2.6

Avasflowers - No balloons

Ordered flowers and balloons for my wifes bday they delivered the flowers no balloons was told they can deliver the balloons the next day thanks alot for nothing yours truly Gary odom sr.

Order processing issue
Review #1066221 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1066221.

Avasflowers - Flowers were not what I ordered and no balloons

I ordered hydrangea and 2 balloons and the flowers delivered were all white and no balloons and a complete run around from the 800 number and the local florist who would not make it right or refund me Cornelius florist rude too

Not as described
Review #1063349 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1063349.

Avasflowers - The worst customer service ever experienced!

I can't believe a business as poor as this could exist! I ordered two arrangements for my wife's memorial service...it was delivered as one arrangement...not anything close to what I ordered and couldn't even get the name correct that I spelled out for them.

Their webpage is extremely misleading as it makes you think you have contacted the local florist. Even when I specifically asked to talk to the local florist, I was lied to. They are NOT an FTD member florist as their webpage would imply and any follow up service is non-existant.

I will cancel payment as my only recourse, but does nothing to right the situation. DO NOT order anything from this service...you will be very dissappointed.

Read

I spent $127.00 for a vase of flowers for a wake. Was promised a beautiful bouquet.

a small bouquet of drooping, half dead flowers were delivered! When I complained to the BBB, via E- Mail I received a call from Avas saying I would receive a 20% discount. I refused. A few weeks later I received another call offering $40.00 off.

$87.00 for half dead flowers? I told him "NO"! I am very angry about the half dead flowers.

Should have looked "behind" their impressive website. DO NOT USE THIS Florist!!!!!

Avas is a paid member of FTD. This allows them to use the FTD Mercury system to wire orders to local florists.

However, they misrepresent you, their customer, with what they sell on their website and what of your money they send to a real florist. Most reputable florists will not deal with them as they are one of many sending only call centers. They have two hubs: one in NY and one in NJ but are located somewhere overseas. You can always contact FTD and file a complaint with them.

They are already not allowed to use the Teleflora Dove system and the Bloomnet system from 1800flowers. The more people complain to FTD, the more likely they are to ban Avas from using their system. It gives FTD a bad name to continue to let these throw-off call centers use their Mercury system to wire out orders to reputable florists. Teleflora, FTD and 1800flowers are also sending only call centers, so always try to call your local florists.

Look for actual local addresses and local phone numbers, not 800 numbers. Some of these call centers will advertise in your local yellow pages phone directory. When searching online scroll down until you see local numbers and addresses.

These call centers are the first ones that list on the search engine. Hope this helps.

Poor customer service
Full refund
Review #1056528 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1056528.
1.1

Avasflowers - Duped Consumer

We ordered a beautiful arrangement of tulips for my husband's mother. We received a notice that they were delivered yesterday, however it was odd because she didn't call.

When we called her this morning she was glad to know who sent them...NO note? Okay whatever...but this is why we are so dang mad.....we ordered tulips, but instead she received an arrangement of cheap flowers that I could have picked up for under $10 at a grocery store and thrown in a vase. This is a total scam! DO NOT order through this service!

Just find a local florist and order directly from then. Forget this middleman of an Internet service that doesn't give a *** about your order, but sure likes to take your money!

San Jose, California, United States #1328709

I'm fighting the same battle / requested Friday delivery / no show / no show on Saturday / called to cancel order on Sunday and I was told I would get an email confirmation - that didn't happen - next call promised a text follow up - didn't happen - today Monday fighting with them once again for refund confirmation

Not as described
Review #1047013 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1047013.
1.3

Avasflowers - Unsatisfied costumer

Ava flowers is a scam delivered 12 roses without vase charge . $ 55.63 trying to contact them no answer from them and 24 hour number doesnt answer should have seen reviews first.

Not as described
Review #1046247 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1046247.

Avasflowers - Disappointed to say the least

Ordered flowers from this company, after receiving them and comparing them to the picture (very different than what was actually sent) beside the description I was severely disappointed. I sent customer service the following email: To whom it may concern: Let me say I almost never give negative ratings on line, because this is an imperfect world and I almost always give someone the benefit of the doubt.

