2.9
Style and Design
Turnaround Time

I wanted to send a friend tulips to mark the first anniversary of her daughter's death, and the company advertised they could do so. They did call to let me know they could not produce more than five tulips, and would make a bouquet of mixed flowers.

They were delivered on time but without instructions or water, so several wilted quickly. My friend, an artist and photographer, made as nice an arrangement as possible, but I remain angry and disappointed after being assured the flowers "followed the recipe".

Do these flowers look like $75 to you? Never again would I use this company, not for any reason.

Product or Service Mentioned: Avasflowers Bouquet.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Speed of delivery.

I didn't like: What was delivered.

Comments

Indianapolis, Indiana, United States #1265743

I know how you feel. I had to send flowers out of state.

I don't like the FTD book because they charge a lot for getting your order to the florist on the receiving end who then makes up the bouquet. Florist #2 NEVER has the pretty vase, teacup, or pitcher in the picture, and a lot of substitutions occur. I call the best florist in the destination city and say designers choice and give my color preference. They use flowers in season and usually they come up with a fuller than expected arrangement and will include a card with whatever sentiment you wish.

Having said that, I got a lot of what I consider filler flowers, like carnations and gladiolas. I paid almost $100. But if you want a LOVELY arrangement these days, better start in the 200-250 range, like $50 used to be. After I paid for mine, I walked into our Wal-Mart and saw the freshest, most beautiful big full roses-- a dozen for $14.

Some days you get the beat and some days the bear gets you. A tip if you are sending to an out of town funeral, but are not attending, call the funeral director and ask him to recommend the best local florist and then when it's delivered have him text you a photo. I have had good luck doing this and good people are happy to help ALL the bereaved--not just the immediate family.

Last Mother's Day, I received flowers from 1-800-Flowers and they came from California to Indiana in a box in the vase with full instructions, flower fresh packets, packing was amazing and they looked like I had stepped outside in my own garden and gathered a bouquet.

Beautiful!