1.4

Avasflowers - SCAM RIP OFF HORRIBLE SERVICE STAY AWAY!

I am furious about how my order is being handled and how I was treated when I called Avas Flowers customer service number.

Immediately after ordering I received an email stating that the product I ordered was no longer available and that the delivery of the product was pushed back 2 days. While the product substitution is fine, the delivery date is a problem as no one will be at the home on the new delivery date.

I called customer service to cancel the order and was told that they could not cancel it at the call center because it had already been sent out to the florist. The rep said he would transfer me to the florist to see what they could do. After waiting on hold a few minutes, someone named Edgar answered the phone and told me the order could not be cancelled due to the terms of service stating that a delivery could be shifted to the next day. I explained that the delivery was pushed 2 days out, not one day out.

Edgar said that was not correct and the arrangement would be delivered tomorrow May 11 and said he could send out a new email. I explained that I really would like to speak directly to the florist handling the order to confirm the delivery date. He said he was the manager and he was the one the florist would deal with anyway regarding the order so I just needed to talk to him. I told him that I was really uncomfortable with how I was being treated and how this problem was being handled and I wanted to speak directly to the florist to confirm the delivery date.

He again stated that he made the decisions about the orders and it would do no good to talk to the florist. He said if I had to cancel, I'd have to pay an $18.95 cancellation fee. I insisted again to speak with the florist directly and he said he would transfer me. Instead of transferring me, he sent me to a phone survey which I completed and then the call was disconnected.

I am filing a dispute with my credit card company and I will make it my mission today to leave reviews about this horrible experience everywhere online that I can find.

This is the worst customer service experience ever. Stay away from this place!

Read

Have your bank or credit card company to reverse the charges. I was credited within a week.Explain everything in detail.

Provide invoice if available.Photos are helpful as well. Good luck!

Avas is a call center with two locations. One in NY and one in NJ.

They wire orders out to real florists where you need them delivered.

They send the florist about half what you paid and most real florists won't deal with call centers. Your delay in delivery means they couldn't find a florist who would keep the order and on holidays florists turn off their wire services once they reach delivery capacity so they can also service their walk in customer base.

@Anonymous

I wish I had researched this more carefully before placing the order. I thought I was dealing with a local florist, not a call center up north.

The delivery is to a very rural area and I was specifically searching for a florist in that area and this link came up. I should have checked it out before ordering.

Lesson learned. Thanks for the info!

@Anonymous

They advertise as local just like other call centers. To help you avoid another call center, scroll down the search page until you see local numbers and addresses.

Those will be your local florists. Call centers advertise all over the net including funeral home websites and even on this site. Real florists can't afford to do that.

I've been in the floral business for thirty years and receive orders from call centers daily. We keep the orders we can and once we refuse to accept orders instead of taking no for an answer they call on the phone all day.

View more comments
DelicateKangaroo
I didn’t like
Customer service, Level of disrespect, Too much of a hassle to fix problems, False advertising
Full refund
Review #1252538 is a subjective opinion of poster.
1.3

Avasflowers - Cancelled within 42 minutes

When my receipt arrived via email it was simply my order# , nothing of detail. I ask for detail of my order and I get ONLY a photo.

I cancelled my order in less tan 36 minutes and the delivery date was 3 days away. I get a telephone call from their office and explain my problem and all that was repeated back to me was their cancellation policy for 'flex days'. It is not in CANCELLATIONS, it is in HOLIDAY FLORAL DELIVERY, which should read HOLIDAY FLORAL DELIVERY, DELAYS AND CANCELLATIONS.

WARNING! Read their HOLIDAY FLORAL DELIVERY.

There is stuff in there that is NOT in their 'CANCELLATIONS'.

There is more about in my opinion, sloppy business practices, so read their CUSTOMER SERVICE POLICIES before you order. Do a search, read reviews and see photos from other customers.

Full refund
Review #1252504 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1252504.

Avasflowers - Flowers never arrived

I ordered flowers to be delivered to my sister on April 30th. They never arrived.

