Avasflowers - Big Disappointment-Buyer Beware

We specifically ordered 2-white roses last week to be delivered Monday. On Monday at noon I got a text to call them.

I called, they said they were out of white roses and wanted to send Orange Roses instead!!! I asked for the town where their florist was located so I could call other stores in their area and find white roses they could go get. They said they would not do that.

I had to accept what they had even though it was not what I ordered and paid for last week. Buyer Beware.

Problem with delivery
Review #1581335 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1581335.

Avasflowers - Flowers deliverd after Mothers Day and not the right kind!

1.1

My daughter placed an order on Thursday May 9th for delivery on May 10th. When my daughter received her confirmation (lives in China) delivery to the states, I called after she notice the delivery time by 7pm. The flowers were going to an elementary school and school is over at 3:pm. Told the CS rep of the issue and she did what she had to do on her end by contacting the florist and noted the file. Flowers were never received by 3pm. She got an email that they were delivered at 7:42pm. I ran by the school early the next morning and no flowers were sitting outside. Again my daughter contacted AVAS flowers and they stated they would be delivered on Mothers Day. Once again no flowers. Monday the flowers arrive at school not daffodils but 7 Tulips:(

Just spoke with Samyar in NJ. What he could offer now is 10% plus $10.00 on a future purchase. Yeah right! Have to have my daughter call and because the order is in her name where they can go to the back office and find out the cost of goods and possibly get larger refund. Unreal!

I have had a couple of issues with ProFlowers of flowers not lasting 7 days and sent a replacement without any hassle. This Avas really sucks and as I can see there were a lot of other people with similar issues.

Fine print: they can deliver 4 days early or 4 days after the guaranteed date and based on flower demand substitute the kind of arrangement based on inventory. I have no issues with Amazon returning or getting a full refund with a product not as listed. Next time I'll go to Sam's or Publix and grab an old vase a balloon and delivery it my self, much cheaper:)

They aren't a real florist. Chances are better than 90 percent Avas couldn't get a real florist to accept the order because they didn't send but about half of what you paid them.

Once they found a florist that would accept the order they were informed that daffodils are already out of season so they made the substitute of tulips. Avas is a sending only call center and one of the worst. They have two locations in the states. One in NY and one in NJ.

I've never spoken to an Avas representative that spoke clear English.

We deal with them daily over our wire services. They are awful.

Tags
  • Avas Flowers Ruined Mother s Day
Pros
Extremely discontent
Problem with delivery
Full refund
Review #1535279 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1535279.

Avasflowers - Didnt get what I paid for

I recently ordered a what was supposed to be the top of the line pink and white standing sympathy basket for my sister in law's brother's funeral. I was embarrassed when I came to the viewing to see an unattractive off season arrangement of fall colored flowers not in a standing basket.

It seemed puny and definitely not at all what was pictured on line They offered me $10 off my next order. What next order? I mistakenly took them to be a local Charleston South Carolina flower delivery service because of their deceptive advertising as being on of "Charleston's Best", but after further review because of this negative experience find they are located in New Jersey! I guess that explains it!

Theyhave no interest in being locally accountable because they are just a faceless national internet rip off organization that can exist without repeat business for a time.

Then when they get enough bad review, they can change their name and start over. Shame Shame Shame

Avasflowers Flower Basket
Cons
Misleading
Full refund
Review #1019673 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Avasflowers - Flower Basket Review

Fabulous! Easy online ordering.

Immediately get order confirmation and delivery notification.

Daughter loved her beautiful garden basket. Thank you for awesome service and helping me make my daughters birthday a beautiful day.

MagicalOctopus742

Mother’s Day is approaching! Let Sendflower.pk make it easier for you to get that perfect gift to brighten Mother's Day!!! Send Mother's Day Flower to Lahore

Good quality
Review #1001385 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1001385.

Avasflowers - Worst Floral Company Ever

The day after my nephew passed, my wife called Avas to have an arrangement sent to the funeral home. She specifically ordered FALL colors, An orange sach and then paid EXTRA for them to be in a wicker basket with Handle so that my sister can take them home with her.

