Avasflowers - Poor performance, seemingly dishonest

Order placed, cost increased upon checkout, delivery not made as promised. Upon contact with Avasflowers, I was offered a 20% credit plus delivery, then the credit was reduced to 10%.

I requested full refund AND delivery, however no can do at Customer Support and no ability to speak with anyone higher up the managerial chain.

Worst online shopping experience,and I used be in charge of several fortune 500 corporate procurement organizations. Basically, suck you in with promises, but ring you dry with excuses.

Read

Excuses for days, I was on the phone for almost an hour and they took offense when I asked where the call center was located. They didn't know which part of New Jersey they were located and said that type of question was too personal. Apparently every person there is the manager when I asked.

Avasflowers Fruit Arrangement
Review #1535237 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1535237.
5.0

Avasflowers - Problem solved - Satisfied Customer

In response to my original complaint I must inform you that Avas Flowers has since solved my issue. My family received a beautifully arranged fruit basket with the card and message intended for the original delivery.

A customer service rep reached out to me after my complaints and I was assured of receiving a satisfactory transaction. Indeed I did as my relatives LOVED the fruit basket.

Therefore, I will report that Avas Flowers is an upstanding, problem-solving and quality assured business. I am satisfied and will no longer stand by my original complaints as Avas Flowers has since shown me and my family great care and treatment.

mberk1225_32
I liked
Willingness to help a dissatisfied customer
Good customer service
Review #1216197 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Avasflowers - Terrible service

I ordered a fruit basket on 3/19/16 to be delivered on 3/23. On 3/23 at 4pm I was notified that it couldn't be delivered as ordered but woul be delivered next am with substations.

On 3/24 I was notified again at end of day that there would be an additional $15 deliver charge. Again basket would be delivered 3/25.After 7 days and 10-12 hrs of trying to communicate with five different people my brother still hasn't received basket.

After 2 hrs on phone last night alone I was told I would hear from them today at 10:00 which is going on 8 days, still no basket no message from company and it is 4:15. This company doesn't follow what they advertise nor to they correct the problems.

I didn’t like
No offer to discount, Delivery, Flowers never arrived, Not delivered at time promised
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Review #817736 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer817736.

Avasflowers - Fruit was not ripe when received

Some of the fruit in the basket I received was not completely ripe and I had to wait a day or two for it to completely ripen.I found this situation intolerable and unforgivable. They should put fruit in the basket that will be an optimal ripeness when the order is delivered.

When I received this basket I was overcome with desire for a certain type of fruit only to find that it needed some more ripening. Do you know how maddenlingly frustrating that was.I should sue for cruel and unusual punishment.Get your act together and send perfectly ripe fruit.

Problem with delivery
Full refund
Review #637546 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer637546.

Avasflowers - Fruit was not Ripe

Some of the fruit in the basket I received was not completely ripe and I had to wait a day or two for it to completely ripen. I found this situation intolerable and unforgivable.

They should put fruit in the basket that will be an optimal ripeness when the order is delivered. When I received this basket I was overcome with desire for a certain type of fruit only to find that it needed some more ripening. Do you know how maddenlingly frustrating that was.

I should sue for cruel and unusual punishment. Get your act together and send perfectly ripe fruit.

Crystal Lake, Illinois, United States #955255

Awww, poor you.

Bad quality
Full refund
Review #600854 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer600854.

Avasflowers - MY ELDERLY MOM GOT "PUNKED " BY AVA 'S FLOWERS!

SO WHO DELIVERS A $60.00 BIRTHDAY FRUIT BASKET ON THE WRONG DAY? AVA 'S RIPOFF FLORIST IN POWELL, OHIO.

WHO MADE MY MOM 'S BIRTHDAY FRUIT BASKET WITH ONE! OLD APPLE, ONE! ORANGE, AND AN AVOCADO? AVA 'S RIPOFF FLORIST IN POWELL, OHIO!!!!

WHO PUT HOT HOT JALAPENO CHEESE IN MY MOM S BIRTHDAY FRUIT BASKET? AVA 'S RIPOFF FLORIST IN POWELL, OHIO! WHAT A COMPLETE AND UTTER JOKE!! I THOUGHT IT WAS A TRICK SOMEONE WAS PLAYING!!! THE FRUIT WAS SO HARD AND NASTY THAT THE BIRDS COULDN T EVEN PECK THROUGH IT! THERE WAS ONE CANDY BAR AND A LONESOME PIECE OF SLIM JIM. IF I WOULD HAVE KNOWN THIS IS WHAT MY POOR MOTHER WAS GETTING FOR HER BIRTHDAY, I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT A BUSHEL OF APPLES, A CRATE OF ORANGES, A BRICK OF EDIBLE CHEESE, A STICK OF BEEF, AND A 5LB. BAG OF CANDY FOR THE AMOUNT I SPENT ON THIS THING CALLED A FRUIT BASKET. SERIOUSLY, WHO DOES THAT? OH YEAH, AVA 'S RIPOFF FLORIST IN POWELL, OHIO. TOO BAD I DIDN T READ ALL THE REVIEWS FIRST ABOUT THIS PLACE!!! WHATEVER YOU DO, NEVER ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY UNLESS YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A GOOD LAUGH!!!!!

Not as described
Full refund
Review #550549 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer550549.

Avasflowers - AVAS FLOWERS IS A SCAM. WARNING: DO NOT USE THEM

I ordered flowers and a fruit basket from Avas flowers on July 4th to be delivered to my best friends funeral on July 7th. I spend $113.

