Avasflowers Customer Care Review

*** SCAM ARTIST. CAUGHT THEM IN 4 LIES.

THEY ARE NOT LOCAL.

SAID THEY COULD NOT CANCEL ORDER. DO NOT USE THEM.

Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Review #996138 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer996138.
1.6

Avasflowers - Customer Care Review

I called and tried to cancel the order and recieved the worst customer service I have experienced. I spoke to Melanie who identified her self as a manager at the New Jersey call center.

When asked for contact info for her direct supervisor she said it was Robert but refused to let me speak with him. Between the laughing in the background and on the phone and her inability to cancel my order and refund my money I am so unsatisfied that I will be more than happy to post reviews comments and anything else that I can do to be sure thay NO ONE has any type of unclear view of the experience that awaits them when using AVAS. I would have been satisfied with a refund but after this interaction and disregard for the customer I WILL NEVER USE AVAS AGAIN. So displeased and unhappy at the "local florist" that can't seem to cancel an order that is 2 days late and refund the money for a service they couldn't provide.

Sadly I am still being held hostage by this unclear and ridiculous company and my flowers have still not been delivered the timeliness of the event is over and this company has cost me memories and given me nothing but stress and less money! Please figure your selfs out Before others loose their special days to Sincerely unsatisfied

Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Review #987988 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer987988.

Avasflowers - Customer Care Review

Worst experience ever, try to cancel an order 2 hrs after it was place to be deliver 3 days after it was place, send e-mails, phone calls, more e-mails withing the 24 hr period, no answer, on the 5th receive an e-mail saying I could not cancel it that way, finally got hold of a customer service, explain the whole situation and she told me she couldnt do anything that the order was process, I told her that order could not be deliver and instead of offering a rain check or a credit she ask me for another address to be deliver, I ask to speak to the manager and she put me on hold for 20 mins and then hang up! I called my bank and open a dispute, they have put the charges thru before the 24 hrs and theyre not supose to do it untill the day of delivery. Never again will call them!!!

Poor customer service
Review #986029 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer986029.

Avasflowers - Customer Care Review

If I could give them zero stars, I would. I ordered a funeral wreath the same day my grandmother passed away.

The funeral was scheduled for Saturday, and I ordered the flowers on Monday. Ava's Flowers charged me an expedite fee, $9.99. During a customer service call regarding other mistakes with the order, I asked how far in advance flowers need to be ordered to avoid an expedite fee. Ava's Flowers acknowledged the error and sent a revised invoice.

The new invoice amount was actually higher than the original amount billed -- after the supposed $9.99 credit. How does that happen? When I called back about the new invoice amount, the customer service person was rude, belligerent, and kept interrupting both my husband and me as we tried to get clarification about the new invoice amount. Keep in mind, this is after multiple calls to correct other mistakes, such as getting the message on the card wrong, and getting the recipient's name wrong.

In addition, Ava's florist nicked and dimed me for everything possible, such as $3.99 to include a message with the flowers, $4.99 for a bow on the funeral wreath, and a $13.99 service fee (this fee mysteriously appeared on the final invoice, which is why the invoice amount increased, even though I had received a $9.99 credit! Save yourself the hassle. Don't do business with this company! Beware!

This corporate conglomerate does not care about your loved ones. Buy local and support local shops and businesses. Ava's Flowers were not a local shop, even though it claims to be when you do a Google search. If you don't believe me, try it.

No matter what town you search, Ava's will show up as a "local shop." Don't believe it! They take your order, and then subcontract with a local supplier.

In fact if you ask, most reputable florists refuse to work with Ava's to fulfill orders. In the future, I will use Yelp to ensure that I am indeed working with a reputable, local florist with a brick and mortar storefront.

Lawson
Order processing issue
Review #985277 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Avasflowers - STAY CLEAR OF THEM, No cancellation reference number

It took 20 minutes to place order, they claimed to be a local store on Sanibel island FL They guaranteed delivery by 7pm on that day then called back 3 hours latter saying it was not possible. We cancelled order but got no confirmation # after 3 calls for it.

Finally they said our order # is our confirmation #. We ordered from another local florist who called back later and told us that an identical order was received by them fromTeleflora !! Looks like we will have to get our credit card company involved.