We were also informed that they would be delivered to the funeral home by 4pm because the viewing started at 5. 1st) they didn't get there until 6:30, while a 150 people were standing around. 2) They WEREN'T fall colors, they were bright pinks and greens. 3) They weren't in a basket, they were placed in some *** looking white plastic container that is normally used to sit on a grave, but definitely NOT to be used to take home.

When we called AVAS flowers about this, we were told they had to email the floral designer 1st to find out what happened. I told them I don't care what excuse the floral designer says, that I wanted my money back because what was delivered was NOT what we ordered. In a NUT Shell, after 5 days of fighting with them on the phone, I was told by a supervisor, TOUGH *** That there's a small wording on the invoice that says it's the Floral designer discretion to substitute flowers based upon what they have available. That's *** It's FALL, NOT SPRING, Why in the world would a (Professional Designer) send SPRING flowers to a FALL FUNERAL.

What was sent was more along the lines of flowers being sent to a wedding. When I demanded my money back, I was told that since it's their discretion to use what is available, and that they were delivered, they would be happy to issue me a full in store credit to be used whenever I wanted to. Once i told them I would NEVER use their services again, they then denied me a full refund. I was only issued a 50% refund, based upon that they made an arrangement and delivered the wrong flowers.

I'm submitting 2 photos. 1 is a funeral arrangement for a member of my wifes family that also passed away 1 week AFTER my nephews funeral, with flowers designed with FALL colors and a funeral, and am submitting my nephews flowers. For my wifes family member, we paid HALF of what we paid for Avas flowers, and got exactly what we wanted.

If anyone ever decides to order flowers, run as fast as you can from this company.

Because even when they totally screw up your order and even deliver the WRONG thing, they are going to make their money, one way or another. This company sucks.

Chelsea, Alabama, United States #1241525

Ava's sends a real florist an order based on arrangements on their website. The problem is that the site is overseas and most times will not open.

There is no way to see what they sold you. Like many others out there, Avas is a sending only call center with hubs in NY and NJ. The typically use either the FTD Mercury or 1800flowers Bloomnet services to wire orders to real florists across the country. Most real florists will not deal with these call centers, but of those that do, they try to send something nice based on what description they get from the order.

If they are unable to see a photo they cannot duplicate it.

Like all of these sending only call centers, they overcharge you and only send the florist a fraction of that money. Some even advertise as local florist in your yellow pages, on funeral home websites and social media like Facebook. A hint to help you: if you get a message that says "thanks for calling your local florist", odds are you didn't.

Unless a florist is doing a mega business, they won't have a call center. Here is a list of a few others.

FTD, Teleflora, 1800flowers, Just Flowers, From You Flowers, The Sympathy Store, Blooms Today, Ranch Florist and more.

Hope this helps.

Portsmouth, Ohio
Avasflowers Flower Basket
Pros
Extremely discontent
Cons
Flowers or customer service or accountability
Reason of review
They delivered flowers which were NOT what we ordered and then would NOT refund full amount.
Full refund
Review #933852 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer933852.

Avasflowers - Truly taken ad

I was never so disappointed in my life to be taken advantage of at a time when my Aunt died recently at the end of August, 2016. The only way Avas Flowers staff would answer the phone with a live person is if you had an order for them.

I left many calls & many e-mails...none of which were answered for a callback or n e-mail for over a month now. I finally put in a dispute with my bank & oh guess what...they sent an e-mail because they were advised that I filed a dispute & now claim they did not get the 10 e-mails, phone calls or pictures of the very sad bouquet they called an "arrangement". I filed a dispute becuse of MANY reasons... they did NOT deliver the picture of flowers in a basket for 105.00 - it looked like a puny 20.00 arrangement...it was supposed to be put on a pedestal...it was thrown on the floor, they charged me 9.00 for a quick upsale to be sure it was there in time for the service by 11 a.m.

