AvasFlowers.COM BUYERS BEWARE 11-10-2012 bad bizness

Mt.Zion Baptist church on 11.10.12

I just buried my 30 yr old cousin Nov. 11th 2012 and I chose Avasflowers online.

I ordered 2 SPRAYS..The 1 spray i ordered which was a CROSS was ok, the other Spray arrangement was HORRIBLE suppose to have been red and white carnations item # E18-X nothing compared to photo on avasflowers.com. Only white carnations was put on spray, ALL RED CARNATIONS was not put on arrangement. NOT to leave alone they only put like 10 carnation but photo on site have at least 30 +flowers.

VERY HORRIBLE and a disgrace for such type of service event (funeral) I got ripped off and never again in my LIFETIME. BUYERS BEWARE OF AVASFLOWERS.COM

prettygurl
Loss
Review #303237 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Avasflowers - AVAS FLOWERS DO NOT BUY

I ordered a flower arrangement called FATHFUL BLESSINGS for a friends funeral. It was suppose to be a white vase with a silver cross filled with lilies.

They delivered wilted roses and carnations in a small vase. For the flowers and delivery it cost $75. They want to charge me a 50% restocking fee. I don't know what they think they are going to restock.

The customer service supervisor is going to call me...right? I am filling a dispute with my credit card company. It isn't the first time I got ripped off and probably not the last.

BEWARE...DO NOT BUY FLOWERS FROM AVAS...

San Antonio, Texas, United States #810712

I ordered 1 oz asssorted roses for my niece to cheer her up during her

bereavement. She received 1 oz red roses, that were not fresh, pedals

falling off, & they looked limp.

I made a complaint to Ava's Flowers and never received a response.

Placed claim with VISA for refund.

bartender3
Bowie, Maryland, United States #582873

I registered a complaint about Ava's Flowers to my credit card company which was American Express. Ava's Flowers never responded to the AMEX inquiry (probably because they ARE RIPPING PEOPLE OFF!) I received a letter from AMEX yesterday,

they are refunding 100% of my money.

THEY WILL OVER CHARGE YOU ALSO. I JUST POST A BAD EXP.

I HAD WITH THEM RE: QTY (2) SPRAYS I ORDERED. I FORGOT TO MENTION I WAS GIVING 3 PRICE QUOTES. THEY EMPLOYEES DO NOT KNOW HOW TO ADD/SUBTRACT/ WHEN IT COMES TO %PERCENTS and DISCOUNTS. AND THE END RESULT WILL BE MORE OPPOSED TO LESS.

I literally got a $224 1st quote, then a $252.

2nd quote, and final quote was/CHARGE was $271 for the very same flower arrangement/sprays.... employees at 877-638-3303 avasflowers.com ....BUYERS BEWARE of credit card charge........

I ordered 2 SPRAYS........The 1 spray i ordered which was a CROSS was ok, the other Spray arrangement was HORRIBLE suppose to have been red and white carnations item # E18-X nothing compared to photo on avasflowers.com. Only white carnations was put on spray, ALL RED CARNATIONS was not put on arrangement. NOT to leave alone they only put like 10 carnation but photo on site have at least 30 +flowers.

VERY HORRIBLE and a disgrace for such type of service event (funeral) I got ripped off and never will use Avasflowers again in my LIFETIME. BUYERS BEWARE OF AVASFLOWERS.COM

View more comments
bartender3
Loss
Review #302617 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Avasflowers - Ava's Flowers - the worst!

I ordered the "deluxe" version of what looked like a beautiful arrangement and a very skimpy version was delivered. I had to write several emails and make a few calls AND send photos before they would acknowledge their error.

They finally switched out the flowers but it was a horrible experience.

I will never order from Ava's again.

I have to wonder how many people experience this "bait and switch" tactic when ordering flowers. I am telling all my friends to be sure to share photos of delivered flowers when they thank someone so that the sender can verify that what was ordered was actually delivered.

Avasflowers Arrangement
Review #301793 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer301793.

Avasflowers - THIS PLACE SUCKS

AVASFLOWERS.COM IS THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE AND PRODUCT EVER. LOOKS NOTHING LIKE THE PICTURE.

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY. THEY LIE AND SAY YOU HAVE A 100% SATIFACTION, NOT TURE. I WAS TO KIND AND TRUSTED THIS COMPANY TO ONLY BE DISSAPPOINTED IN THE PRODUCT AND SERICVE. NEVER IN MY LIFE HAVE I BEEN THIS DISAPPOINTED IN A COMPANY.

THE PRODUCT I ORDER WAS FOR MY DAUGHTER 21ST BIRTHDAY SHE IS IN VERMOUNT AND I'M IN WASHINTON STATE AND I WANTED HER TO HAVE SOMETHING FROM HOME. I PAID $82.00 FOR SOMETHING I COULD HAVE MADE FOR $10.00.

dana1643
Loss
Review #296880 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Avasflowers - Embarrassed and furious!

