1.3

Avasflowers - Unsatisfied costumer

Ava flowers is a scam delivered 12 roses without vase charge . $ 55.63 trying to contact them no answer from them and 24 hour number doesnt answer should have seen reviews first.

Not as described
Review #1046247 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1046247.

Avasflowers - Disappointed to say the least

Ordered flowers from this company, after receiving them and comparing them to the picture (very different than what was actually sent) beside the description I was severely disappointed. I sent customer service the following email: To whom it may concern: Let me say I almost never give negative ratings on line, because this is an imperfect world and I almost always give someone the benefit of the doubt.

Having said this I was EXTREMELY DISAPPONTED with my order from your company. I have enclosed the picture of what I purchased and what was sent. In my opinion this was a very unprofessional job. I expect to hear from your company on this matter by tomorrow or I will put this review on your website along with the pictures and let your other customers decide if they want to do business with this company.

Their response: Good Morning: We regret that you were unhappy with the receipt of your item. After reviewing your beautiful photo, and reviewing the recipe of this particular arrangement all flowers are represented accordingly. Therefore, your order has been approved and meets the Product Description as well as our Substitution Policies. I have attached a copy of both for your viewing.

The key to their answer was that the "recipe" was accurate, but their picture did not match the "recipe". Then why have a picture beside the "recipe" unless to fool the customer.

Not as described
Review #1045884 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1045884.
Featured
1.5

Avasflowers - The damaged my reputation and embarrassed me in my community

I ordered a very expensive and (according the the picture) impressive looking arrangement for a treasured client's major business opening. I was mortified when I saw what was delivered (too late).

So embarrassed. It was a half-assed imitation. It looked like I made it myself. The flowers weren't right, they weren't open, they were all gnarly looking, and the balance/design was all wrong (this was a design BUSINESS opening, over 1000 people saw it).

The card was a handwritten thing, not even nice writing. This went in front of the entire community with my name and my business name on it. I am livid. They returned 1/3 of what I paid.

Should have been a full refund. They should have paid me for the damage they did to my reputation.

That's terrible.

PissedOffSue
Key Largo, Florida, United States #1333778
@Anonymous

Thank you, yes, they did more damage than if they had not delivered anything. I ended up having to apologize to my client for it. Good thing they have been a client for over 25 years, and they like me!!!

PissedOffSue
Tags
I didn’t like
Lied about being local, Did not deliver what they promised, And did not refund
Full refund
Review #1044483 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Avasflowers - Didn't Deliver

I specifically requested an arrangement of camellias for my parents 70th wedding anniversary (the same flowers used in their wedding arrangements). I was charged over $70!

What was delivered was a bunch of carnations stuck in a vase - I could have bought the same at Walmart for $10 This was a surprise, so the recipient did not know what was paid or what was requested. Consequently, I didn't know about this switch until I received pictures from other family members a couple of days later.

Avas has refused to credit or adjust the amount paid even tho they acknowledged what was delivered was not a $70 arrangement. In other words - they don't care!

I didn’t like
Lied to me, Did not take responsibility for their error, Did not deliver what was ordered, Charged for specialty order and delivered cheap, Generic
Full refund
Review #1040772 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1040772.

Avasflowers - Poor Quality of Flowers

Update by user Apr 27, 2017

They had a very unprofessional bouquet delivered that looked nothing like the one I ordered. When I called customer service to complain they said they would send another bouquet.

It never showed up when I called again they admitted dropping the ball. All they offered out of three days of frustration is 15% refund.

In my opinion between the poor quality of the flowers and terrible customer service I expected a full refund. I will never use this company again.

Original review posted by user Apr 26, 2017

I was very disappointed in the quality of the flower arrangement I had sent. It was not even close to the bouquet I picked out online and what they delivered looked cheap.

For $70.00 that I spent it should have looked better. And when I called to complain I was told another arrangement would be delivered and it never showed up. Very POOR customer service. I will never use Avas Flowers again.

There are a lot of floral companies out there but I thought I was ordering from a local florist so I would get better service and quality. Next time I will call ProFlowers and know that I will get the quality that I expect.

isham48
Full refund
Review #1039475 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Avasflowers - Carnations and ugly vase substituted for lilies and a clear vase in a $95 Birthday Arrangement

I sent my mother an arrangement for her birthday that I had previously received from Avas. The arrangement was a combination of all white lilies and roses in a round, low vase.

I upgrade to the deluxe version for $95. My mother received a multi-colored arrangement that consisted mostly of carnations, no lilies and 3 roses. The vase was brown and not shaped the same as in the picture I ordered. While I understand about substitutions, carnations are no where near a substitution for lilies and roses.

I called customer support right away. They were not aware of the substitution, looked into the situation and said they would give me a $9.09 credit. I made 3 calls in total and got no additional resolution.

VERY disappointing and VERY POOR SERVICE!! They should have held the florist accountable.

Price reduction
Review #1035111 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1035111.

Avasflowers - Arrangement Review

A friend ordered a $100 floral arrangement for a viewing...in person it looked like less than worth $50! I am sendind my friend a photo with my recommendation to try and get some of her money back.

I think this is a nationwide discount chain that uses second rate florists ( or keeps most of the money and orders something else) and gets lots of orders by being first on the alphabetical list in any city! I would never recommend them.

Chelsea, Alabama, United States #1314889

They are a sending only call center and not a real florist. They wire orders using the FTD Mercury because Teleflora and Bloomnet have cut them out.

