Avasflowers - Worst Floral Arrangements I'd ever seen

I ordered two Floral Sprays for my Uncles Funeral and gave specific instructions for what the Ribbons should say and what the card should say ; The Ribbons looked like kindergarten kid did it and the cards where written completely wrong ; wrote from wrong people, and the most upsetting were the Floral Sprays , they look like wilted and so few flowers I could have done better going to a side walk vender at a fifth of the price! I DO NOT RECOMMEND AVAS FLORIST IF THEY WERE THE LAST FLORIST ON EARTH,THEY SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEM SELVES TAKING ADVANTAGE OF PEOPLE WHO JUST LOST A FAMILY MEMBER !

I didn’t like
Custom service and flowers, Flowers were awful
Full refund
Review #1131185 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1131185.

Avasflowers - Horrible service. HORRIBLE.

I ordered flowers online yesterday right at 2pm and was promised same day delivers through out my order. I received conformation of my order, and again was promised same day delivery there too.

I waited the rest of the afternoon and continued to check on my order status, and it continued to say it was unknown, but that it was scheduled for delivery that day. At 8:30pm I decided to call customer service. They didn't seem to know where my order was and told me to hold tight and they would call/email me back with more information. Never did.

At that point I was planning on calling and complaining because the flowers were a good amount of money and I paid for the good service. The next morning at 10 am I received my flowers and was a little relieved until I saw what they looked like... which was NOTHING like what I ordered. AND on top of that, they spelt the recipient's name wrong and I also got the wrong vase that I paid for.

Calling customer service was even worse. Every time I complained, they put me on hold because they probably didn't know what to say. They offered me 10 dollars in store credit... no thanks.

I told them I'd never be ordering from them again and asked for my money back once again. In the end, it was painful to even continue speaking with them so I settled with the refund of the vase as well as 10 percent back. I will never be ordering from them.

How are they even still running with these many negative reviews. Horrible.

Agriffin4830
Reason of review
Problem with the entire process.
Full refund
Review #1116706 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Avasflowers - A Rip Off

My advice, do not order from here. I've been telling my husband to abandon ProFlowers and to go with a local florist to support the local community.

This anniversary, he thought he contacted a local florist and ordered a bouquet in a vase. I thought it was lovely, 5 roses, a handful of daisies, and a few carnations. Not extravagant, but lovely in a very nice red vase. When I brought the vase home he was gutted.

He explained that he spent $94 dollars and was shocked how petite it was. I too was shocked, I thought he spent maybe $40 dollars, not almost $100! The reality is, Avas collected his $94 dollars and sent the order to a local florist. Avas is not local, they advertise the neighborhood, but they are just like ProFlowers and they send the order out to a local shop.

The reality is, whoever that local shop is skimmed off at least $25-$30 dollars of my order, pocketed that part, then put together a $40 dollar arrangement. I called Avas to complain as I worked in a flowershop for years and know how this works. He's sitting in New Jersey, I'm in Los Angeles. Yet they advertise local neighborhood family run business.

My advice to anyone, don't order from here. Your money goes like this - they pocket a portion of the order and then send it out to a local shop. The local shop pockets a portion of your money because they don't see you as "their" customer, but someone else's. Then, they pocket an additional amount for "delivery", which is usually a ridiculous charge.

They try to make a profit out of that too. I suggest going to google maps and calling a local florist - talk to them and make sure they won't rip you off.

Go to yelp and other reviews first. There is nothing worse then feeling like you've been ripped off when all you wanted to do was brighten someone else's day.

Read

Oh no, the real florist only received half of what your husband paid and Ava's kept the rest. How do I know? We deal with these call centers every day.

Pricing issue
Review #1115815 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1115815.

Avasflowers - Very disappointed!!

Ordered some flowers from this company for a Visitation at Patton Funeral Home in Brownsville,Ky yesterday,ordered them Friday evening,a premium fall arrangement in a green vase(no picture available) well,first of all delivery status never said flowers were delivered and when we got there and seen they had been I was very disappointed and embarrassed,it looked like a child had taken a couple bundles of the cheapest flowers and stuck them in a vase and tied a small bow around some of the flowers in the middle and a bow around the vase...very very unprofessional and no way worth the 70$ I paid

Read

You paid$70. The real florist received half with no delivery.

Avas isn't a real florist but a sending only call center.

You won't know that because they advertise as local. They have call center hubs in NY and NJ but are located somewhere oversea.

Bad quality
Review #1112233 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1112233.
Featured

Avasflowers - Terrible Flowers, service, scam!

Paid for expedited shipping, showed up 6 days late. not an email, not a phone call.

They refused to cancel and give us a refund. Customer service was terrible. It sounded like they kept repeating something from a script. Please check the reviews in yelp.

