Update by user Jan 26

There has been an update to this horrific experience.Ava's decided to refund part of the money.

Since we agreed the day before that I should be refunded in full because no delivery was made during the day or two or five that was promised by their order policy, I expected a full refund. Instead the day after it should have been over they called a e-florist to same day a musty moldy old thing o f f lovers a a tenet tiny box of grocery store chocolates and then fight with me over whether it's was what was ordered or not. They eventually refunded me $100 of $140 that was spent. I originally ordered a flower arrangement made of white carnations and red roses built into a greenery in the shape of a Christmas tree NOT what was delivered five days later.

And the took several hours to handle each call of which 3-4 of my days were also stolen by these thieves. Just dealing with them is costly on so many levels. Part of the reason they are such a failure is that a local florist who I called to deliver the real deal to my cousin same day on Christmas Eve said he and others do not like doing business with them because they don't pay much of anything for what they order. So their orders will get put on the back burner or outright rejexted.

So Avas did refund me in part but I still feel they owe me the balance. I couldn't imagine you could be so jacked by such a simple thing as ordering flowers and they popped up as the local florist or I would have never ordered from them.

False advertising - if I had time on my hands I would sue for damages and false advertising.But I'll take my lumps and settle for giving them a review they both deserve and won't soon forget.

Update by user Dec 28, 2016

Service not delivered as promised.Product not what was ordered.

Non existent customer service when something like this happens. Customer service is severely limited and there are no escalation policies to resolve issues of which there are many issues. Bait and switch terms come to mind when a medium box of mixed chocolates was ordered for $25 and a 5.5 oz of Ferraro Rochers were delivered. The floral arrangement was not what was ordered and contained Lilies - not what was ordered and the arrangement that was dropped off had already sat somewhere for a week so the flowers were wilted, broken, degraded and moldy in old water that turned.

The website promised there were 3 arrangements left and same day delivery if ordered in the next 36 minutes. False advertising. I paid $148 for this - 3x more than what would have been charged for what was delivered.

A partial refund was offered - under the circumstances and the 4 days of time consuming calling I seek a full refund and they need to stop the false advertising and take care of customer complaints.They are a scam what they do.

Original review posted by user Dec 27, 2016

I ordered a Christmas arrangement in the shape of a Christmas tree with a medium box of chocolates on Friday 12/23 for $148.99.Their website said there were 3 left that could be delivered same day if ordered in the next 36 minutes.

It was to go to my cousins in Michigan because the 1800flowers.com didn't deliver my first present ordered the previous week. The confirmation said it would be delivered Monday. I called four more times the next day to try to get a manager because customer service can't do anything that isn't already in the order. I was deliberately put on hold 3 times and an hour later the automated system cut me off.

My order was for a designer roses and evergreen and Christmas balls in a gold container 12" high and in the shape of a Christmas Tree. The box of chocolates was for medium mixed chocolates (12 oz or 16oz) for $25 plus $148 for the arrangement. No delivery on my special occasion on Christmas Eve none on Christmas Day and on the day promised in the confirmation email - Monday the 26th - nothing was delivered. I called them at the end of the day on Monday and complained of no delivery.

They said they would issue a refund if no delivery. Then on Tuesday, I received a Lilly and rose floral arrangement that was broken, wilted, and which had the water and mold growing from being so very old I the case. I also received a small box of chocolates 5.5 oz - the kind you pickup in CVS or Walgreens. I am allergic to mold and Lilies.

Another call and another hour telling me I have to wait for the response from their flower artisan before making any decision. Another call and another hour to get only a partial refund as they said they had to pay the $40 to the florist Bonus: the florist called me prior to delivery and I was able to reverse phone look it up as they don't put their name on anything they deliver for AVAS and come to find out it was from Flowers To You - another sane day tele national delivery service.

They actually called my order in to get anything delivered today to avoid giving the refund!False advertising is just the beginning of my complaints!

Review about: Avas Holiday Flower Tree.

Turnaround Time
Style and Design
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not as described / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Avasflowers?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion