Avasflowers - Avas Flowers is the worst company I have ever done business with.

Do not do business with this company, they are scam artists.The bouquet I sent was supposed to be valued at $87.99 and it looked like something from the grocery store valued about $25.00.

They offered a 45% discount if you ordered from them in the next 41 minutes! This brought down the total for the bouquet to the sale price of $52.99! The bow looked like something from the Dollar Store! They repeatedly refused to honor my order for the flowers that I was supposed to get and insisted that I got what I ordered.

I am reporting them to "ABC 7 On Your Side", consumer advocates, and reporting them to the Better Business Bureau, etc. They advertised free delivery and then snuck in a "Handling Charge" of something like $11.95. They also charge $2.99 for a small card that said who was sending the flowers. These were hidden fees that just happen to come up on the final page of the order.

Most florists offer a free small card to place in the bouquet, but not this company. The total price came to $64.63. No bargain here and you could do much better going to Safeway and picking up a nice bouquet!. Or better yet, support your local Florist!

I feel I was scammed by these people, first by their ad indicating they were Sebastopol Florists, and second by the inferior bouquet of flowers that were delivered. Avas Flowers turned out to be a "clearing house" like FTD, but not nearly as good and was not clearly disclosed as such. They are actually located in Mahwah, New Jersey. Had I known up front I would never have done business with them.

Instead they were deceptive about their location and their hidden fees. The old adage goes here, if it looks too good to be true it probably is too good to be true! Buyer beware! They advertise like they are a local Florist when you search for a Florist online in a particular city.

There are many negative reviews on FaceBook and they average 1 star! Their company page states they are rated 5 stars, a blatant lie!

I wish I would have researched FaceBook before I ordered the flowers.I could not find them on Yelp.com.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Reason of review:
Not as described
Preferred solution:
Deliver product or service ordered
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Review category
Flowers / Florist
review #913139

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Avasflowers? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.