Avasflowers - I wish that I found this section before I placed my order

I wanted to give my girlfriend a nice floral arrangement for Valentines. I was having it delivered on Monday.

Before Valentines day. I saw a wide variety of arrangements and found the one that I really liked. I called to speak with an agent to make sure nothing would go wrong. My first mistake.

As it turns out this company is operated by a bunch of crooks. Who put up pages of nice arrangements in order to get your attention. And once they have that they lie, cheat and deceive you. The arrangement that I wanted was not part of their advertised discount and free delivery.

So the agent said that he could help me with an arrangement that would be equal to the one that I wanted. He said that he could do an arrangement with 15 roses and add some carnations and greenery to make it look like what I wanted. "LIAR" Like other complaints that I have read. They charge you $70 to $80 dollars for what you think you are going to get.

Only to when and if you receive your flowers that you realize that you have been ripped off. My flowers were delivered on Monday and on time. The arrangement had 7 roses and 8 carnations and a bow that I had to pay extra for. I called to complain and they just gave me the run around.

Telling me that I got what I ordered 15 stems. No matter how many times I tried to tell them that Is not what I was told when I placed my order they was saying the same thing.

You got 15 stems. DON'T MAKE THE MISTAKE THAT WE DID

Not as described
Review #1188547 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1188547.
2.2

Avasflowers - Invoices Not Itemized

Consumers should read terms/conditions for hidden charges, but Avas should have itemized invoices. 1st phone rep transfered me to survey, when I was firm on canceling oder & would not back down from her offering 10% off & $10 credit.

2nd call I reached an Acct Manager Albert. He listened as I vented & was more than accomodating.

I informed I'll wait for delivery to my receipent & follow-up with picture if it is not a QUALITY purchase & will demand refund. I'm trusting Albert's service and reassurance of an arrangement that will be delivered with quality and care.

Not as described
Review #1188247 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1188247.

Avasflowers - Fail to deliver

I am so angery with myself, for using this company,Avas flowers, I order an arrangement for my sick friend, today Feb 2,2018 @ 10:00 am this morning to be delivered before 5:00 pm today Feb 2,2018. I get a text @ 2:35pm to give them a call and I did, they tell me that they are going to updated my order to two dozens of red roses, and they willbe delived tomorrow Saturday Feb 3, 2018 I told them I didn't order any red roses and I need to cancel the order, I was told that I wouldn't be getting a full refund, that they would be keeping $17.00 of my $70.00, so right now I am out of $70.00.

I am going to try and see if I can stop payment thru my charge card company.

my order number is 4946588, Oscar took my order with his lying self. when I called back, I gotten into an arugment with someone who didn't speak english well and we aruger for about 20 min,

I liked
Looks of the arrangement, Same day delivery
I didn’t like
Scam artists, Late delivery of flower order and no card with the flowers, And did not refund
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Full refund
Review #1181755 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1181755.
2.6

Avasflowers - Pretty disappointed

On 1/25/18 I ordered an arrangement and a balloon to be delivered for a good friends birthday. The arrangement didn’t look like the photo and they didn’t deliver the balloon.

The arrangement itself was decent but not what I was expecting after looking online.

After contacting them, they did issue a refund for the balloon but they said the arrangement was up to their standards. Definitely will not use this company again nor would I recommend it.

Not as described
Review #1178872 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1178872.

Avasflowers - Horrible customer service

when the delivery didn't happen when it was supposed to, the horrible phone calls happened. First to argue about the delivery (which they said was delivered but then changed thier mind) then when flowers where delivered, they left them out in the freezing January weather.

The arrangement wasn't what it was supposed to be, I actually wouldn't call it an arrangement since it was just thrown in a vase sloppy.

they didn't deliver the full size card that was paid for or the 25 dollar box of chocolate that was also added on. So when I called to complain they had all sorts of excuses and after 2 days of calling, the flowers where dead (because that is what happens when the freeze and then thaw) they refunded only half the money because in thier opinion the arrangement didn't have to look anything like it was supposed to as long as something was delivered.

tazoreo_82
Not as described
Review #1177803 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Avasflowers - DO NOT EVER ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY~ TOTAL SCAM

I recently googled a florist in Sun City, AZ and it came up Ava's Flowers. I called, and like everyone else, was led to believe they were a local florist.

I ordered a PREMIUM bouquet with a special red colored vase to accent the flowers. My family received a small bouquet, that was actually looked like any other standard bouquet, with a clear vase. I have called several times and got the run around and was told they would reimburse me for the vase. I requested they send someone to come get the flowers and reimburse me in full, and they refused.

I would have been better off sending money to their neighbor and have them go to Safeway.

ON THEIR WEBSITE THEY SAY THEY PRIDE THEMSELVES ON SATISFIED CUSTOMERS~ DO NOT EVER ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!!! THEY ARE IN BUSINESS TO RIP PEOPLE OFF AND NOTHING ELSE.

