Avasflowers - Flowers never arrived

I ordered flowers to be delivered to my sister on April 30th. They never arrived.

Around 7pm I called and was told they had been delivered. After arguing with customer service they checked and said sometimes the driver marks them as delivered when he loads up and they should be there by 8pm. They didn't arrive. The next day I called and was put on hold 9 minutes just to be cut off.

I called again and again was told they had been delivered.

After 15 minutes on this call I demanded a refund. I haven't seen it yet, maybe it's with the non existent flowers.

CleanSwallow
Problem with delivery
Review #1247447 is a subjective opinion of poster.
2.0

Avasflowers in Cold Spring Harbor, New York - I ordered Get Well flowers for my Great Aunt who is very sick and may not survive this illness

My first order said the flowers were delivered on Thursday April 26th. I never heard from my Aunt or Cousin.

On Friday early afternoon I called and they did not get the flowers. I called Avas and was told Florida never got the order. I requested she got an upgrade to her order. I thought it was an upgrade of the flowers I ordered.

Later I found out it was not. I was told by the guy who I called the order would be delivered on the 30th. I called and no flowers. Avas said due to the larger order it would take longer.

I was not sure why. I checked the next day and found out the flowers came from NY and from UPS. Hummm. A family owned business that ships out of NY???

The person on the phone said they did not know what time their delivery guy started deliveries. He never said it was UPS from NY. I am not happy it was the wrong flowers and I am not happy it was not a local florist. I feel I was not treated fairly.

I was just glad my sick Aunt got the flowers before she passed away or ended up in the nursing home.

I am also glad these were not flowers for a funeral. Good luck with your future services.

BigWren
153 Main St, Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724, USA
Origional value, Web photos, Ordering process
I didn’t like
Product deliver, Options for non delivery, Late delivery, Product, Thought it was a local site
Full refund
Review #1246068 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Avasflowers - NOT DELIVERED - BAD

I received a text message that order was delivered. I called the support phone line and went through the cycle and got a confirmation message that order was delivered.

I received an email that order was delivered at 4:20 PM. As of 7:11 PM the order was NOT delivered. I called and finally got in touch with an actual representative that tried to reach the local delivery person and was unable to reach them or confirm the delivery - despite the text, email, and phone messages that it was delivered. The flowers were to be a surprise, but since I called after I had three forms of confirmation that the flowers had been delivered when in fact they HAD NOT, the surprise was ruined.

Still have NOT been delivered as of 7:13 PM - so DO NOT USE AVAS FLOWERS. They charge $18 for every order to ensure proper delivery and handling - but obviously they do NOT, so just an $18 mark-up for no service or proper delivery and multiple inaccurate messages regarding delivery.

ElasticFoxTerrier
Full refund
Review #1241166 is a subjective opinion of poster.
1.8

Avasflowers - Poor Customer Service

Initially when I called on yesterday I was needing assistance ordering a nice flower online for a funeral. The young lady assisting me told me that since I was having so much trouble I would get the ribbon or bow free.

She stated she would put it in the notes. Somehow we got disconnected and I tried calling back several times. The customer service representative I was connected to on the fourth occasion had poor communication skills. There were people laughing and talking in the background I attempted to ask him to check the order by the Pin# but he stated he would have to start the order over.

But from the questions he was asking he was already looking at the order. Then I asked for a supervisor and when he came on the line I asked his name. He paused in his conversation for at least a minute and then he began to be rude. I was unsuccessful in placing my order with them so I went back online to try and place it.

I then called in twice to ensure the order was correct and the person told me they were not able to see the order and it wasn't. I then went on to look a reviews of the Ava Flower company which some made me even more alarming. I feel if I paying $96.93 I should be getting something nice and assured that it will arrive on time as I requested it with the cards and bows.

I have been unable to get in touch with another customer service person. Please see the attached phone calls made to Ava Flowers.

MomentousAfricanPenguin
I didn’t like
Deceptive not local actually a call center, Customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Review #1232939 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Avasflowers - They suck

Don’t use them! They do not have same-day service they don’t even have service I ordered three days in advance for a birthday delivery found out the day before the birthday they couldn’t deliver it they gave me a $10 credit said they would deliver the next day the next day it didn’t deliver it get delivered and then by that time it was Saturday and my daughter wasn’t working they checked on it so we can’t deliver it today I said I don’t want it delivered I want a refund they have no idea what the *** they’re doing

Problem with delivery
Review #1228664 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1228664.

Avasflowers - They are a criminally fake "local" florist.

They advertise as a local mom & pop florist, offering great discounts and free same day delivery. In reality, nobody knows their actual location.

After all the supposed discounts, they tack on a hidden $25 fee. Then they call, stating one of their trucks is down, and the delivery will be the next day. 15 minutes later, they send a email, stating there was another delay, and it would be delivered in 2 days instead.

I didn't think I needed to scour the internet to find an honest damned florist!!! I won't hold my breath, waiting for them to resolve this.

OverconfidentSloth
Order processing issue
Review #1228045 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Featured
1.2

Avasflowers in Mahwah, New Jersey - Dont order from them

the flowers arrived 3 days late and were not at all what I ordered.

