Avasflowers - TERRIBLE!! THE WORST!! SCAM

This company is HORRENDOUS. I ordered a teddy bear, balloons and cookies for a little boy in intensive care.

The girl who took my order rushed through the transaction without even offering to review it with me for accuracy. That should have been my first red flag, not to place the order. The girl then attempted to end the call without even giving me a price. When I asked about the price she said $80.

I thought that was excessive, but was pressed for time and wanted the child to have the get well package. When I later checked my invoice, they charged me $115 instead of the agreed upon $80. I called back immediately and told them to cancel the order. Although I was told the order would be cancelled, it was not.

I called back 6 times and each time I was left on hold between 15 to 20 minutes before the call just hung up. Although I requested to speak with a supervisor, no one ever came on the phone. This company is highly unprofessional and shady. DONT MAKE THE MISTAKE I MADE.

NEVER ORDER FROM HERE!!! They mislead you and rip you off.

user63602897
I didn’t like
Anything about the experience
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Price reduction
Review #1207707 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Avasflowers - DON'T BE SCAMMED!

I called Avas to purchase an arrangement and was suckered in on buying a deluxe package! When the flowers arrived a few days later the flowers looked a lot smaller than the website pics....

And 75 percent of the flowers looked almost dead and welted. Called their customer service dept. And basically gave me the run around and put on hold 4 times. Long story short they set up a time for the so called designer to redeliver and pickup old flowers.

Lady shows up pissed off at the world! Holding an arrangement that was a tenth of the size of original arrangement. Argued with me for 10 minutes over why I had paid and what product I should of received.... Basically she said that it's not her screw up and that I needed to contact Avas for a refund.

I didn't accept new delivery and sent her away! She also educated me that Avas was just a call center and paid local florists to fill orders. Also that she didn't appreciate working with them because they always shorted her. I contacted Avas and again got the run around over and over but they never admitted their faults!

Shame in me for not looking up their reviews and doing more research. Small lesson learned!!

Don't ever do business with this company!! They will definitely scam you 1 way or another!

Not as described
Review #1206808 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1206808.
1.1

Avasflowers - Rip-off, what you order is not what you get!

The flower arrangement with delivery totaled 70.00+ dollars. The Item ordered was not even close to what was delivered, and note in the photo, the wilted flower.

I understand the company’s right to substitute some flowers in arrangements but this is a rip off. And their response is that the order is a representation and here is 10.00 for a future order! Photo on left taken 30 min.

after delivery. Photo on right is what was ordered only with a clear vase.

Not as described
Review #1200906 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1200906.
1.3

Avasflowers - Beware!

Jackie

1 review

Published 52 seconds ago

Beware of Avas flowers!

So a year ago I ordered an arrangement from Ava’s to be delivered, unlike most times when I have flowers delivered I actually saw the next day. To say I was disappointed was an understatement, I was actually embarrassed by the size and quality of said arrangement as I had paid a good deal of money on them. I published a review on there website and received the following email from them within a few days:

“I would like to take this time to apologize. We are committed to quality and service. Our guarantee is our personal commitment to our customers to create long term relationships. Your satisfaction is our Number One priority, not just because it's our job, but because we really do care.

We have deposited store credit in the amount of $20.00. This store credit can be used at any time, for any occasion, anywhere in the US and they never expire!

We understand the importance of every floral order and we take great pride in ensuring that our customers are satisfied. We look forward to resolving your concerns.

Sincerely,

Avas Flowers

877-638-3303

So I just tried to log onto their website to use the $20 credit and got an error message that their system did not recognize my email address.....you mean the same email address that you sent the above message to??!!

Beware of Avas flowers!!!

Poor customer service
Loss
Review #1200086 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1200086.

Avasflowers - Poor quality

An arrangement was sent and the first had flowers dying the next day. It took two days to get ahold of them and the replacement was equally as bad.

These folks are terrible at responding and quality is worse. Do not buy from them

Bad quality
Review #1197061 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1197061.

Avasflowers - NEVER ORDER FROM AVA'S FLOWERS

I chose Ava's Flowers specifically because I like to support family-owned businesses. I did not place the order online – instead I called to discuss floral options with a sales person.

This was a very special, very important arrangement for a cancer patient. I wanted the biggest, brightest bouquet of carnations (the recipient's favorite flower) that I could buy for my budget of $64. I even asked if we could forego the vase in order to afford more carnations in the arrangement (and have them wrapped in paper or plastic). After putting me on hold, Tony the customer service rep told me an arrangement could be made with 30 brightly colored carnations and they could also be put in a vase for that price.

He continued to ask detailed questions during the ordering: what color ribbon (Tony suggested silver) plus what time should it arrive, and a phone number to contact me with any questions. When I asked if it could be an afternoon delivery (so it would not wake the ailing recipient) Tony put me on hold to inquire, and came back on the line to tell me yes. I was thrilled. 30 brightly colored carnations in a vase with a silver bow to be delivered between 3-4pm.