Read

Avas flowers will charge you the $83 and then send $45-$50 to a local florist saying that an arrangement "similar" to what you requested is okay for delivery. With only part of what you paid for the order, the local florist is limited in what he or she can do.

h.kitchener

Dispute the charge. If nothing else, they will have to pay the "dispute fee" of around $25 to the card company.

Enokaalii
I didn’t like
Quality of product and lack of customer service
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Full refund
Review #1166229 is a subjective opinion of poster.
2.8

Avasflowers - DO NOT USE Ava's Florist

If I could give a zero rating I would. WORST FLORIST I've ever used.

False advertising. Ordered a beautiful PREMIUM 2 candle Christmas centerpiece for my sister with Roses and lillies. She received a small arrangement of mostly carnations and 3 roses no bigger than a lunch plate with one candle. I've been going round and round through phone calls and emails to complain and all they offered me was a $5 coupon towards a future purchase.

No thank you.

AVOID Ava's Flowers. They are crooks!

Debonair
Not as described
Review #1163173 is a subjective opinion of poster.
2.0

Avasflowers - Poor communication and poor quality

Ordered two funeral arrangements - sent them some messages to confirm they understood the cars messages - no response. I did send another message to chance the delivery date - no confirmation bir they were delivered on correct date.

Both arrangements were disappointing- will mot order from them again. I ordered the premium size.

The red-white blue was wilting, spraw and sloppily constructed. The colorful arrangement was anbit fuller however quite sloppy looking

Read

Just so you know, Avas funeral arrangements are made of silk flowers, not live, and most of their floral arrangements are a combo of live and silk flowers. In case you wonder how I can tell that...

Thirty years working with both live and silk flowers. They aren't local either and are a sending only call center. The reason your flowers are smaller than what you ordered is because silk and live don't compare unless the silks cost an arm and leg. The realistic silk are expensive.

The other reason is because they wired a real florist about half of what you paid without a delivery fee added to the total. See the infmational post listed below to get more information on call centers.

Not as described
Review #1160928 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1160928.

Avasflowers - Scam

how does this company even stay in buisness ? You promise one thing and deliver complete garbage .

If a person makes a purchase for what is advertised then give them that product . how hard is it to send what people pay for . I will continue to contact as many sites as possible until the company gives me what i paid for. how are u gonna send flowers that have not even bloomed ?

and just take it upon yourself to customize the accent flowers and not contact the customer to be sure thetas ok with them ?

crooks . not mention i even upgraded just to make sure the arrangement was gonna be beautiful

Read

Complain to your attorney general, the FTC and FTD. Avas uses the FTD Mercury system to wire orders to real florists across the country.

Avas is a sending only call center and not a real florist. Almost all of their arrangements are made out of silk flowers so they look more fluffy and all of their sympathy arrangements are made of silk.

See the informational post listed below. It's full of useful information to help you find the real florists.

I strongly agree! I also was scammed by them!

pissedjake44
I didn’t like
Any of their standards, Not what i wanted, Lie about delivery, And did not refund
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered
Review #1149090 is a subjective opinion of poster.
1.5

Avasflowers - AVAS FLOWERS BEWARE!!!

Avas Flowers, sent the ugliest flower arrangement to my 91 year uncles funeral. It looked NOTHING like what I ordered.

I ordered dark purple and white roses in a low square vase with dark unusual greens. What I got was 3 yellow roses and a couple of peach carnations in a tall vase all spread out and sparse. It honestly looked like a $10 grocery store bouquet in a $1 vase. Not the $70 arrangement that I paid for.

They advertise "FREE SHIPPING" yet charge a $17 service fee. They are located in NJ and lie and pretend they are a local florist, they outsource like everyone else. I had to call and email 5 times, they NEVER apologized even after I sent them photos and after hours on the phone they refunded me $10 with NO APOLOGY.

I am so appalled. I DO NOT RECOMMEND AVAS FLOWERS!

Read

Ava's isn't a real florist but a sending only call center. They use the FTD Mercury system to wire orders all across the country.

Their call center is located in NJ and there are no local Avas anywhere in the US except the call center in NJ. Regardless of what you paid they wire a local florist about half with a bland description of the order. They also include a link to a photo but it usually won't open because it sets off security software as it's an unsecured link.the real florist that keeps the order sends what they can for the money they received. Most real florists won't deal with these call centers and refuse the orders.

Always scroll down the search page until you see local phone numbers and addresses. Those will be your local florists. All of the first listings are call centers and there's a lot of them out there.

Real florists won't advertise everywhere but call centers do. File a complaint with FTD as well as the FTC.

I didn’t like
Poor quality, Quality of the flowers i ordered, Fact the customer service representative never apologized
Bad quality
Full refund
Review #1132652 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1132652.