Avasflowers - They expected me to have a current address

I wanted to send a nice arrangement of flowers to an old friend who I fell out of touch with.The address I had was from when I last got in touch with him, I guess that was over 30 years ago.

I gave them that address.

A day later I received a phone call from the company saying that they needed an alternate address because the person no longer lived at the address I gave them.I told them that it was their job to figure where he lived now and get the flowers to him.

WistfulCommonLoon386
Full refund
Review #1559453 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Avasflowers - Do not buy from Avas

I ordered a floral arrangement for a sick friend. She never received it.

I called Ava's and emailed them at least four times, they keep telling me they are working on it. The flowers were ordered in November!! They take your money and don't deliver. So I lost over $50 and my poor friend never got the flowers.

Stay away from this company. They are a RIP-OFF.

Avasflowers Customer Care
Review #1461044 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1461044.

Avasflowers - Horrible Experience

I wish that I could write a good review but my experience was horrible starting with the noisy background during the call. The young lady was a bit pushy about what was available to add to my order.

She said that the order would include a real card, the card consisted of a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper folded in quarters with my message printed inside. The free delivery is a hoax because they charged me $18.95 for handling. She told me that the flowers would be delivered before 10am but they arrived at 3pm. When I called to speak with with someone, the young man was not properly trained to handle my request to find the delivery.

He put me on hold for awhile. I thought this was a local florist but in turns out they are in NJ. They advertise as if they are local to your town but they are not. I would never have used them.

I never will again. The advertised flowers that I ordered was $39 but after being charged $4.95 for a card (turned out to be a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper), the handling fee and $4.95 for a ribbon, the total was over $80. I was told I could get her personal discount of 15% to bring down the total. This was a horrible experience.

I know that some of these reviews are fake but I needed to tell my story. It may not change the way they do business but at least it may deter someone else from having the same bait and switch tactics/attitude.

Read

I'm sure 90 percent or more of these reviews are spot on. Avas is a call center with two locations in the USA.

Mawah NJ and New City NY.

They wire orders to real florists only sending them about half the money you paid them. Most real florists won't accept orders from them so a lot of orders don't get delivered.

Poor customer service
Review #1398024 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1398024.

Avasflowers - Horriable

Called and ordered flowers for our dying sister and asked for same day (Friday) service. Seemed to be no problem.

Then everything happened apparently. We called and called and keep being cut off, we had no order number. I responded to an e-mail that I received but no further response was given. When 7pm Friday came and no delivery we waited until Saturday morning to contact Avas.

Then it was discovered no order had been places. So, we went with the lady helping us and reordered for same day service on Saturday. Avas called back saying there was no way they could be delivered on Saturday. We then cancelled the order.

There was a hold on our banking account and Avas said it would disappear and if it did not to call 855-536-8156 and they would take care of the charge.

We then called 1-800-Flowers and had flowers delivered within 4 hours. Today Avas charged our account and delivered the cancelled flowers.

CriticalHummingbird
1848 Grand Ave, Billings, MT 59102, USA
I liked
I was extremely unhappy and still am
Full refund
Review #1358326 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Avasflowers - I feel like I was lied to when I asked about the status of my delivery.

I ordered flowers for a family member on Wednesday afternoon. I was told they would be delivered the following day (Thursday) by 11 am. I was ok with that. At 12:20 pm Thursday I was talking to Carlos in customer service asking about the delivery status. First he told me that the designer wasn’t able to get the arrangement made by 11, then when I questioned further he then said that they were short on delivery drivers. I asked Carlos which story is it? He did everything to skirt the issue. Then when I asked to speak to a supervisor my call went straight to the customer survey. (I guess that’s one way of hanging up on a customer.)

So I immediately called back and spoke to Alex. He said the flowers were out for delivery and should be received anytime. I told him about my experience with Carlos and he was not receptive to smoothing over the situation. I then asked to speak to a supervisor, he put me on hold briefly, then came back to say the supervisor was busy with other people. (Did he really go looking for a supervisor?) I asked that the supervisor call me back. So far, no call. (It’s Friday 8:15 am) I don’t expect to hear anything. Alex did say that he would give me a 10% discount on the order. I asked for that to be emailed to me immediately. I haven’t seen it yet.

Both Carlos and Alex used the excuse of a language barrier.

I will never order from Ava’s again. Poor, poor customer service.