The pictures looked great and the fruit basket showed approx 10 pcs of fruit, nuts, chocolate and they assured me they would add cheese as I requested. On the one and only viewing day I received a phone call stating that they needed $10 more to fill the order and when I asked why she stated "you want your arrangement to be full don't you?" I asked to speak to the manager and he said that the fruit basket price on line was wrong (although the price is exactly the same to this day). Feeling stuck and left with no choice, I authorized the additional $10. The day of the funeral I was MORTIFIED, the fruit basket was tiny, 4 pcs of fruit and 1 roll of rolos.

The flowers were worse very small, the basket was about 4 inches in diameter and the whole arrangement was approx 6 in x 6 in. WOW. They are truly a rip off.

Please do not use them, you will be disappointed.

Total SCAM!!

Chicago, Illinois, United States #841083

I wish I read this before I used them. I'm still going through the saga. What you see and what you get aren't even close.

Washington, District Of Columbia, United States #839162

They are a scam worst 70 dollars I ever spent

GROTHS01
Capac, Michigan
Loss
Review #508967 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Avasflowers - Failed delivery

I ordered a funeral arrangement four days before the services. I told the woman in the order department that I wanted to spend about $100.00.

after the order, I asked her about the 45% discount and she said she had applied it. The free delivery offer was not applied since the funeral was on a Monday morning and the delivery had to be after 2:00 P.M. to get it free. When I received the email receipt, the amount was $143.00 with no indication there was a discount applied.

I let it go, since the arrangement was for a dear friend in another state, who's services I could not attend. ONE HOUR before the time of her services, I got an email from Ava' Flowers stating they were unable to deliver the arrangement in time for the service. They said they could deliver it later to the home or send a fruit basket! That was not acceptable and I spent the next hour trying to reach them by phone.

After being cut off several times, I finally got to speak with someone in the Philippines or India or (?). He still wanted to send a fruit basket to the home and I said that was not acceptable and that I had paid $143 for an arrangement to be delivered to the funeral home and I wanted my money back. After putting me on hold for some time, he agreed to credit my account and "Thank you for calling Ava's Flowers and have a nice day." They had just ruined my whole day!

I wouldn't recommend this rinky *** outfit to my worst enemy.

smdroel
Avasflowers Fruit Arrangement
Review #498388 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Avasflowers - Funeral Disaster!

A close friend and co-worker's father recently passed away. As a company that works with photography and photo services we decided to help her with her photos and as an extra help each of us donated ten dollars to buy her and her family food, flowers, and any extra would go towards her framing and photo orders she got here at our store. We thought that would be a great idea. Under crunch time we managed to get all of her order done, the restaurant finished all the food we ordered within hours of ordering it and threw in extra. Everything was going well. And than the flowers...

When searching for flowers Avas Flowers popped right up advertising themselves as a family run business. Their site seems to really push that they care about their customers. We should have read the reviews, but again, this was crunch time and we needed them for the next day. We as a group decided on an arrangement on their website. The trouble began as early as this... probably should have been a clue. One of our co-workers called to order and was rudely told she had to order online. Funny, because the online ordering wouldn't except the code advertised for forty dollars off after we spent the time filling everything out. So call again we did! The man we talked to continued to try and sell us something different. My co-worker repeated herself twelve times stating "This is what we've all agreed upon I want what I originally asked for." This was a headache, someone has died and this man is telling us we aren't doing good enough and trying to sell us more expensive flowers when we only have so much with the other things we are doing. Finally we got through to him, told him exactly what we wanted and paid. It was a large surprise to find that an order that was advertised as fifty-four dollars suddenly was ninety dollars with NO price breakdown when we saw the receipt.

Then the arrival. Oh boy this just kept getting better and better. The flowers that we ordered where not what we got. Instead of white peace lilies and yellow daisies with greenery in a basket, we received yellow day lilies and a single unopened, damaged white rose in a plastic bowl with browning greenery. It was also missing a ribbon, the man asked "What color ribbon would you like with that?" at which my co-worker asked "It comes with a ribbon?" and he replied yes. Later, when we called to complain and asked for a price breakdown we would find out that the ribbon DID NOT come with it, but was an extra charge and we didn't even receive it.

We wrote them to complain and then called them. After being being blatantly hung up on twice we finally got to speak to a supervisor who tried to appease us by saying they'd send us a fruit basket. We want a refund. They told us they don't do refunds. We work for an ACTUAL family run business and some of our services involve professionals with four years of college experience and a lot of specialized services, we give refunds. Avas Flowers is a fraud. They scam people out of money and refuse to take responsibility for their unprofessional and negligent business practices. In simpler terms they are full of *** and I'd rather pick up flowers at my grocery store they sure look better than what we paid ninety dollars for from Avas Flowers. 'Customer satisfaction guaranteed' my ***.

Loss
Review #387678 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer387678.

Avasflowers - Unacceptable

I ordered a specific floral arrangement for a memorial service. The flowers were delivered on time, however, they were wilted and pitiful.

Not at all the quality, not at all like the picture from which I ordered, not the same colors and not even the same # of flowers. Mostly just a paltry few wilted things in a huge bunch of greenery. I was terribly embarrassed. Customer service said they were willing to send another arrangement or a fruit basket.

I asked them, "Send it to whom? This was a memorial service. Everyone has gone home." They offered store credit.

Since I am NEVER going to use them again this was unacceptable. They would not discuss a refund so I am unable to obtain any satisfaction.

Loss
Review #322930 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer322930.