1.1

I ordered flowers two days before Thanksgiving. Ava's Flowers boasts Same Day Delivery.

They were also advertising a huge sale 45% OFF and Free Delivery. So I figure I will spend $45 on an arrangement which would have been originally over $70 (would make it $40) plus the free delivery, right? I told her I want the total cost to be around $45. The telephone reps are outsourced to Philippines, and communication is possible but not easy or smooth.

So after I tell her these requests: Christmas colors; no roses. (Simple, right??) She says it will be $67! I told her, NO I told you I will spend around %45. She said, "The bow is $5" So I said, never mind, that is too much...

flowers were just a token to a distant cousin for Thanksgiving Day. So the immediately discounts it down to $57 and *** the bow (???) So then I said, that is too much. And she gets it down to $54 or so. I am mad, but I figure, maybe it will be beautiful.

So Thanksgiving Day arrives, my cousin's wife texts but does not mention flowers. Next day, I get an email from Ava's. They were too busy to deliver on Thanksgiving Day, so they will "try" to deliver on Friday or Saturday. Friday and Saturday pass, no flowers.

So today I called Ava's and they said they were too busy so they did not deliver the flowers!!! BUT before I got that stunning information, I was left of hold for 10 minutes before getting disconnected!!! Furious, I called back and had to wait again. So the girl (another outsource to Philippines) gives me a bunch of canned responses.

She then says they will try to deliver tomorrow!!!! Mind you, this was for Thanksgiving Day, and the flowers will be at least 4 days after the occasion!!! So I said, "You know what, cancel the order, and I will order from a more reliable florist!" She says she can't cancel the order because she has to make a request to the designers, who are off today! I said, I am not making a request, I am demanding a refund!

She said, she has to follow protocol and make a request. Absolutely UNACCEPTABLE BUSINESS!! At no time did they advise me that they would deliver at their convenience. What the heck???

She said they were very busy so they could not complete the orders. I said, "Listen, that is not MY problem!" If they cannot promise delivery, they should not take any more orders!

HORRIBLE, TERRIBLE, RIDICULOUS COMPANY... THEY BOAST 5 STARS ON THEIR WEBSITE BUT DID NOT ASK FOR MY REVIEW.

Review about: Avasflowers Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Comments

Thank you, Anonymous. I am now educated to call centers who call themselves "local." After much aggravation and time on the phone, I did manage to get a full refund yesterday.

I then called a truly "local florist" in St. George, Utah. They do not take orders from Avas Flowers call center.

For about $10 less, I was able to order a beautiful arrangement which will be delivered. It is too late for the Thanksgiving table, of course, but hopefully, it will be a lovely surprise for the First of December.

I appreciate your articulate and objective comment, and I will certainly continue to scroll down to find REAL local florists in the future.

to Donna #1397646

You're quite welcome.

Ava's isn't a real florist but a sending only call center and one of many. Real florists do not offer high discounts and free delivery only happens on orders going to the funeral home or walked across the street.

Most real florists won't deal with these call centers and refuse orders wired from them. The real florist receives about half of what you paid for the order. When searching for a real florist scroll down the search page until you see local numbers and addresses.

Those are the real florists. See the informational post listed below to read more about call centers.