Avasflowers - Don't order from Avas Flower

This is an overpriced company that did not deliver the correct flowers. When I called back and told them what happened, was told they could go out and pick up the flowers and bring different ones.

No one ever showed up to pick up the flowers and I spent over 4 hours dealing with this. They apparently don't have a supervisor available and no one can do anything!! Save your money and go to Trader Joes or somewhere else and make your own arrangement!!!!

So the company has never called me and I still have the wrong flowers and no credit to my account! This is ridiculous.

Read
Review #1318745 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1318745.

Avasflowers - Do not use this company

I ordered flowers for my moms birthday on thursday and Avas said they would delivery the flowers the next day between 3-4. Got a call from Avas at 2, saying they wouldnt be able to delivery the flowers until Tuesday, but for an extra 5 bucks they could delivery them Saturday.

So i paid the extra 5 bucks, to get the flowers to my mom on her birthday. I got a call saturday from Avas once again, saying they wouldnt be able to delivery the flowers as promised. And they could do it Monday.

This place is a joke. I believed this place was an actual florist.

But come to find out, they are just a company who gets their floral arrangements from local florist. Avas charges you one price and goes to a local florist and buys the cheaper arrangement and delivers that instead.

Read

Avas is a call center located in NY. They wire orders to real florists using the FTD Mercury system.

Real florists are aware that Avas is ripping people off by showing you bouquets you think you will be getting and giving the real florists bland descriptions of the flowers that are in the bouquet. Most real florists won't deal with call centers and will refuse the orders.

Others do the best they can with the description they are given. I've been in the floral business thirty years and deal with these call centers every day the shop is open.

Review #1315460 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1315460.

Avasflowers - Embarrassed by puny funeral arrangement

When I paid about $150 to send flowers to honor my dead friend, I expected to get my money’s worth. Instead, I was embarrassed to find at the funeral home a puny arrangement not worth $70.

It stood next to other, huge floral stands, the few flowers insufficient to cover the stand's ugly wire legs. How pathetic a tribute to my friend. Never again. I paid a comparable price to a local Houston florist and received a beautiful stand full of gorgeous red roses.

What a rip-off.

The satisfaction guaranteed policy of store credit or a replacement will never substitute for a job done well in the first place.

No wonder Avas did not send me a picture of the arrangement (like the local florist did). Assuming that I would arrive to find an appropriate tribute for my $150, I drove 50 miles to suffer embarrassment.

Read

All of Avas sympathy arrangements are made of silk flowers. Their excuse when you complain is that it's a representation of what you might receive.

Avas is a sending only call center located in New City, NY. They wire orders out for about half of what you paid and a lot of the time won't find a real florist that will accept orders from call centers. We deal with them every day and I've been in the floral business for thirty years. When doing a search for florists scroll down the page until you see local addresses and phone numbers.

Those will be your local florists. Place your complaint on Trust Pilot as well.

There is an Avas rep who comments to the posts, but be aware that Avas will always make it sound like it's not their fault. Include your order number with the complaint.

UnderstoodKingPenguin
Tags
I didn’t like
Did not deliver what was ordered
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Review #1309578 is a subjective opinion of poster.
1.4

Avasflowers in Traverse City, Michigan - Bad results.

The promise in the ad to supply same day service did not happen. Which is why I chose Avas Flowers.

Needed the flowers delivered on Sunday, July 8,2018.

Ordered them on Saturday July 7 th . NOT EVEN SECOND DAY ,but THIRD DAY !!!

Not Acceptable, Can not recommend them from my retail business !!! I expected at lease the second day service to the funeral home on Sunday, now they will be delivered to the funeral home Monday when the service will be at the church .

The famiy will not even see the flowers I have paid top dollar for . I am very disapointed with the ad , clearly stating that Avas is the number one in prompt delivery and best satisfied customers.

HeadyFlyingSquirrel
I didn’t like
Not same day service, Not second day service
Review #1298313 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Avasflowers - This company is horrible.

I ordered flowers online from Avas Flowers I called to make sure everything was as I ordered was told no problems. This was flowers for a funeral of extended family.

They called back 30 minutes before the funeral and Oh they could not get them to the funeral on time they would deliver them to the family home later in the day.

Then found out they hadn't been delivered called the company back and they would be delivered the next day.

I am so mad.

They have not done a single thing they said they would and now the family thinks I didn't care enough to send my sympathy.

