2.8

Avasflowers - DO NOT USE Ava's Florist

If I could give a zero rating I would. WORST FLORIST I've ever used.

False advertising. Ordered a beautiful PREMIUM 2 candle Christmas centerpiece for my sister with Roses and lillies. She received a small arrangement of mostly carnations and 3 roses no bigger than a lunch plate with one candle. I've been going round and round through phone calls and emails to complain and all they offered me was a $5 coupon towards a future purchase.

No thank you.

AVOID Ava's Flowers. They are crooks!

Debonair
Not as described
Review #1163173 is a subjective opinion of poster.
2.0

Avasflowers - Poor communication and poor quality

Ordered two funeral arrangements - sent them some messages to confirm they understood the cars messages - no response. I did send another message to chance the delivery date - no confirmation bir they were delivered on correct date.

Both arrangements were disappointing- will mot order from them again. I ordered the premium size.

The red-white blue was wilting, spraw and sloppily constructed. The colorful arrangement was anbit fuller however quite sloppy looking

Read

Just so you know, Avas funeral arrangements are made of silk flowers, not live, and most of their floral arrangements are a combo of live and silk flowers. In case you wonder how I can tell that...

Thirty years working with both live and silk flowers. They aren't local either and are a sending only call center. The reason your flowers are smaller than what you ordered is because silk and live don't compare unless the silks cost an arm and leg. The realistic silk are expensive.

The other reason is because they wired a real florist about half of what you paid without a delivery fee added to the total. See the infmational post listed below to get more information on call centers.

Not as described
Review #1160928 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1160928.

Avasflowers - Scam

how does this company even stay in buisness ? You promise one thing and deliver complete garbage .

If a person makes a purchase for what is advertised then give them that product . how hard is it to send what people pay for . I will continue to contact as many sites as possible until the company gives me what i paid for. how are u gonna send flowers that have not even bloomed ?

and just take it upon yourself to customize the accent flowers and not contact the customer to be sure thetas ok with them ?

crooks . not mention i even upgraded just to make sure the arrangement was gonna be beautiful

Read

Complain to your attorney general, the FTC and FTD. Avas uses the FTD Mercury system to wire orders to real florists across the country.

Avas is a sending only call center and not a real florist. Almost all of their arrangements are made out of silk flowers so they look more fluffy and all of their sympathy arrangements are made of silk.

See the informational post listed below. It's full of useful information to help you find the real florists.

I strongly agree! I also was scammed by them!

pissedjake44
I didn’t like
Any of their standards, Not what i wanted, Lie about delivery, And did not refund
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered
Review #1149090 is a subjective opinion of poster.
1.5

Avasflowers - AVAS FLOWERS BEWARE!!!

Avas Flowers, sent the ugliest flower arrangement to my 91 year uncles funeral. It looked NOTHING like what I ordered.

I ordered dark purple and white roses in a low square vase with dark unusual greens. What I got was 3 yellow roses and a couple of peach carnations in a tall vase all spread out and sparse. It honestly looked like a $10 grocery store bouquet in a $1 vase. Not the $70 arrangement that I paid for.

They advertise "FREE SHIPPING" yet charge a $17 service fee. They are located in NJ and lie and pretend they are a local florist, they outsource like everyone else. I had to call and email 5 times, they NEVER apologized even after I sent them photos and after hours on the phone they refunded me $10 with NO APOLOGY.

I am so appalled. I DO NOT RECOMMEND AVAS FLOWERS!

Read

Ava's isn't a real florist but a sending only call center. They use the FTD Mercury system to wire orders all across the country.

Their call center is located in NJ and there are no local Avas anywhere in the US except the call center in NJ. Regardless of what you paid they wire a local florist about half with a bland description of the order. They also include a link to a photo but it usually won't open because it sets off security software as it's an unsecured link.the real florist that keeps the order sends what they can for the money they received. Most real florists won't deal with these call centers and refuse the orders.

Always scroll down the search page until you see local phone numbers and addresses. Those will be your local florists. All of the first listings are call centers and there's a lot of them out there.

Real florists won't advertise everywhere but call centers do. File a complaint with FTD as well as the FTC.

I didn’t like
Poor quality, Quality of the flowers i ordered, Fact the customer service representative never apologized
Full refund
Review #1132652 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1132652.

Avasflowers - Worst Floral Arrangements I'd ever seen

I ordered two Floral Sprays for my Uncles Funeral and gave specific instructions for what the Ribbons should say and what the card should say ; The Ribbons looked like kindergarten kid did it and the cards where written completely wrong ; wrote from wrong people, and the most upsetting were the Floral Sprays , they look like wilted and so few flowers I could have done better going to a side walk vender at a fifth of the price! I DO NOT RECOMMEND AVAS FLORIST IF THEY WERE THE LAST FLORIST ON EARTH,THEY SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEM SELVES TAKING ADVANTAGE OF PEOPLE WHO JUST LOST A FAMILY MEMBER !

I didn’t like
Custom service and flowers, Flowers were awful
Full refund
Review #1131185 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1131185.

Avasflowers - Horrible service. HORRIBLE.