- they missed the service & delivered it by 4...a beautiful white satin ribbon was upsold, too...never delivered & it was supposed to be on a 6 ft. pedestal...no stand or pedestal. It was an embarassment to me & to my family & they are not willing to do anything for 148.00!

NEVER buy from this company that - only by the grace of God has claimed to be in business for over 30 years. A full investigation needs to be done on this business...shame on them for taking advantage of people in their time of NEED!

Provo, Utah
Not as described/ advertised
Review #929930 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer929930.

Avasflowers - Worst Flower Company On the Interent

2.7

I have had difficulties with this company and ordering flowers from the beginning. Here are all of the conversations that have taken place from 2/11/16 until 2/15/16.

Hi there Sherri,

You recently placed an order for Maggie Magdalena to be delivered on 02/11/2016. We take customer experience very seriously and want to ensure that you receive the best service we can provide. We would love to hear about your experience, so we've created a personalized feedback page just for you! Visit your personalized feedback page by clicking the link below to submit your comment.

Please take the time to tell us about your experience by clicking the following link:

We truly appreciate your time and thank you for your business.

Avas Flowers

www.AvasFlowers.Com

877-638-3303

My response;

To Whom It May Concern;

This has been the "WORST" experience I have ever had trying to order a beautiful bouquet of flowers. I originally called simply to ask a question, which was do your flowers arrangements already come already arranged in the vase or do you have to arrange them yourself? I had found several online companies that did that by sending the vase and flowers separate in the same box. When I called the representative at that moment was very helpful explaining to me which ones come in a vase. I had one picked out that I was looking at but hadn't actually had my mind set after finding out his explanation. Before I knew it he was asking me all of my information asked me to type in something that created a pin online, asked me which arrangement I wanted, got my credit card information, asked me if I wanted a ribbon and what color and then told me the price of 98.00 plus change. I said take the ribbon off which came to the 93.94. I commenced to ask how much two or three different times as I was still in shock. He began talking extremely fast as I started question him about the price. He started rambling about how much money he was saving me. After realizing what had just happened, I "IMMEDIATELY" called back twice trying to just cancel the order. Both times I got the automated system which asked me to pick a time for the next day, at that point I knew I wouldn't be able to get this resolved and felt now I had been scammed. I had several employees and Asst. Managers donate to the Asst. these flowers were going to so I figured I would just suck it up and deal with it. Once I saw the flowers when they arrived and everyone else had, for the look and the price everyone was in a FURY!!! Here is this little bunched up bouquet of flowers that in your statement you say, may vary a little bit will get as close as possible but will still have "The same look and feel" That is a joke! Not even close!! I then immediately called the florist who delivered them, who in turn asked me why I was calling them instead of you. I informed them I wanted all the facts and I had full intentions!!! She read the flowers off to me, in which they were all there and then she read the "Roundy Moundy" that she informed me they don't even do anymore but that is what was on the order. So here I got a bunch of flowers that look like they had been tied together, the stems cut off short, and looked squashed in this little pink vase. Instead of a big beautiful round bouquet as shown in your picture above, I got what I call a squatty body. I have pictures of what your photo looks like and what was received. I would love nothing more than to send them to you, so that you could see the "HUGE DIFFERENCE" why I have been so persistent in resolving this disappointment. I would have liked to have sent the flowers back but the Asst. had already seen them prior to me giving them to her so there wasn't much I could do at that point.

I then tried calling after seeing the flowers again and again getting the recording to set up a time to call for the next day. I chose 10:00 am to 10:30 and the call came at 9:00 so here I was late for work. What was the point of making arrangements for a call back time? I spoke with a representative named Orby. I first asked him for an invoice since I had not received one which he sent while I was on the phone. I then began telling him a portion of what happened and he said "I can credit your account $10.00", when I continued telling him about the first rep and how I felt that I had been railroaded he bumped it up to $20.00. He stated “Well we know you got your invoice so I will be sending you an email confirming the $20.00 credit.” Never happened!!

