Avasflowers in Jersey City, New Jersey - Took forever to order and service and product was incorrect

I ordered cookie cakes to serve 25 people and balloons for my daughter's birthday. Avas' designer did not deliver correct quantity.

Also, they only provided 3 inferior balloons. First problem is Avas customer service rep kept me on hold forever to place the order and still didn't fulfill. When I called to let them know the order was not correctly fulfilled, I was placed on hold again. Supervisor didn't apolozise for mishap.

They overcharged me and wouldn't refund or fulfill the correct order. The customer service manager's only concession was 10% off. I paid $91 for a small cake that barely had enough slices for 10. The fulfillment and customer service was poor in that they seem to think it was fine that they stole from me.

This is petty theft at best.

When you order sight unseen from a florist and expect to receive the correct quantity and quality, it is too bad that they are willing to risk their reputation for a few bucks. This is a nationwide florist but service is the name of the game. The service, product and integrity of the company is the name of the game.

The customer experience is what is more important than most everything you can provide. I am sorely disappointed that my daughter was so embarassed as more than half her guest were unable to share in the birthday cake.

Read

Avas is a call center with two locations in the U.S. - One in Mahwah, NJ and the other in New City, NY.

They take your order, charge more than you expected and then send a real florist in the area you need delivery about half of what you paid them. Any florist who keeps the order, and most of them won't accept orders from Avas, they then have to divvy up the items needed to fill the order based on the amount of money Avas wired them. Avas uses FTD Mercury system and the Teleflora Dove system to wire flowers, but they are in no way affiliated with these companies (they pay fees to use the wire systems just like real florists do) There are a lot of these wire centers out there and they are the first listings to show up on a Google search or other search engine. To locate the real florists, scroll down the page until you see local phone numbers and addresses.

Those will be your real florists. Hope this helps.

IllustriousGreatWhiteShark794
Problem with delivery
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered
Review #1385371 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Avasflowers - The worst experience ever

I placed a order for my friends Father's funeral on Friday to be delivered the next day . Called in the same day to ensure the flower will be there before the funeral at 11.

The person I spoke to talked to the flower shop and ensured me that the flower would be delivered that day which was friday because it was ready . I was charged for the flower and after asking my friend if the flower was recieved she informed me that she did not get anything. I then called back to Avas customer service to ask why my flower wasn't delivered. The person I spoke to told me that she would have to call to see what happened before she could do anything.

After holding on to phone for over 10 minutes she came back to say that the florist didn't answer the phone and she had no further information for me but they could try to redeliver the flower . It is 5 days past the original delivery date and the funeral was clearly over.

BlandShihTzu935
Review #1378427 is a subjective opinion of poster.
1.7

Avasflowers - DONT ORDER FROM HERE

they delivered dead and wilting roses and when I complained about the 120$ I spent, they gave me a 14$ credit. I didn’t want money back, I wanted them to fix the problem and deliver a new fresh bouquet that I PAID FOR.

OvalSunBear
Review #1372437 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Avasflowers in Billings, Montana Province - Horriable

Called and ordered flowers for our dying sister and asked for same day (Friday) service. Seemed to be no problem.

Then everything happened apparently. We called and called and keep being cut off, we had no order number. I responded to an e-mail that I received but no further response was given. When 7pm Friday came and no delivery we waited until Saturday morning to contact Avas.

Then it was discovered no order had been places. So, we went with the lady helping us and reordered for same day service on Saturday. Avas called back saying there was no way they could be delivered on Saturday. We then cancelled the order.

There was a hold on our banking account and Avas said it would disappear and if it did not to call 855-536-8156 and they would take care of the charge.

We then called 1-800-Flowers and had flowers delivered within 4 hours. Today Avas charged our account and delivered the cancelled flowers.

CriticalHummingbird
1848 Grand Ave, Billings, MT 59102, USA
I liked
I was extremely unhappy and still am
Full refund
Review #1358326 is a subjective opinion of poster.
1.6

Avasflowers - If you want to *** your wife off get her flowers from Ava

Got a text and an email telling me the flowers had been delivered, they actually arrived 4 hours later and what a disapointment they were!!! I paid $84 for the large sized arrangement, there were 8 flowers and a bit of frilly stuff.

While waiting for the missing flowers I purchased a $12 bunch of flowers from Krogers so I had something to give my wife, turns out they were more impressive than the Ava's flowers (check out the pic) I can't imagine how small Ava's small and medium arrangements are!

so far Ava's have offered me a $15 discount on my next purchase stating the flowers were acceptable in their opinion...….. Needless to say I'll be taking them up on that offer just as soon as *** freezes over.