I ordered flowers online yesterday right at 2pm and was promised same day delivers through out my order. I received conformation of my order, and again was promised same day delivery there too.

I waited the rest of the afternoon and continued to check on my order status, and it continued to say it was unknown, but that it was scheduled for delivery that day. At 8:30pm I decided to call customer service. They didn't seem to know where my order was and told me to hold tight and they would call/email me back with more information. Never did.

At that point I was planning on calling and complaining because the flowers were a good amount of money and I paid for the good service. The next morning at 10 am I received my flowers and was a little relieved until I saw what they looked like... which was NOTHING like what I ordered. AND on top of that, they spelt the recipient's name wrong and I also got the wrong vase that I paid for.

Calling customer service was even worse. Every time I complained, they put me on hold because they probably didn't know what to say. They offered me 10 dollars in store credit... no thanks.

I told them I'd never be ordering from them again and asked for my money back once again. In the end, it was painful to even continue speaking with them so I settled with the refund of the vase as well as 10 percent back. I will never be ordering from them.

How are they even still running with these many negative reviews. Horrible.

Agriffin4830
Reason of review
Problem with the entire process.
Full refund
Review #1116706 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Avasflowers - A Rip Off

My advice, do not order from here. I've been telling my husband to abandon ProFlowers and to go with a local florist to support the local community.

This anniversary, he thought he contacted a local florist and ordered a bouquet in a vase. I thought it was lovely, 5 roses, a handful of daisies, and a few carnations. Not extravagant, but lovely in a very nice red vase. When I brought the vase home he was gutted.

He explained that he spent $94 dollars and was shocked how petite it was. I too was shocked, I thought he spent maybe $40 dollars, not almost $100! The reality is, Avas collected his $94 dollars and sent the order to a local florist. Avas is not local, they advertise the neighborhood, but they are just like ProFlowers and they send the order out to a local shop.

The reality is, whoever that local shop is skimmed off at least $25-$30 dollars of my order, pocketed that part, then put together a $40 dollar arrangement. I called Avas to complain as I worked in a flowershop for years and know how this works. He's sitting in New Jersey, I'm in Los Angeles. Yet they advertise local neighborhood family run business.

My advice to anyone, don't order from here. Your money goes like this - they pocket a portion of the order and then send it out to a local shop. The local shop pockets a portion of your money because they don't see you as "their" customer, but someone else's. Then, they pocket an additional amount for "delivery", which is usually a ridiculous charge.

They try to make a profit out of that too. I suggest going to google maps and calling a local florist - talk to them and make sure they won't rip you off.

Go to yelp and other reviews first. There is nothing worse then feeling like you've been ripped off when all you wanted to do was brighten someone else's day.

Read

Oh no, the real florist only received half of what your husband paid and Ava's kept the rest. How do I know? We deal with these call centers every day.

Pricing issue
Review #1115815 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1115815.

Avasflowers - Very disappointed!!

Ordered some flowers from this company for a Visitation at Patton Funeral Home in Brownsville,Ky yesterday,ordered them Friday evening,a premium fall arrangement in a green vase(no picture available) well,first of all delivery status never said flowers were delivered and when we got there and seen they had been I was very disappointed and embarrassed,it looked like a child had taken a couple bundles of the cheapest flowers and stuck them in a vase and tied a small bow around some of the flowers in the middle and a bow around the vase...very very unprofessional and no way worth the 70$ I paid

Read

You paid$70. The real florist received half with no delivery.

Avas isn't a real florist but a sending only call center.

You won't know that because they advertise as local. They have call center hubs in NY and NJ but are located somewhere oversea.

Bad quality
Review #1112233 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1112233.
Featured

Avasflowers - Terrible Flowers, service, scam!

Paid for expedited shipping, showed up 6 days late. not an email, not a phone call.

They refused to cancel and give us a refund. Customer service was terrible. It sounded like they kept repeating something from a script. Please check the reviews in yelp.

I have no idea how this place has such high ratings on what they claim are multiple sites. But thats also probably false advertising. Also the arrangement looked like something you pay $15 at the local grocery store for. Not the $90 I paid.

Will never order on here again, ever. Check the pictures posted on yelp for more of how terrible they are.

That looks awful.

Thanks for the heads-up.

sloflo
Fees, Product, Quality, Delivery
Full refund
Review #1099720 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Avasflowers - They said they were sorry

Called and placed a same day delivery order on August 15 for two dozen roses with Mylar balloon which flew away when the delivery person got out of theire car. Delivery finally arrived it was 4 roses with 3 carnations and greens for $ 100.00 Called customer service and they were sorry and would correct the order and it would be delivered the following day guarenteed which did not happen it is now August 19 and 25 phone calls later and since they shipped it out UPS with the wrong address their fault the correct order will not arrive until August 21 it's around 100 degrees. After I was told I would have to call UPS myself to find out the delivery status of my order and attempting to escalate my complaint they finally called and canceled my order and would refund my money hopefully.

Read

I wouldn't wait too long for that refund. Remember how quickly they were able to take your money in the first place. A few days , max.

I hope you paid for this via credit card ; they are your next and best recourse.

How disappointing.

Multiple lies
Problem with delivery
Review #1089675 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1089675.