Avasflowers - Avas Flowers is the worst company I have ever done business with.
Do not do business with this company, they are scam artists.The bouquet I sent was supposed to be valued at $87.99 and it looked like something from the grocery store valued about $25.00.
They offered a 45% discount if you ordered from them in the next 41 minutes! This brought down the total for the bouquet to the sale price of $52.99! The bow looked like something from the Dollar Store! They repeatedly refused to honor my order for the flowers that I was supposed to get and insisted that I got what I ordered.
I am reporting them to "ABC 7 On Your Side", consumer advocates, and reporting them to the Better Business Bureau, etc. They advertised free delivery and then snuck in a "Handling Charge" of something like $11.95. They also charge $2.99 for a small card that said who was sending the flowers. These were hidden fees that just happen to come up on the final page of the order.
Most florists offer a free small card to place in the bouquet, but not this company. The total price came to $64.63. No bargain here and you could do much better going to Safeway and picking up a nice bouquet!. Or better yet, support your local Florist!
I feel I was scammed by these people, first by their ad indicating they were Sebastopol Florists, and second by the inferior bouquet of flowers that were delivered. Avas Flowers turned out to be a "clearing house" like FTD, but not nearly as good and was not clearly disclosed as such. They are actually located in Mahwah, New Jersey. Had I known up front I would never have done business with them.
Instead they were deceptive about their location and their hidden fees. The old adage goes here, if it looks too good to be true it probably is too good to be true! Buyer beware! They advertise like they are a local Florist when you search for a Florist online in a particular city.
There are many negative reviews on FaceBook and they average 1 star! Their company page states they are rated 5 stars, a blatant lie!
I wish I would have researched FaceBook before I ordered the flowers.I could not find them on Yelp.com.
More Review Details
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Absolutely the most embarrassingand unsatisfying place I have ever ordered from. They show beautiful bouquets and arrangements, and then when you or who you're sending to receive an embarrassing..."
- "So as someone who has purchased flowers online for years I found this page full of Avas Flowers complaints. The more I read, the more I laughed. How could these..."
- "I ordered the Premium Autumn Expressions bouquet and the flowers that were delivered look nothing like the arrangement that I ordered. It should have been fall colors. Also,..."
- "Our storage unit was broken into in October 2016 - the thief was caught in plain sight by my wife, as the thief was bringing stolen possession out of the..."
- "https://www.carsforsale.com/vehicle/details/26917254 THIS IS FAKE DO NOT FALL FOR THIS ***! Person trying to sell it goes by the name Brianna Linnetti. There is no possible way anyone would sell a..."
- "I'm not usually one to put businesses on blast on the internet BUT - Ridge Crossings Apartments is a joke of place to call a home, neighborhood, or property management..."
- "Was hit by a driver with a suspended license (FELONY HIT & RUN) 'totaling out' my 1997 Suburban. I had 'added the suburban to my existing policy' when I purchased..."
- "I purchased a roketa 50cc from countyimports.com. I thought it all looked legit. I was way off. it took 4 to 5 weeks to get my scooter and i live..."
- "This is the 2nd time I've ordered from this company and they make it VERY difficult to communicate with them. Probably hoping that you will give up! I ordered..."