Around 7pm I called and was told they had been delivered. After arguing with customer service they checked and said sometimes the driver marks them as delivered when he loads up and they should be there by 8pm. They didn't arrive. The next day I called and was put on hold 9 minutes just to be cut off.

I called again and again was told they had been delivered.

After 15 minutes on this call I demanded a refund. I haven't seen it yet, maybe it's with the non existent flowers.

CleanSwallow
Problem with delivery
Review #1247447 is a subjective opinion of poster.
2.0

Avasflowers - I ordered Get Well flowers for my Great Aunt who is very sick and may not survive this illness

My first order said the flowers were delivered on Thursday April 26th. I never heard from my Aunt or Cousin.

On Friday early afternoon I called and they did not get the flowers. I called Avas and was told Florida never got the order. I requested she got an upgrade to her order. I thought it was an upgrade of the flowers I ordered.

Later I found out it was not. I was told by the guy who I called the order would be delivered on the 30th. I called and no flowers. Avas said due to the larger order it would take longer.

I was not sure why. I checked the next day and found out the flowers came from NY and from UPS. Hummm. A family owned business that ships out of NY???

The person on the phone said they did not know what time their delivery guy started deliveries. He never said it was UPS from NY. I am not happy it was the wrong flowers and I am not happy it was not a local florist. I feel I was not treated fairly.

I was just glad my sick Aunt got the flowers before she passed away or ended up in the nursing home.

I am also glad these were not flowers for a funeral. Good luck with your future services.

BigWren
153 Main St, Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724, USA
Origional value, Web photos, Ordering process
I didn’t like
Product deliver, Options for non delivery, Late delivery, Product, Thought it was a local site
Full refund
Review #1246068 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Avasflowers - NOT DELIVERED - BAD

I received a text message that order was delivered. I called the support phone line and went through the cycle and got a confirmation message that order was delivered.

I received an email that order was delivered at 4:20 PM. As of 7:11 PM the order was NOT delivered. I called and finally got in touch with an actual representative that tried to reach the local delivery person and was unable to reach them or confirm the delivery - despite the text, email, and phone messages that it was delivered. The flowers were to be a surprise, but since I called after I had three forms of confirmation that the flowers had been delivered when in fact they HAD NOT, the surprise was ruined.

Still have NOT been delivered as of 7:13 PM - so DO NOT USE AVAS FLOWERS. They charge $18 for every order to ensure proper delivery and handling - but obviously they do NOT, so just an $18 mark-up for no service or proper delivery and multiple inaccurate messages regarding delivery.

ElasticFoxTerrier
Full refund
Review #1241166 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Avasflowers - They suck

Don’t use them! They do not have same-day service they don’t even have service I ordered three days in advance for a birthday delivery found out the day before the birthday they couldn’t deliver it they gave me a $10 credit said they would deliver the next day the next day it didn’t deliver it get delivered and then by that time it was Saturday and my daughter wasn’t working they checked on it so we can’t deliver it today I said I don’t want it delivered I want a refund they have no idea what the *** they’re doing

Problem with delivery
Review #1228664 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1228664.

Avasflowers - Never trust this company. They lie!!!

On line they say “same day delivery”. I call .

Confirm that they have an Easter lily that can be delivered that day. “ Yes, yes of course we can.” “Yes, we have them in stock”. They send me an email 2 and 1/2 hours later saying they didn’t have Easter lilies but they could substitute a peace lily, if I could call. I call and negotiated for a cut flower arrangement that could be delivered that day.

thinking all was well, I went abut my day, only to find that they had emailed me an hour after the second phone .

Their time they tell me, that the delivery will not be made for 2 days! *** will freeze over before I use this company again.

Read

You should have checked this website prior to purchase ; the subject company receives very little but terrible reviews similar to yours... I see 16 complaints at the bottom of this page alone.