As a Customer Service Manager myself I know the meaning of customer service as I deal with it daily. He informed me that the first person I dealt with would be attended too. I told him I appreciated his offer while he continuously was telling me, “But on your next order this can save you this much money, Mother’s Day is coming up Father’s Day, or maybe as sympathy flowers.” I really am trying to keep my composure even as I write this thinking about the whole incidence. We ended by him saying “I am going to go ahead and credit your account that is 24.25 and it never expires.” I don’t even know where the 4.25 came from, but I gave him what he wanted which was for me to accept his offer since he stated that we were being recorded. I said “Fine but I will NOT be using your services again!!” I will be writing Consumer Affairs to let other consumers know that your customer satisfaction is not 100% guaranteed with the happiness of your so called arrangements.

What I got wasn't a beautiful array of flowers as shown in the picture but a bunch of flowers too small for the vase, to short, and all mushed together.

I will be the first to tell you I am not looking for a "Freebie" We all went in together for an Asst. who had just had a heart attack recently, lost on of her best friends and father-n-law all in a week’s time. We wanted something as beautiful as she is, inside and out, to bring a smile to her face. She might have given us the smile at the thought of what we did for her, but that's only because she doesn't know any of this, and what type of expectation of bouquet we thought we were getting, and how disgruntled we are at what we actually received.

That is the best way I can explain it.

How you can do better is by informing your representatives to answer the questions the consumers ask and then say politely "Would you like to go ahead and place your order with us now? Or "Were you ready to go ahead and place your order?" “Is there anything specific I can help you with or that you are looking for?”

Don’t be “pushy” when you already have an upset or mad customer, the customer service is to deescalate not escalate the situation. Make recommendations and if it can’t be handled by customer service, then it should have gone higher up.

More and more people shop on the internet these days and just because they are unsure of something and calling looking for answers prior to ordering doesn't always mean they want to order right then, or mean they need to be taken advantage of in a sneaky sort of way. That is just not good business, which is how your company has portrayed itself to me.

Would I recommend your company for doing the right thing? Absolutely NOT!! Would I tell this same story to Consumer Affairs to raise public awareness and to be careful? Most Definitely!!

What is the best or worst recommendation???

WORD OF MOUTH!!

Sherri Robertson

We received your inquiry regarding your delivery. We apologize if there was a problem with the quality or design of the arrangement. We strive to provide only the freshest flowers and would like to help resolve this issue. If possible, please send us a picture of the arrangement that was received by your recipient. Once we receive your photo we will review it and contact you with a resolution. Please include your order # 2916140 in the subject line. Thank You in advance.

Avas Flowers

www.AvasFlowers.com

877-638-3303

My response;

To Whom It May Concern;

I received your email this afternoon requesting the pictures of the bouquet that was delivered. The first picture will be that of your photo of what I at least semi expected the bouquet to look like. The second picture and third were taken as soon as the flowers arrived. The fourth and fifth pictures were taken after we added more items to compensate for the poorly executed display of flowers that was sent.

I don't want credit towards the account as this involved many different people in the company contributing. I don't want a refund of what the flowers cost. What I would like is an arrangement sent that is a full and beautiful looking bouquet that I can be proud for my Asst. to see with the "WOW" factor which is what your first picture looked like.The arrangement doesn't even have to be the same one, but something your company would be proud to send, and I would be proud saying I ordered from your company, and could recommend.

This has been a long process trying to get customer satisfaction and a simple resolution that hasn't been simple at all. If I just could have gotten a hold of a LIVE representative when I immediately tried to call back versus an automated system that kept hanging up, or trying to get me to make a call arrangement for the next day, or even a cancellation button with 15-30 minutes of placing an order. Then you could have sent an email asking why. But none of those options were available. Not even to modify the order so thanks to your representative much to my disappointment here I am having to plead my case, which is exactly how I feel right now.

Thank you for your attention to this matter and your quick responses.