File your complaint with FTD and the FTC (Federal trade commission) the real florist received half what was paid and a link to an unsecured site that doesn't usually open but if it does, shows a picture of what you ordered. 99% of the time it won't open.

Not as described
Review #1032624 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1032624.

Avasflowers - Horrible Flower Shop!

I ordered flowers from michigan for our new granddaughter,I myself have been a florist for 27 years! I looked at Avas website & liked what i saw.

I directly called Avas & spoke to a young lady named Linda. My order was simple,I wanted a Teleflora product Delux. She guaranteed me they carried the keepsake vase. I explained to her that with my floral experience I would certainly understand if they did not have the keepsake vase & I would be fine with ordering something else.

She said no we have it no problem! So,as I ordered,she sent an email to my cell phone confirming the order (mind you I was calling from my business phone) I questioned why she had typed all the flowers out,with substitutions and not just the teleflora name of the actual arrangement? She explained that is the way they have to write up the order! So,the day went on,no confirmation of delivery,then I receive a picture of flowers that I never ordered!

Called Avas only wanting the arrangement replaced,they refused! They addressed me to call them back the next day (inconveniencing me once again) but that they had it all noted in the system. So,the next morning I called. The supervisor,Melanie S.

stated the "designers" who created my arrangement were unable to address the issue & she could not get ahold of them! So,I told her I only wanted the arrangement replaced with the correct order,she said that is not their policy! So,I wanted a refund minus the delivery because understandably it was delivered. She said they could only give back 15% but she'd make an exception & give me 20%!

In all my years as a florist,the first thing we would do is replace an arrangement & pick up the other arrangement! They REFUSED! oh and might I add they offered a $10 in store credit! which I refused because #1 I'm out of state so it does not "apply" to me & #2 why would I shop there again?

This is A HORRIBLE flower shop and should not even be in business!! It's so sad that they do not care if their customer is happy,they would rather just take their money & say "oh well" Karma will catch up real fast with them and I will be SURE to spread the word of this terrible experience!!!

Chelsea, Alabama, United States #1315225

Ava's is one of many sending only call centers and not a real florist. Once people realized how much money Teleflora, FTD and 1800flowers were making, these call centers started popping up all over.

Not to sound rude, but you having worked or owned a florist, you should have known that we don't have every item on our websites on sale. We'd be out of business very quickly. Ava's has two hubs in the US. One in NY and one in NJ.

The real florist, if any will keep the order, receives about half of what you paid for the bouquet. They also have to take their delivery fee out of that total. One example... For Easter Ava's is advertising tulips and irises with chocolate Easter egg candy in a container and a plush bunny for $49.99.

the bouquet contains two bunches of Iris and ten tulips in different colors. Retail at a real florist around $100. The bunny for $15 and candy for at least $10, but they have it all totaled in that $49.99 order. So, a real florist cannot duplicate what you bought at Ava's price.

These sending only call centers are the bane of the floral industry and should all be out of business as far as I'm concerned. I deal with them every day at a real florist and they will hound you all day long regardless of how many times you tell them no. All Ava's sends a real florist is a vague description with a link to a photo that usually won't open because it's on an unsecured web link. The filling Florist then fills the order by the description given to the value of the money they received.

The best way to avoid these call centers is to scroll down the search page until you see local numbers and addresses.

Those will be your real florists. Most of us have also dropped our 800 numbers since long distance is free with most phone service providers.

Not description of order
Review #1031761 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1031761.
1.6

Avasflowers - A Fraud

Ordered from a company marketed as a local florist. Come to find out, they are not local at all.

Policy states flowers may be substituted but the same make and feel will be the same. Not at all! After contacting several customer service people, some with the title manager, only heard from one stating my flowers were fine per policy and refunded me $10 from a $90 order. After that I couldn't get anyone to respond.

The one thing I really wanted from the arrangement was the purple vase.

These flowers were for my mother's 70th birthday and purple is her favorite color. You can see from the photos, that the flowers didn't even begin to look or feel like the advertised photo.

Full refund
Review #1031371 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1031371.

Avasflowers - The absolute WORST COMPANY to deal with

My mom ordered flowers (bouquet and orchid) to be delivered for my 40th birthday. She also ordered balloons and cards.

Her total was ~$215. The items that were delivered were worth no more than $60. The orchid that was delivered are what you find in your local supermarket for $20. The customer service manager I spoke with was EXTREMELY rude.

She had NO compassion at all. Toward the end of my conversation with her, I mentioned that I would outreach to ensure leadership gets wind of how they treat customer and her tone changed. She did a 180. The hold time is insane.

I spent >1hr on the phone with them and spoke to the reps for no more than 12 minutes. The rest of the time was spent on hold. They get paid to leave consumers on hold. I plan to make complaints on every board possible until someone from their leadership team outreaches to me.

This company should not even be in existence. Their business model is savvy (outsourcing to local vendors for delivery. Possibly a 80/20 payment shift) , but somewhere along the line, they lost the sincerity and customer service that should be present in their industry. I had to pressure the rep to reimburse my mother for the purchase.

Her response "we can offer you $14 back (YES - $14) and a $20 gift card for a future purchase. Beyond laughable!!! I insisted that that was an insult and beyond ridiculous, so they offered me ~$100 back and had the florist come to pick up the arrangements the following day. The credit has not been issued as of yet.

I wonder if Matt Neuenhaus or anyone on his ELT is aware of how consumers are being treated. The entire operations needs to be revamped. Just awful. Please take my word of advice and order elsewhere.

Even 1800Flowers in much better. Sandy White

Jordan354
Entire service
Full refund
Review #1030142 is a subjective opinion of poster.