Avas flowers took my order for a funeral arrangement, charged me for it, confirmed it and then did not notify me until after the wake and funeral that the arrangement was never sent. I was completely embarrassed!

They had enough time to tell me about it, so that I could have found an alternate florist, but didn't. Completely unprofessional. They also did not have arrangements available that are posted on their site.

I settled for something else and was assured the arrangement would be "special" and they'd take good care of me. Guaranteed delivery is a complete scam.

Read

I have used Avas 3 times for funeral flowers in the past year. I have been pleased - one time I erroneously told them a memorial service was a day earlier than it was.

They took care of it & the flowers were delivered at the correct time.

Everyone has raved about the flowers and said they were beautiful. I will continue to use them.

kwastiasaran@cox.net
Avasflowers Arrangement
Review #292300 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Avasflowers - Avas Flowers - You don't get what you paid for!

Here's my communication with Avas:

I have given you more than sufficient time to address my comments.(I waited 5 days - no response) Your lack of any response clearly shows the type of organization that you are. That in no way is a positive statement. Therefore, I will begin to spread the word so that people avoid using your horrible, deceptive and fraudulent services.

Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2012 1:05 PM

To: 'Avas Flowers'

Subject: RE: Your recent order for (elizabeth) on 08-11-2012

I recently sent you my review and comments (and further posted them on your site - where I am SURE that they will NEVER appear). I immediately had a pop-up re: a 20% discount. Please do not insult me further with automated responses such as this.

It is hard to put into words the disappointment with your service. The "Exquisite" Spray delivered did NOT have a single rose in it while the item you pictured on your site had a meaningful percentage - almost 50% of the flowers in the arrangement - as roses. The description stated: "White roses, Asiatic lilies, chrysanthemums and mini carnations are delicately arranged with emerald palm fronds and other lush greens." No roses were to be found. I realize that there can be some variance between the photo and what is actually arranged, but this was far beyond acceptable variance especially since roses are the featured flower and are at their cheapest this time of year and in plentiful supply. Basically, I would describe Avas Flowers' performance as fraudulent and deceptive and in no way meeting the de facto contract agreed upon. A refund is in order!

With respect to the Deepest Sympathy Vase, the visual and contents were even more lacking and in variance. What was shown, was "a wondrous presentation of grace and elegance to honor the life of the deceased. Pale pink roses and pink carnations are offset by baby's breath, variegated ivy, lush greens and a white sheer ribbon, gorgeously arranged in a designer white ceramic pedestal vase." What was received was a mix of color with only a few roses and what looked like a $4.99 bunch of flowers from a supermarket crammed into a vase with absolutely no grace or flow, no variegated ivy, etc. It was an appalling misrepresentation and an embarrassment worthy of a complete refund.

This was the first time I've used your service and it will, in all likelihood, be the last.

Your company has shown a total lack of credibility and integrity and I intend to inform as many as I can of that. The experience was a total bait and switch - like buying and paying for a BMW and getting a Chevy Aveo instead. I'd love to hear your response to this fiasco and deception.

Avasflowers Arrangement
Review #289247 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer289247.

Avasflowers - Bait and switch

I placed an order with Ava's Flowers 373 S Main Street New City NY 10956 for a flower arrangement of a certain style/color scheme (pink/purple multi-colored). the flowers sent were red/white cheap looking in comparison to the product I ordered.

I was told that "The arrangement was filled as similar as possible". product was inferior and no way similar to the product I purchased. Horrible people Horrible customer service.

Total rip-off and they simply do not care. I am complaning anywhere and everywhere I can find to complain to AWFUL experience and I hope this business is shur down.

Read

Have your bank or credit card company to reverse the charges. I was credited within a week.Explain everything in detail.

Provide invoice if available.Photos are helpful as well. Good luck!

Same thing happened to me. What a rip off.

Seems like there is a lot of people who fell for this scam of a company. Did any of you figure out a way to get a refund? I'm thinking of a lawsuit because I think thats the only way they will learn. If you have any information on how to get my money back please let me know.

Ripped of soldier

@hawaii5253

Sorry . .

I know your post is old. But my bank reversed the Avas Flowers charge within a week.

I'm from Hawaii and know the frustration of having to deal with ecommerce businesses that rip you off. They think since you are so far away they are protected and can get away with it.

I contacted the BB of New York and after a few emails I receiveda full refund of my n=money.

I ordered flowers, a deluxe version, for my mother's birthday and luckily she sent me a photo of what was delivered. None of the flowers that were in the image displayed on their website were in the bouquet, only cheap flowers and not very many of them either.

I started off sending polite emails, which have received no response, and now, 3 months later, my emails are not as polite.

I've been asking for a refund. Any suggestions on how to get this issue resolved?!?

I had the same experience. Placed an order and the they sent flowers that looked nothing like the ones I paid for. Customer service claims they will send a replacement, but they never did.

View more comments
vlp12345
Loss
Review #270154 is a subjective opinion of poster.