Having said this I was EXTREMELY DISAPPONTED with my order from your company. I have enclosed the picture of what I purchased and what was sent. In my opinion this was a very unprofessional job. I expect to hear from your company on this matter by tomorrow or I will put this review on your website along with the pictures and let your other customers decide if they want to do business with this company.

Their response: Good Morning: We regret that you were unhappy with the receipt of your item. After reviewing your beautiful photo, and reviewing the recipe of this particular arrangement all flowers are represented accordingly. Therefore, your order has been approved and meets the Product Description as well as our Substitution Policies. I have attached a copy of both for your viewing.

The key to their answer was that the "recipe" was accurate, but their picture did not match the "recipe". Then why have a picture beside the "recipe" unless to fool the customer.

Not as described
Review #1045884 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1045884.
Featured
1.5

Avasflowers - The damaged my reputation and embarrassed me in my community

I ordered a very expensive and (according the the picture) impressive looking arrangement for a treasured client's major business opening. I was mortified when I saw what was delivered (too late).

So embarrassed. It was a half-assed imitation. It looked like I made it myself. The flowers weren't right, they weren't open, they were all gnarly looking, and the balance/design was all wrong (this was a design BUSINESS opening, over 1000 people saw it).

The card was a handwritten thing, not even nice writing. This went in front of the entire community with my name and my business name on it. I am livid. They returned 1/3 of what I paid.

Should have been a full refund. They should have paid me for the damage they did to my reputation.

That's terrible.

PissedOffSue
Key Largo, Florida, United States #1333778
@Anonymous

Thank you, yes, they did more damage than if they had not delivered anything. I ended up having to apologize to my client for it. Good thing they have been a client for over 25 years, and they like me!!!

PissedOffSue
Tags
I didn’t like
Lied about being local, Did not deliver what they promised, And did not refund
Full refund
Review #1044483 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Avasflowers - Didn't Deliver

I specifically requested an arrangement of camellias for my parents 70th wedding anniversary (the same flowers used in their wedding arrangements). I was charged over $70!

What was delivered was a bunch of carnations stuck in a vase - I could have bought the same at Walmart for $10 This was a surprise, so the recipient did not know what was paid or what was requested. Consequently, I didn't know about this switch until I received pictures from other family members a couple of days later.

Avas has refused to credit or adjust the amount paid even tho they acknowledged what was delivered was not a $70 arrangement. In other words - they don't care!

I didn’t like
Lied to me, Did not take responsibility for their error, Did not deliver what was ordered, Charged for specialty order and delivered cheap, Generic
Full refund
Review #1040772 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1040772.

Avasflowers - Poor Quality of Flowers

Update by user Apr 27, 2017

They had a very unprofessional bouquet delivered that looked nothing like the one I ordered. When I called customer service to complain they said they would send another bouquet.

It never showed up when I called again they admitted dropping the ball. All they offered out of three days of frustration is 15% refund.

In my opinion between the poor quality of the flowers and terrible customer service I expected a full refund. I will never use this company again.

Original review posted by user Apr 26, 2017

I was very disappointed in the quality of the flower arrangement I had sent. It was not even close to the bouquet I picked out online and what they delivered looked cheap.

For $70.00 that I spent it should have looked better. And when I called to complain I was told another arrangement would be delivered and it never showed up. Very POOR customer service. I will never use Avas Flowers again.

There are a lot of floral companies out there but I thought I was ordering from a local florist so I would get better service and quality. Next time I will call ProFlowers and know that I will get the quality that I expect.

isham48
Full refund
Review #1039475 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Avasflowers - Carnations and ugly vase substituted for lilies and a clear vase in a $95 Birthday Arrangement

I sent my mother an arrangement for her birthday that I had previously received from Avas. The arrangement was a combination of all white lilies and roses in a round, low vase.

I upgrade to the deluxe version for $95. My mother received a multi-colored arrangement that consisted mostly of carnations, no lilies and 3 roses. The vase was brown and not shaped the same as in the picture I ordered. While I understand about substitutions, carnations are no where near a substitution for lilies and roses.

I called customer support right away. They were not aware of the substitution, looked into the situation and said they would give me a $9.09 credit. I made 3 calls in total and got no additional resolution.

VERY disappointing and VERY POOR SERVICE!! They should have held the florist accountable.

Price reduction
Review #1035111 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1035111.