EatableRay
I liked
There offer for same day delivery
I didn’t like
Non-delivery of product ordered and no refund given, Deceptive not local actually a call center, Worst service ever and dishonest in my opinion
Reason of review
The deceit of the customer service followed by emails that basically ignore what I asked to have done
Preferred solution
This is delivered on Monday morning and in addition I get $50 returned for the inconvenience and trouble involved in resolving . Also, I want a picture of what was actually delivered.
Review #1218903 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Avasflowers - FAILED TO DELIVER FLOWERS TO FUNERAL

THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM! STAY AWAY

On a TUESDAY I wanted to place an online order for funeral flowers for FRIDAY. I googled local florists, and Avas came us as local in Annapolis (turns out they are not)

The online form wasn't working, so I was forced to call in the order. The man who helped me asked me WHAT Time is the funeral. I said 3:30. Deliver by 2pm. Guests arrive between 2:30 and 3 for a 3:30 funeral.

ON the day of the funeral I received an email confirming delivery ACTUAL DELIVERY DATE: 3/23 ACTUAL DELIVERY TIME: 4:33 PM. ARE YOU KIDDING? AFTER THE FUNERAL IS OVER????? This is NOT acceptable.

What's worse? when I contacted the grieving family, they said NO FLOWERS were received. They are crooks and liars.

When I called to inquire, they stated that the flowers arrived a little after 3:10 (STILL NOT ACCEPTABLE), and that the email was wrong. (WHAT?). They refused to provide evidence of that, and refused to let me speak to a manager.

Then I emailed, and spefically explained that I already called and spoke to Elisa,(probably overseas) and WAS NOT HELPED, when I asked for a manager, she said they were all busy. I said I would wait. She said I could not. I asked to be put on hold and wait. So she did and then came back and said "nobody is available" I'll take your number and the manager will call you back.

And you guessed it, nobody EVER called me back.

When I emailed I asked to speak to a manager/supervisor and got an email back saying," How are you. I see one of our employees helped you already!" THEY ARE PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE and unwilling to help.

There is no customer service.

This business is a scam and should be shut down. They ripped me off for $92 and what's worse, my sentiments of sympathy didn't get expressed at a difficult time. Stay away!

QuickCat
I didn’t like
Service, No flowers delivered after i paid for them, Worst customer service, Entire experience
Full refund
Review #1218033 is a subjective opinion of poster.
2.3

Avasflowers - Terrible experience!

Placed an order for a birthday arrangement that was to be delivered the following day, a Monday. The arrangement was never delivered.

I emailed to complain and received an apology and a response assuring me it would be delivered on Tuesday. The arrangement was not delivered on Tuesday either. Around 6:50pm I received a voicemail saying the arrangement couldn't be delivered because the local florist said it was placed after their cut-off for the day! What?!?

I placed the order on Sunday and Ava's Flowers clearly "dropped the ball". Finally on Wednesday after several emails and phone conversations with Ava's the local florist delivered an arrangement that was not remotely close to what I had ordered. Ava's again apologized and refunded 10% (4.26) and gave me a store credit of 10.00. I explained that I would NEVER use Ava's again and didn't want a store credit, but they didn't care about that.

They assured me the local florist would make things right and would re-deliver the arrangement I ordered because they couldn't substitute without notifying the customer. Three days later and the local florist never called and never re-delivered. My sister finally called them and the apologized and explained that Ava's had not contacted them.

They re-delivered the correct arrangement. Moral of this dilemma - never ever order from Ava's again!

Ease of their website
Missed delivery date, Inacurate order
Order processing issue
Review #1214175 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1214175.

Avasflowers - TERRIBLE

I Ordered flowers March 18, 2018 and of course they were not delivered the day I asked for them to be delivered I placed the order the day before and they were not delivered until three days later Costumer service is a joke they are no help and cannot fix anything. I sat on the phone for 15 minutes just to speak to a customer service rep who was rude and did nothing of course I Asked for a refund and they said they would have to contact their designer They also said they would credit me 10 dollars and that never happened DO NOT USE AVAS FLOWERS THIS PLACE IS A JOKE DO NOT USE THEM.

Read

The same thing happened to me! Ordered 3/18 and wasn't delivered until 3/19 even though I paid for same-day delivery! And the customer service rep was totally rude and didn't care.

Problem with delivery
Review #1213902 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1213902.