Avasflowers - The big bait and switch

I ordered a candy cane arrangement with roses. Next day get an email saying they are switching to tulips.

I write back I dont want tulips. They send another email to contact them .

I do They cant to anything. DONT ORDER FROM THEM-THEY ARE DISHONEST!!!!!

Poor customer service
Review #1152666 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1152666.
1.9

Avasflowers - Worst experience ever

This is what i ordered suppose to be there Fri however couldnt till Sat then got email stated couldnt get out Sat called customer service they apologized that several stores didn't have a designer for that arrangement thats why they couldn't get them out the 16th however they would call and apologize to my mother for the delay and make sure they would be delivered the next day the 17th by UPS however nothing till today by the store in her town....they never called her. Offered $10 credit off my next order.

I told them what would make me order with them again? Customer service wont take my call I did not order tulips

Poor customer service
Review #1151023 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1151023.

Avasflowers - Bad service

They never delivered the flowers I ordered and have not refunded my money either. Do NOT buy from Ava’s flowers!

Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Review #1141380 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1141380.

Avasflowers - Horrible customer service

August 2017. I ordered a single arrangement to the family of a coworker's mom in another state.

They sent and charged for two identical arrangements and refused to adjust the bill to our credit card. I did not realize two arrangements were sent until the credit card bill was received. Conversations with them were 1) difficult to make the representative understand with language/cultural barriers, 2) patronizing and insulting, and 3) demonstrative of the fact they care nothing about taking care of current and/or future customers.

This was the most unsatisfactory customer service I have seen in a very long time, and that's saying a lot. Flippant and unyielding.

Order processing issue
Full refund
Review #1127064 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1127064.

Avasflowers - Awful company, do not use

We spent $100 on flowers for my cousins wedding and they sent them to her without any card or name and she had no idea who they were from. When I complained I was offered $7 refund when I stated this was ridiculous they continued to read my messages but not respond and ignore the issue completely. Unbelievably unprofessional.

Poor customer service
Review #1126282 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1126282.

Avasflowers - Poor Customer Service

Customer service stinks. Memorial service being held on Sunday 9/3.

Placed order on Wed 8/30 to be delivered on Sat 9/2. Traced on Avas website Sat evening, 9/2, and it said it was to be rescheduled. Called Saturday evening, Sunday, and Monday and talked to 3 different customer service people in some off shore call center. Got same canned speech each time, with bottom line being they could not get in touch with the delivering florist.

Finally today, after a 15 min wait was told they did in fact deliver on Sat 9/2.

Good news, they delivered. Bad news, customer service useless.

Poor customer service
Review #1096724 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1096724.

Avasflowers - Totally Wrong!

First, the description represented on the order is not at all close to what I requested. I specially asked for NO FLOWERS and wanted living plants.

The deceased and I are both allergic to several flowers and I wanted his family to be able to have a plant to enjoy for a long time. Thats why I specifically asked for living plants such as peace lilies, pothos or philodendron. The order states "arrangement of assorted flowers in creme and white colors including filler flowers and greenery. When I spoke with an Avas representative, she told me they had a voice recording of my order placed on the phone.

Please ask them for this so you can listen to what I ordered. Second, I asked for a ribbon with musical notes and a pot representing a guitar or other musical type. I tried 3 different vendors in search of this. The Avas representative said they had these.

Thats why I chose their company. None of those things are represented on the order. The deceased and I shared a love for guitars and music and this was to be a special gift for his family from us. Third, the message card was supposed to read, Were going to miss the music and the memories.

Avas got 1/2 of that right. Fourth, our name was misspelled on the card attached to the flowers. Fifth, the name of the deceased was also misspelled. It is Don BUHLKE - not Bokle.

This was a huge embarrassment to us. I understand Avas has a Substitution Policy, but cut flowers vs. living plants is not a reasonable substitution. Avas policy states minor substitutions may be made and their substitutions may vary, but a great effort will be made to keep the same look and feel of the arrangement, using flowers and products of greater or equal value.

Their Substitution Policy also states plants may be substituted with another type of blooming plant. They substituted cut flowers for the blooming plants I ordered.