Sherri Robertson

We regret that you were unhappy with the receipt of your order. After reviewing your beautiful photo, and reviewing the recipe of this particular arrangement all flowers are represented accordingly. Therefore, your order has been approved and meets the Product Description as well as our Substitution Policies. I have attached a copy of Our Substitution Policy for your viewing.

**Item pictured is a depiction of an arrangement that we will make as similar as possible with the same look and feel**

Enjoy your day.

Carmen Ramirez

My Final Response;

Ms. Ramirez,

I am disappointed at the outcome of this decision. I never said all of the flowers weren't present, but in comparison to the arrangement that your picture depicts of what I ordered I do not feel that it had the same look and feel. As I have said in my previous emails I will continue my process of filing a complaint through Consumer Affairs allowing other consumers to know how this out come turned out, which will allow consumers to know that you do not stand behind your 100% satisfaction guarantee.

I also did not receive an attached copy of your Substitution Policy as you mentioned.

Have a great day

Avasflowers Flower Basket
Cons
Depiction of photo versus actual arrangement received
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered
Review #790536 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Avasflowers - Bad experience

Ordered flower/plant basket for Valentine's Day 2016. Delivery was at a school and I requested delivery to be made before 2:00pm.

Delivery was made at 4:01pm and I received confirmation email of same. The only way the recipient received to basket was because she had worked late and otherwise had been gone for the day when the flowers arrived. In addition the card was incomplete from what I had requested and did not even have a signature. She did not even know who it came from.

My call to customer service only received recitation of a scripted "I'm sorry" note of which I could barely hear because of the overbearing loud background noise. Anyone thinking of doing business with this company should reconsider. I would like to add that the product received was as advertised.

Thank you.

Mansfield, Texas
Avasflowers Flower Basket
Cons
Lied to about delivery
Order processing issue
Preferred solution
I suggest another delivery of same value to a charity of my recipient's choice. Thank you.
Review #788903 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer788903.

Avasflowers - Flower Basket Review from Hoffman Estates, Illinois

Worst flower shop ever. I did an online order with the image of the flower I wanted to send.

The flowers I ordered looked nothing like the flower she had received. I also ordered 2 balloons to say happy birthday. They only sent out 1 ballon an it read "just because your you". They have false advertising and so unprofessional.

Costumer service was so rude and offered 20 doller of my next purchase but didn't want to resend the flower I intently wanted and didn't even have an excuse for the balloons? I paid 107 for flower that you can get at regular grocery store!

( an probably better looking from store then the sloppiness they sent out).

Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Not as described/ advertised
Review #785321 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer785321.
Featured

Avasflowers - Do not trust this company

Horrible experience. The flowers we ordered were NOTHING like what was delivered.

We ordered an $85.00 wicker basket of colorful flowers (purple, yellow, green, and lavender). The flowers delivered were maybe worth $40 and were white, pink and red. None of the flowers in the description were included in the delivered flowers. Instead of a wicker basket they were in a cheap white plastic vase that looked horrible.

I filed a complaint and submitted pictures. It didn't take long before they said there was something wrong with the order and they would talk to the designer. Monday morning I get an email saying to call about the complaint. I call and get someone with loud hip hop/rap music playing in the background and it sounded like a party was going on.

He was not professional at all. He put me on hold several times, and then tells me that they will give me a $10 refund and a $20 store credit. I told him that was unacceptable, that I would never do business with them again. I asked to talk to a manager, and was told there wasn't one there.

He told me I could call later. He then asked me to hold for a survey, and then they hung up on me. I called back, and got a girl in an obviously very busy call center. She was even ruder.

She kept saying we approved the change. We approved one flower to be switched because they were out of it and the funeral was being held that day. She was almost yelling at me in the call. She finally got someone to agree to a $15 refund.

Then I was asked to hold for a survey, and again they hung up. One hour later, I received a call from my bank about fraud on the credit card I used for this transaction.

I have no proof that it's related, but it is very suspicious to me. About 20 charges were done on my credit card for several hundred dollars in a couple of hours right after this event happened.

Fort Worth, Texas
Order processing issue
Review #781986 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer781986.