much they care and were going to fix it. Still no resolution or contact for a week.

I will find a better company for my next basket or flower delivery.

The payment is now in dispute with my credit card company. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THEM!

Not as described
Review #964274 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer964274.

Avasflowers - Fruit Basket was too large

The fruit basket I received was too large. How was I a single person going to be able to eat all that fruit and other items before they spoiled.

I felt like that I had to eat fruit all the time just so that the gift that was sent to me would not go to waste. I like fruit about as much as anyone but this was a chore. You should make your fruit baskets smaller so as not to overwhelm the person.

I now feel that I do not want to eat fruit because I have had so much during the last week. I hope I am not developing an aversion for fruit because it is good for you.

Damaged or defective
Let the company propose a solution
Review #819014 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer819014.

Avasflowers - Disappointed that delivery was not secured!!

After being assured that my order of a fruit and cheese basket would be taken care of on a same day delivery order, I subsequently learned that the recipient never got our gift! She was home at 7:30P.M. that day. We received a confirming call that the basket had been left at the apartment.

Several days later we contacted our friend and told her about our effort to surprise her. She said she would check in the apartment complex office, where we assumed it would have been left, but she reported back to us that they had not had a delivery.

Contacting, by email, the Florist in Redmond, WA with whom I had placed the order, I registered my complaint and extreme disappointment!!

An Avas Florist resolution team member contacted me which I did appreciate. But, the $20 compensation for an $80 order entrusted to this service is of no help to me as a retired senior. I would never order through Avas Florist again!!!

Hemlock, New York
Problem with delivery
Review #759131 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer759131.
2.6

Avasflowers - Gift Basket Review from Fort Wayne, Indiana

Paid $60 for a candy arrangement advertised with full sized candy bars, only to find out from the recipient it was filled with a FEW mini snickers and dum dum suckers! Totally not what was advertised. Will not use this company again.

Not as described
Review #684166 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer684166.