Instead 13 carnations in a vase with a yellow bow was delivered at 11:50am. I do not understand why Ava's asked so many specific questions during the ordering process only to have those details completely disregarded. Why was I not contacted about the change in delivery time to make sure someone was home to receive the arrangement 3 hours earlier than scheduled? If a silver bow was not available, I don't understand why I was not contacted to ask for a 2nd choice.

And 13 carnations? For $64? I called Ava’s Flowers and told customer service representative Maria, “There’s been a terrible mistake.” Maria said she could tell by looking at the order that something went wrong. She asked me to email a photo of the delivered arrangement to Ava’s Flowers.

Later I received an email response from Nelson V: “After reviewing your photo and the recipe of this particular arrangement all flowers are represented accordingly. Therefore, your order has been approved and meets the Product Description.” He sent his regrets and a coupon for $10 off my next order.

I didn’t like
Finished product
Preferred solution
Full refund
Review #1193474 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1193474.

Avasflowers - Terrible, promises were not kept, Flowers did not get delive

We placed an order for a funeral spray to be delivered at 9 am on a Monday in the town of Minoa, where there is a AVa Flowers. The order was placed online and I made a follow up call to a live person who assured me that the order would’ be delivered to the church in time for the 9 am services.when we followed up on Monday morning we were told they didn’t make it but that they could have if the service would have been at 10 am.

This was a very important spray for the funeral and the fact that I was assured that the spray would make it on time is what is most upsetting. I could have gone with a different florist if I had known.

So nit only were we let down but also the family at the service that were expecting our flower spray. We recommend that you do not use this florist if the flowers are for anything important.

Problem with delivery
Review #1192861 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1192861.

Avasflowers - False advertising

Ordered the white sympathy arrangement online and received what looks like a ‘left over Valentine’s Day ’ stock of grocery store quality flowers. How did we go from all white florals to this!

Horrible customer service.

Manager would not resolve issue. $81 spent on garbage.

Not as described
Review #1192134 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1192134.

Avasflowers - LIES

I phoned in my order and was assured by the agent that my flowers would be delivered by noon, Valentine's Day. Though someone was home the entire day, with two noisy and watchful dogs, I was told the delivery was attempted but no one was home.Lie.

Delivery was made the afternoon of the 16th, though I was told that my insistence that morning that the order be cancelled would be honored and a credit made to my credit card. Lie. Several attempts to contact them from the 14th to the 16th were frustrating. After sitting on hold for nearly 15 minutes on the 14th, I was advised that "they did not accept calls, but would schedule a call back the following day at the time I select." A choice of times was offered, but there was no way of knowing what time zone those times were in.

I selected one and received a call from them at 5:55am and told to press 1 if I wanted to speak with an agent. I did and was told(by recording) that the office was closed and I should call back during normal business hours??? This is the worst experience I've ever had with any company. Their customer service reps are obviously reading from a script and practically ignore what is said to them.

I have had several conversations with several agents. One said I would get a credit, and an email confirmation. Didn't happen. Lie.

Many apologies and empty offers for discounts on my next purchase--never going to happen!!--I received a message from my girl friend that flowers had been delivered the afternoon of the 16th, though the order had been canceled that morning. It was made up of a handful of red roses, another handful of red carnations and a cheap vase.

It lacked the artistic appeal and beauty one would expect from an $80 plus arrangement. I could detail more or their incompetence and dishonesty, but if this doesn't dissuade you from calling them, more wouldn't help.

Problem with delivery
Review #1191602 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1191602.

Avasflowers - Unreliable

One word to truly describe this company would be unreliable. As a flower company you would expect them to handle heavy volume during major holidays and clearly cannot.

I placed 2 orders on Feb. 2, one for the 13th and the other the 14th. I ordered 24 rainbow roses to be delivered the day before Valentine’s Day and 15 stems including a vase of birds of paradise to be delivered on the 14th. I’ve order this arrangement many times before knowing what I would be receiving.

Now anyone I feel with common sense in this business would reach out to the customer by phone to relay any major discrepancies for an order but this company chose to send me an email on the 12th, 10 days after my order has been placed and 2 days before they were supposed to be sent letting me know that my original was no longer available and they would be sending me assorted colored roses instead as an “upgrade”. Failing to see this email and unaware of what I was receiving until today came. Well not only did they now send me my rainbow roses today but tell me that since I didn’t respond to their email they sent me the assorted roses to make up for the birds of paradise. Now anyone who knows flowers would know these are two VERY different types of flowers.

After speaking with someone I was told they would not be able to refund me for the $70 assorted roses I never wanted as well as telling me I will not be receiving the rainbow roses and that they will have to create a new order for them to go out on Friday. I was truly dissatisfied not only with the representative on the phone but this company in general.

Just as a comparison this company works out of NJ I am a customer in NY who also ordered flowers from HI and even they had the common sense to call me when there was a discrepancy in my order. Truly unreal.

ccasale_81
Order processing issue
Review #1189220 is a subjective opinion of poster.