I didn’t like
Fraudulent phone promises, Poor customer service, Customer service reps not able to communicate well in english
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Review #1349028 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1349028.
1.2

Avasflowers - Worst *** florist company.

Their delivery service said by 4. They called my wife instead of calling me, that ordered the flowers, to see how long she will be there.

It’s a surprise. Not something you spend a $100 for this kind of *** service. I didn’t select to have it delivered by 4 the company did.

If you can’t make it in that time fine. Contact the person that ordered them.

NiceKingCrab
Poor customer service
Review #1256595 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Avasflowers - WORST FLORIST EVER IF THEY ARE A REAL FLORIST THAT IS !!!!!

I understand now why people put messages and pictures about their poor service experiences on facebook. I intend to do just that and hope that it affects their business.

I am not a vengeful person at all but what the multiple employees brought out in me on my daughters birthday was a side of me I didn’t know I had. I spoke to 3 different people- 1.Mary-she never came back on the line 2. Antonio- Made a lot of promises then he never came back on the line. 3.

Elearvar-hung up on me. I was promised the flowers by 12:00 on 3-5-94 so they could sit on my daughters desk AND SHE COULD ENJOY THEM for her birthday. That didn’t happen. The flowers arrived around 4:00 and she was leaving at 4:30.

The so called flowers were 1/2 opened and hanging way down over side.

The greenery was dead. They were pitiful.

Poor customer service
Review #1205890 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1205890.

Avasflowers - Ernest could not answer my Questions and hung up while I was talking

Ernest could not answer my questions and hung up while I was confirming that he would send me an email with my order number. Apparently Ernest wanted the sale and did not care about my questions I simply wanted to know what the substitutions would be as I wanted the said flowers that were shown but I never got an answer. He just kept asking for the credit card number although I had already put it on the website.

I will be interested to see if the flowers I ordered are the same as the website showed.

After a thoroughly frustrating conversation with this man, and reading the reviews (too late) I doubt I'll use this company again.

I didn’t like
Avas flowers customer help on the phone
Preferred solution
Get qualified personnel to answer the phone!
Review #1199702 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1199702.
1.3

Avasflowers - Bad experience

Placed a flower order only to find that it could not be delivered in the timeframe that I needed, 48 hours away. I called to cancel within five minutes but the representative I spoke with would not accept the cancellation of order.

Their online cancellation policy clearly states that otherwise but they claimed that that didn't matter. I have purchased twice before from this company but will never do business with them again. I ended up speaking to four customer service representatives and they all had the same line about needing to get a cancellation approved through a manager but no manager is ever available.

I was given another number to call but it went right back to the same call center. This company is bad news.

Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Full refund
Review #1188530 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1188530.

Avasflowers - Terrible, rip off, don't order from them!

Don't order anything from Avas Flowers! It's a rip off and their website's email communication is broken and they refuse to admit it.

Either that or they purposefully didn't communicate with me...I do think it is the website's fault and not anyone purposefully doing it, but either way, it led to a problem that they now purposefully will not fix. Details: I tried to cancel an order I placed with them immediately after placing it (I suddenly realized there was a near $20 charge on there that I hadn't noticed before clicking the final approve button - my mistake, but also very sneaky on their part to wait til the very end to toss that on there). I tried to contact them 4 different ways over the course of 2 days including on their website and by phone. Never even got a confirmation email of the order, but the pending charge was on my card and the order was showing up in my account on their site, so I knew it got placed.

Never got any other communication from them either, including from my multiple attempts at getting my order canceled. Order was delivered anyway and some of the flowers were droopy! (Very disappointing, sorry Mom! Luckily she had gotten much nicer flowers the day before from the other company I ordered from) I was finally able to get in contact with them on my second attempt at calling (the first time, they were still supposedly open, but no one answered the phone) and I was told that I had been sent an email in reply to one of my cancellation attempts informing me you can only cancel over the phone, but now it was too late since they were already delivered.

I never got that email; I was constantly checking inbox and junk mail for those 2 days and nothing ever arrived. (I even had him read off my email address and it was correct, which is what leads me to believe it is a problem with the website.) Was told if I was unhappy with the flowers, I could maybe get a 50% refund, but I'd have to send them a photo and whatnot.

I'm disputing the charge with my credit card company instead, as the droopy flowers are not even the main issue! Completely unacceptable experience.

Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Review #1187279 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1187279.