In addition to all of those things, our billing name & address are wrong and the address of the delivery is wrong. If they couldn't get those simple things right, why would anyone believe them when they say they got the order right?

bccdavid
I didn’t like
Implied they were the local florist in the area, Unreliable and irresponsible, Condescending and rude, Lie about price and delivery, Could not find my order
Preferred solution
I tried to get a refund. They wouldn't. I disputed with my credit card issuer. They agreed and refunded me 100%
Review #1085581 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Avasflowers - Never buy from these crooks.

One of the worst experiences in flower deliver. Paid extra for early delivery by 1pm local time and it arrived hours later.

Contacted customer service and they are rude, unwilling to help, and did not reverse my expedited shipping fee. They are a bunch of crooks and the people running it are a bunch of dishonest thieves. You have been warned. Contacted my credit card company, they didn't reverse the transaction since avas flowers claimed it was delivered under their flex delivery policy.

Needless to say, I'm cancelling my credit card as well.

Never will I do business with these crooks again. Never.

Problem with delivery
Review #1035293 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1035293.

Avasflowers - Total rip off. Dishonest. Unacceptable Customer service

DO NOT USE THIS PLACE! RIP OFF!

First, Avas Flowers MASQUERADES as a local flower shop. THEY ARE​ NOT. Only a broker that takes a portion of what you think you are spending on flowers. Rep LIED when I asked if they were located in my city.

Customer service had bad attitude and leaves call on hold forever. Needed flowers for an Orthodox funeral, an immediate situation. Carefully explained it was for this situation. Spent (wasted) almost 25 minutes providing specific details, name of church, address for delivery, name of deceased, required time of delivery...

Had to spell out each item and correct the information that was read back several times. I explained how important it was for this to happen without a problem. Rep said 'I promise everything will be done right.' 15 min later, rep called saying they could not find a florist open that still had a driver available! What happened to 'We are a local florist?

I said then to find a florist that could prepare the arrangement ordered and I will send a taxi to pick it up and deliver. Fine, I'm already providing service that was promised. Rep called back and gave me name and address of a LOCAL florist. I should have known better by now but went ahead to schedule pick up.

Next, couldn't find a taxi service to accept the job so I had to go to florist and pick up myself. When I got to the florist, they hadn't started saying that the order was for delivery by 7 pm the NEXT DAY! And had the name of the deceased as deliver to, had the address wrong, and didn't even have the name of the church listed. Florist said that she always has problems with order that they get from Avas.

Person reading the order out tells the florist that it is an $80 arrangement. I told them I paid for a premium arrangement at $100. She said that Avas charges 20% so I only get $80 worth of flowers. Immediately called Avas to explain how badly they had handled the entire order.

Very bad attitude and lots of sighs from customer service rep. Needed my order number but it was never provided and I never got the email confirmation that was promised. On hold for longer than it took florist to finish arrangement. Finally got.to church for service.

After call time of 45 minutes, hung up. Called the next day, explained what happened and demanded refund of their fees. Same issues with on hold/ignore.

After more than an hour, finally got refund. This place is TOTALLY UNSATISFACTORY.

Thompson, Connecticut, United States #1311429

Do not do business with this company. They are not local!

Their advertised prices do not match the picture of what you are receiving! The bill was close to 90.00 for 3 roses and 4 carnations with a little fill in of greenery.

They did not disclose this when I ordered it. I saw it when they sent me a receipt after it was delivered.

I didn’t like
Worst floral service ever, Long hold times on three calls to get delivery info, Customer service when trying to get refund
Order processing issue
Loss
Review #1028847 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1028847.

Avasflowers - Buyer Beware - Avas Flowers is a Disreputable Operation!

A friend's mother passed away & we attempted to order a basket of plants, but wouldn't go thru so I called them. They then sent two orders instead of one and billed us twice.

When I repeatedly called them, they kept telling me there was only one order. Finally, I got someone in their corporate customer service that found the original plus the duplicate order & he assured me that he'd take care of it, but he didn't! Now, they tell me there's nothing they can do and I'm out nearly an extra $90 for something that I did not do!

Save yourself a lot of grief and find a different place to order your flowers. Avas Flowers cannot be trusted: not to get your order right; not to make things right; and not to treat customers right!

Full refund
Review #1025536 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1025536.