Terrible customer service, not fluent in English and not capable of admitting mistake. STAY CLEAR

Poor customer service
Review #982541 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer982541.

Avasflowers - Horrible horrible

never again. never delivered order they are a horrible business and if you are family run shame on you - lied about delivery emails bounce back Customer service put me on hold for 20 minutes, then got disconnected - said they were connecting me to a supervisor that was a waste because they never picked up.

They send you texts saying order was delivered but they never were and they cannot provide you with information about the order. They are crooks.

Better Business Bureau has them rated at 97% negative rating save your money and use a reputable florist. I have emailed all sites giving them a horrible review because that's the service I received.

aperce
Problem with delivery
Review #981145 is a subjective opinion of poster.
1.8

Avasflowers - Poor customer service

I called around noon to order flowers. I got a woman who had a thick accent and hard to understand.

When I told her the address she couldn't spell anything right. Had to repeat several times. Said I would think about it and called back and got someone I could understand. Told it would be delivered by 4 p.m.

and I would get a email for the order, another for the Visa order and another email when the flowers were delivered. Called at 4 p.m. since I Hadn't received any emails. Got a guy this time and couldn't understand him either.

Said I wanted to cancel the order since it was not delivered on time. He said it was out for delivery and he took 10% off the price since it would be another hour before they would be delivered. The person I sent the flowers to called us at 5:30 p.m. and they looked nice.

Too much frustration dealing with them and being put on hold 4 times for over 20 minutes each time. Will not order from them again.

These flowers were sent to a widow who just lost her husband and I didn't need the hassle.Then they have the nerve to say they have earned awards. For what?

I liked
Photos of flowers on website, Picture of flowers
I didn’t like
Lack of ability to provide service promiced, Bad customer service, Late delivery
Preferred solution
Price reduction
Review #979056 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer979056.

Avasflowers - Avas Flowers is untrustworthy

I had a horrible experience with Avas and sued them in small claims court. I then received correspondence from their VP who apologized advised they would be crediting me with 75 points towards free flowers on my next order.

The credit never happened and I have been receiving a MAJOR runaround from their customer service (what a joke) dept, including from two of their "managers". I have given up on trying to get the 75 point credit and will never buy from them again.

Apparently the correspondence I received from their VP carries no weight with their "customer service" folks despite me sending them a copy of the VP's correspondence. They need to learn to keep their word and go back to business 101 to learn what customer service means!

Loss
Review #978569 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer978569.
1.1

Avasflowers - Order never received and held for 26 minutes

Thank God for AMX! They will at least respond and resolve my issues.

I did talk to someone briefly and he offered to deliver tomorrow for no charge. Then he put me back on hold and the system hung up on me about 8 minutes later. I already paid an arm and a leg for the flowers and the fee to deliver on a certain day!! So how can they think that offer to deliver tomorrow (3 days late mind you) for free was benefiting me in any way?!

STAY AWAY FROM AVAS Flowers.

Horrific customer service...And they brag they are the leader and hometown florist! I am not sure why they think that, I do not know any small business or large one that would just ignore a customer...

I didn’t like
Lack of customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund
Review #978096 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer978096.
1.6

Avasflowers - Customer Care Review

I contacted Avas Flowers around 10am using their website to order a gift basket using their guide as to what was available for delivery same day . The online terms and conditions as well as their phone hold spiel all say they have contracted with many local florists to ensure same day delivery.

I received a text from them at 1:18pm saying they needed an urgent call back. I called and was on hold for roughly 13 minutes only to get someone who said they couldn't get the basket made until tomorrow. I asked her to call local florists in the delivery area and find a solution. She sent me to a manager where I was on hold for over 20 minutes.

I hung up and called back finally got a manager after another 18 minutes to again be told they couldn't help me and by now it's nearly 3:00pm so I can't get anything delivered at all today. For a company to make these claims and not to even try to honor them is ridiculous. And from a company whose first line on their website being best same day flower delivery from the location I was requesting. They were rude and never even tried to find a solution.

As someone whose job it has been to make things happen when all things say it can't be done I know exactly how they could have honored their promise, but they stick to their script. It's so disappointing, customer service is severely lacking in our online environment.

griffinj1973
Order processing issue
Review #976191 is a subjective opinion of poster.