Absecon, New Jersey
5.0
Turnaround Time

I know there's a lot of negativity about Avas Flowers and some of the reviews I've read on here don't even look legit!So I felt compelled to write about my POSITIVE experience!

I ordered some flowers through Avas Flowers for my mother-in-law's birthday. Not only did the flowers arrive on time (a day early to be exact), she sent me a picture of the flower arrangements and told me they really brightened up her day! So am I happy with Avas Flowers? You bet I am!!

Thanks Avas, you made me and my mother-in-law two happy costumers!!Thank You AVAS!!!!

Reason of review: Good quality.

Had an Experience with Avasflowers?

Comments

Last Sunday was my husband and mines first anniversary.Since we were going to renew our vows in church on Sunday (4/26) he ordered two different items.

One order was for a small bouquet or group of flowers that I could hold in church. The other was supposed to be a multi flower arrangement. He told the girl that he trusted her judgement and wanted me to have a nice Anniversary arrangement with multiple flowers in it. She told him she would send something in a basket.

The first flowers that were delivered to me at work were 6 white carnations with 1 stem containing 3 white lilies from a Sentry food store in the area. 1 lily was open, 2 were closed. No baby’s breath, no greens, just 7 white flowers. I called my husband to thank him and he told me there were supposed to be more flowers.

About 2 hours later the receptionist walked in carrying a huge basket of flowers. I was just appalled because they were no doubt a FUNERAL ARRANGEMENT! It had sprays of gladiolas and snap dragons along with some lilies, daisy’s and the ugliest tiny pinkish red carnations, some of which were dead! Everyone was stunned at how hideous they were and even our florist said she would be ashamed to send those to anyone.

The really sad part about this is my mother had recently passed and I had buried her two week prior! The last thing I wanted to be reminded of was the funeral and now I had another funeral arrangement!! I was so embarrassed and hurt because everyone was...

As it turns out the first flowers I received in the vase, were the ones I was supposed to carry at church!

Really?? Was I supposed to keep them in the vase or carry the wet stemmed flowers down the aisle?

The whole ordeal was horrible, as I was made at my husband, he was sad because he wanted to make it a wonderful first anniversary and now here I was crying because I received funeral flowers.

He called Avis right away demanding a refund or that they be picked up and replaced. They said they would and that someone would call me to apologize but that never happened. He called again Monday and was told all they could do was issue him a $9.95 refund.

Yesterday the money for the flowers came out of our bank account and they charged him $160.00!!!

I was stunned that they could send just garbage and then charge that much so I called. To make a long story short, the woman I talked to said she would issue a $9.95 refund and $20.00 store credit. This is unacceptable!! I told her I wanted the cost of the funeral arrangement refunded since she did admit that the arrangement I was sent, The Basket of Memories was a funeral arrangement.

She said she couldn’t talk to me about prices of money and that my husband had to be the one she talked to. I gave her his cell number and she promised to call him but she never did! So now we’re stuck with a $160.00 bill and a funeral arrangement. I will report this to the BBB and give this company lots of free advertising.

I will also go to another site and give this review and post pictures of my funeral arrangement with the dead crappy flowers.Bottom line, DON’T BUY FROM AVIS!

Was sent a pic of a big basket with green plants guess they thought i wouldnt be at the funeral service i got there to find a plastic 6 inch pot wrapped in purple paper and 2 tiny green plants and may i mention they charged me $78.00

You wont get your money's worth

Matt
Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States #955294

Delivery of a sympathy Flowers Basket was delivered on short notice and was Absolutely Beautiful.

Would order from them any time . I was in Minnesota and could not make my Brother James Funeral. His wife sent me a picture of my flowers - gorgeous.

Matt Riesgraf

Livingston, Texas, United States #934700

The order was perfect and on time, the only issue I have is they flat refused to send me a receipt for some reason, loads of run around, said that my order did not exist yet the credit card was billed LOL.. And the flowers were delivered..