NumberlessSparrow
I didn’t like
You failure to deliver my order, Worst servi
Problem with delivery
Full refund
Review #1288663 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Avasflowers in Mahwah, New Jersey - Bait and switch. Fifteen tulips purchased, generic bouquet delivered a day late

I was furious to see the photo of "Spring Tulips" which cost almost $80. They were delivered a day late.

I had to ruin the surprise by calling my sister so she could give the delivery person directions. I was so disappointed when my sister sent a photo of the pathetic bouquet that finally arrived. When I complained I was offered a 20 percent discount on my next order. I demanded a refund.

I have yet to hear back from them. I would certainly never order from AVAS again.

I thought I had reached a local Prineville florist but was directed to AVAS, leading me to assume they simply provided a web presence for the local florist. I'll never make that mistake again and call directly to a local florist.

ClassicMongrel
No refund
Not as described
Full refund
Review #1270200 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Resolved
2.8

Resolved: Avasflowers - They Couldn't Fill Order, then CHARGED ME!

Update by user Jun 02, 2018

I received a call from the manager of the florist after I sent them an email letting them know why I was making a complaint. He said he was going to issue a full refund after reviewing my order.

THANK YOU! RESOLVED!

Original review posted by user Jun 02, 2018

TODAY, I ordered a Fruit Basket that was marked as "SAME DAY DELIVERY" for my son & daughter-in-laws anniversary. They are in Youngsville, NC for their niece's graduation and will be leaving tomorrow [actual anniversary date] to go home in Nashville, Tennessee.

I thought the fruit would be nice to snack on! In less than 30 mins. an Avas employee called and said they could not fill the order b/c it wasn't 24 hr. notice.

WHY ADVERTISE SAME DAY if you won't honor it????? They wanted to send flowers or a plant. GIVE ME A BREAK!!!! They WOULD NOT GIVE A FULL REFUND, yet the problem was with them, not me!!!

CUSTOMERS BEWARE!!! USE ANOTHER FLORIST!

Read

I followed your suggestions and received a call from the manager of the florist. They are issuing a FULL REFUND! THANK YOU!

ThreateningFox
Tags
I didn’t like
Whole buying experience, Lie about delivery, Fee charged yet could not fill item advertised same day delivery
Poor customer service
Full refund
Review #1270097 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Avasflowers - Very unhappy with Ava's Flowers

I ordered flowers for my granddaughter on May 22, 2018 and was told they would be delivered that day by 3PM. No flowers.

I called to flower shop and was told they had been delivered to the receptionist desk. Not true, no reception desk. They then said they had contacted Caroline and made arrangements to deliver on the 23rd. Not true, She never received a call.

They then delivered late evening on the 23rd a red and white arrangement, ordered pink, and the rose petals were beginning to wilt and fall off. Half a day on the phone with various people and they assured me she would receive a pink arrangement on the morning of 5/29. She did not.

I have paid for flowers which she has not enjoyed and I am very unhappy. Will not use this service again.

ThreateningFox

I wish I had seen this post before I had my terrible experience with Avas Flowers. 1-800-Flowers should not use them.

AustereHimalayan

Beautiful pink roses delivered this afternoon. Thank you for resolving this. She is very happy and so am I.

AustereHimalayan
Poor customer service
Full refund
Review #1267432 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Avasflowers - F.U.service

Order flowers for a friend in Tennessee from Springhill Avas Flowers they stated next day delivery and it took them two weeks to get them to her. They were not the ones I ordered and after many calls they said they were going to upgrade at no extra cost,from $80.00 cost to $94.00 cost.

Since they had sent me many e-mails stating many different dates they would be delivered they said they would credit my card to the tune of $14.95 woopie!

The flowers arrived finally and they were not and upgrade if anything they were a down grade. Never again will I use Avas Flowers they can

Bad quality
Review #1262015 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1262015.

Avasflowers - Poor flowers. Stay Away

I paid $94 dollars for a beautiful bouquet by picture and they sent a poor substitute without the balloons I ordered as well. The bouquet looked like a $4 bouquet from a grocery store.

I have tried emailing 5 times in 4 days and tried calling but was on hold for 15 mins. Stay away from this florist. I send flowers all the time and due to new location of family member, I thought I would try them. I read some of the reviews on the website and so far from the truth.

After you purchase, there is no way to leave a review.

Must be all made up. This is the worst bouquet and vase I've ever seen and am embarrassed that this was sent under my name.

Read

Have your bank or credit card company to reverse the charges. I was credited within a week.

Explain everything in detail. Provide invoice if available.

Photos are helpful as well. Good luck!

GroundedMoth
Full refund
Review #1258151 is a subjective opinion of poster.