I have no idea how this place has such high ratings on what they claim are multiple sites. But thats also probably false advertising. Also the arrangement looked like something you pay $15 at the local grocery store for. Not the $90 I paid.

Will never order on here again, ever. Check the pictures posted on yelp for more of how terrible they are.

That looks awful.

Thanks for the heads-up.

sloflo
Fees, Product, Quality, Delivery
Full refund
Review #1099720 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Avasflowers - They said they were sorry

Called and placed a same day delivery order on August 15 for two dozen roses with Mylar balloon which flew away when the delivery person got out of theire car. Delivery finally arrived it was 4 roses with 3 carnations and greens for $ 100.00 Called customer service and they were sorry and would correct the order and it would be delivered the following day guarenteed which did not happen it is now August 19 and 25 phone calls later and since they shipped it out UPS with the wrong address their fault the correct order will not arrive until August 21 it's around 100 degrees. After I was told I would have to call UPS myself to find out the delivery status of my order and attempting to escalate my complaint they finally called and canceled my order and would refund my money hopefully.

Read

I wouldn't wait too long for that refund. Remember how quickly they were able to take your money in the first place. A few days , max.

I hope you paid for this via credit card ; they are your next and best recourse.

How disappointing.

Multiple lies
Problem with delivery
Review #1089675 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1089675.
2.6

Avasflowers - No balloons

Ordered flowers and balloons for my wifes bday they delivered the flowers no balloons was told they can deliver the balloons the next day thanks alot for nothing yours truly Gary odom sr.

Order processing issue
Review #1066221 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1066221.

Avasflowers - Flowers were not what I ordered and no balloons

I ordered hydrangea and 2 balloons and the flowers delivered were all white and no balloons and a complete run around from the 800 number and the local florist who would not make it right or refund me Cornelius florist rude too

Not as described
Review #1063349 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1063349.

Avasflowers - The worst customer service ever experienced!

I can't believe a business as poor as this could exist! I ordered two arrangements for my wife's memorial service...it was delivered as one arrangement...not anything close to what I ordered and couldn't even get the name correct that I spelled out for them.

Their webpage is extremely misleading as it makes you think you have contacted the local florist. Even when I specifically asked to talk to the local florist, I was lied to. They are NOT an FTD member florist as their webpage would imply and any follow up service is non-existant.

I will cancel payment as my only recourse, but does nothing to right the situation. DO NOT order anything from this service...you will be very dissappointed.

Read

I spent $127.00 for a vase of flowers for a wake. Was promised a beautiful bouquet.

a small bouquet of drooping, half dead flowers were delivered! When I complained to the BBB, via E- Mail I received a call from Avas saying I would receive a 20% discount. I refused. A few weeks later I received another call offering $40.00 off.

$87.00 for half dead flowers? I told him "NO"! I am very angry about the half dead flowers.

Should have looked "behind" their impressive website. DO NOT USE THIS Florist!!!!!

Avas is a paid member of FTD. This allows them to use the FTD Mercury system to wire orders to local florists.

However, they misrepresent you, their customer, with what they sell on their website and what of your money they send to a real florist. Most reputable florists will not deal with them as they are one of many sending only call centers. They have two hubs: one in NY and one in NJ but are located somewhere overseas. You can always contact FTD and file a complaint with them.

They are already not allowed to use the Teleflora Dove system and the Bloomnet system from 1800flowers. The more people complain to FTD, the more likely they are to ban Avas from using their system. It gives FTD a bad name to continue to let these throw-off call centers use their Mercury system to wire out orders to reputable florists. Teleflora, FTD and 1800flowers are also sending only call centers, so always try to call your local florists.

Look for actual local addresses and local phone numbers, not 800 numbers. Some of these call centers will advertise in your local yellow pages phone directory. When searching online scroll down until you see local numbers and addresses.

These call centers are the first ones that list on the search engine. Hope this helps.

Poor customer service
Full refund
Review #1056528 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1056528.
1.1

Avasflowers - Duped Consumer

We ordered a beautiful arrangement of tulips for my husband's mother. We received a notice that they were delivered yesterday, however it was odd because she didn't call.

When we called her this morning she was glad to know who sent them...NO note? Okay whatever...but this is why we are so dang mad.....we ordered tulips, but instead she received an arrangement of cheap flowers that I could have picked up for under $10 at a grocery store and thrown in a vase. This is a total scam! DO NOT order through this service!

Just find a local florist and order directly from then. Forget this middleman of an Internet service that doesn't give a *** about your order, but sure likes to take your money!

San Jose, California, United States #1328709

I'm fighting the same battle / requested Friday delivery / no show / no show on Saturday / called to cancel order on Sunday and I was told I would get an email confirmation - that didn't happen - next call promised a text follow up - didn't happen - today Monday fighting with them once again for refund confirmation

Not as described
Review #1047013 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1047013.