I notified them and all the said is they would give me store credit.

I asked them to take back the bad arrangement and deliver what I ordered they refused and again offered me store credit. I will never order from them again...

below is a picture of what I received verses what I ordered- the crap they sent I could of bought in a store for 10$ I paid 80$ for this.

I don't know why the want 100 words for someone to say how bad they suck!!!

oh and the "store credit" never actually gets sent to you either in all I was offered over 40$ but no email showing the credit voucher. not that I would ever use it but just a fyi it is bs....

WoozyAlligator
Nada
I didn’t like
Failed to provide product, Quality of the arrangement, Not what i wanted, Fraudulent phone promises
Poor customer service
Full refund
Review #1219170 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Avasflowers - Never trust this company. They lie!!!

On line they say “same day delivery”. I call .

Confirm that they have an Easter lily that can be delivered that day. “ Yes, yes of course we can.” “Yes, we have them in stock”. They send me an email 2 and 1/2 hours later saying they didn’t have Easter lilies but they could substitute a peace lily, if I could call. I call and negotiated for a cut flower arrangement that could be delivered that day.

thinking all was well, I went abut my day, only to find that they had emailed me an hour after the second phone .

Their time they tell me, that the delivery will not be made for 2 days! *** will freeze over before I use this company again.

Read

You should have checked this website prior to purchase ; the subject company receives very little but terrible reviews similar to yours... I see 16 complaints at the bottom of this page alone.

EatableRay
I liked
There offer for same day delivery
I didn’t like
Non-delivery of product ordered and no refund given, Deceptive not local actually a call center, Worst service ever and dishonest in my opinion
Reason of review
The deceit of the customer service followed by emails that basically ignore what I asked to have done
Preferred solution
This is delivered on Monday morning and in addition I get $50 returned for the inconvenience and trouble involved in resolving . Also, I want a picture of what was actually delivered.
Review #1218903 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Avasflowers in Mahwah, New Jersey - Incorrect sympathy card

Ordered Peace Lilly for an out of town funeral in WV. Below is the message on the card.

"As you grieve now that we are sending our love and condolences ‘mutch’ love always, Gail Uncle Bud and Family.“

This is an incorrect message, no one in the family by that name. There was nothing on the card or envelope to indicate my name or message, “sympathy from Don and Becky (Leo) McMahon. So no one from the family knew that the flowers were sent by me and they had no idea who “Uncle Bud” was. It was my intent to have the flowers and card sent to express my sympathy during the viewing and before the funeral. Instead my condolences were not expressed at this time of grieving.

I am 100% dissatisfied with this service and the product was not delivered with the message showing it was from my family. The expression of sympathy from me was the most important part of my sending the flowers. This opportunity is forever lost to me.

I have called the company multiple times and have had no success in getting a full refund. I will not be ordering from them ever again. They will tell you that there was a mix up from the florist who was given the order or the funeral home, but i have proof that they put the incorrect information down on the card. Their customer service is terrible and after speaking with multiple company representatives over several days, I have turned everything over to my Visa card company in the hopes that they file a dispute and get me a full refund. I was 100% dissatisfied with this company and I would like a 100% refund.

CircularAlligator
I didn’t like
Deceitfulness, Would not issue full refund
Poor customer service
Loss
Review #1218697 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Avasflowers - FAILED TO DELIVER FLOWERS TO FUNERAL

THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM! STAY AWAY

On a TUESDAY I wanted to place an online order for funeral flowers for FRIDAY. I googled local florists, and Avas came us as local in Annapolis (turns out they are not)

The online form wasn't working, so I was forced to call in the order. The man who helped me asked me WHAT Time is the funeral. I said 3:30. Deliver by 2pm. Guests arrive between 2:30 and 3 for a 3:30 funeral.

ON the day of the funeral I received an email confirming delivery ACTUAL DELIVERY DATE: 3/23 ACTUAL DELIVERY TIME: 4:33 PM. ARE YOU KIDDING? AFTER THE FUNERAL IS OVER????? This is NOT acceptable.

What's worse? when I contacted the grieving family, they said NO FLOWERS were received. They are crooks and liars.

When I called to inquire, they stated that the flowers arrived a little after 3:10 (STILL NOT ACCEPTABLE), and that the email was wrong. (WHAT?). They refused to provide evidence of that, and refused to let me speak to a manager.

Then I emailed, and spefically explained that I already called and spoke to Elisa,(probably overseas) and WAS NOT HELPED, when I asked for a manager, she said they were all busy. I said I would wait. She said I could not. I asked to be put on hold and wait. So she did and then came back and said "nobody is available" I'll take your number and the manager will call you back.

And you guessed it, nobody EVER called me back.

When I emailed I asked to speak to a manager/supervisor and got an email back saying," How are you. I see one of our employees helped you already!" THEY ARE PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE and unwilling to help.

There is no customer service.

This business is a scam and should be shut down. They ripped me off for $92 and what's worse, my sentiments of sympathy didn't get expressed at a difficult time. Stay away!

QuickCat
I didn’t like
Service, No flowers delivered after i paid for them, Worst customer service, Entire experience
Full refund
Review #1218033 is a subjective opinion of poster.