Chris Slee

VoluminousSiamese
I didn’t like
Anything about avasflowers
Bad quality
Full refund
Review #1357350 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Avasflowers - I feel like I was lied to when I asked about the status of my delivery.

I ordered flowers for a family member on Wednesday afternoon. I was told they would be delivered the following day (Thursday) by 11 am. I was ok with that. At 12:20 pm Thursday I was talking to Carlos in customer service asking about the delivery status. First he told me that the designer wasn’t able to get the arrangement made by 11, then when I questioned further he then said that they were short on delivery drivers. I asked Carlos which story is it? He did everything to skirt the issue. Then when I asked to speak to a supervisor my call went straight to the customer survey. (I guess that’s one way of hanging up on a customer.)

So I immediately called back and spoke to Alex. He said the flowers were out for delivery and should be received anytime. I told him about my experience with Carlos and he was not receptive to smoothing over the situation. I then asked to speak to a supervisor, he put me on hold briefly, then came back to say the supervisor was busy with other people. (Did he really go looking for a supervisor?) I asked that the supervisor call me back. So far, no call. (It’s Friday 8:15 am) I don’t expect to hear anything. Alex did say that he would give me a 10% discount on the order. I asked for that to be emailed to me immediately. I haven’t seen it yet.

Both Carlos and Alex used the excuse of a language barrier.

I will never order from Ava’s again. Poor, poor customer service.

I didn’t like
Fraudulent phone promises, Poor customer service, Customer service reps not able to communicate well in english
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Review #1349028 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1349028.

Avasflowers - Rip Off

I ordered a dozen red roses for a friend, what she got was a mixed arrangement worth about half of what I paid these crooks for, they suck you in with pretty pictures and promises of quality, and service, then when they get your money they just deliver whatever they want too. Red roses are most likely the most purchased flower in the country, and to substitute a mixture of flowers that could just be bought a Walmart for 1/4 the price should be criminal.

On top of that tracking the delivery is a joke, at 8:00 P.M.

they still had no idea as to the delivery status of the flowers, and the had been delivered around 2:30 in the afternoon. They should not be allowed to do business, and lie to and rip people off.

Read

Avas is a call center and not a real florist. They wire your order to a real florist for about half what you paid them.

A dozen roses cost about$60 at most florists, more in some states and are always higher during holidays when florists pay a lot more for them. Tack on at least $10 for delivery and the minimum a real florist would need is $70. Scroll farther down the page to find your real florists. They will have local phone numbers and addresses.

With Avas you're always going to get the smaller arrangement no matter which one you order and all of their sympathy arrangements and a lot of their vase arrangements are made of silk flowers. I've been a floral design specialist for 30 years and can easily tell the difference.

The same thing happened to me. I got something completely different from what I ordered and they delivered something sparse and embarrassing.

I'm out $75 too. Never gain!

tobyhigdon
Not as described
Full refund
Review #1324921 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Avasflowers - Terrible

“ terrible service !!! First and last time I order from this place .

I order for my wife and they took almost 2 days to deliver , they went to the wrong house , then they say they will deliver in the morning and they went till 4 pm to drop them off, yet they charge me right away to my card . I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE PERIOD!!!

Btw: the lady that drop them off told my wife “ you want them or not “ with a very ugly attitude .

WaitingNewfoundland430
Review #1324662 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Avasflowers - Late arrival

Ordered my mom flowers because it would have been her and my dad's 51st wedding anniversary and he passed away last year and this afternoon she is attending another memorial service for somebody else as well they told me they would have the flowers delivered by 11 when she left her house and they failed to do so. I am so angry I cried.

I wanted her to have them before she left her house and started her day to have a smile on her face for the struggling day ahead and they failed me after telling me they were running 40 minutes late.

If they weren't going to be able to deliver the flowers on time like they told me they should have told me so I could have found another place that would have been able to accommodate my needs. I will never ever use their services again

EmptyEdibleFrog
Review #1321195 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Avasflowers - Way to ruin a special occasion

I ordered flowers for a special occasion on 7/31/18. The flowers did not get delivered to my friend on 8/1/18( the driver thought she was a patient) NO!

She's an employee and they just opened up a new Cancer Center. The phone rep said he would have them delivered on 8/2/18. Driver claims he delivered them...turns out it was delivered to the wrong building (even thought i gave instructions)Today is 8/3/18 the driver claims it was delivered to her office.. she never received them.

This is pathetic! And the reps on the phone have no sympathy for anyone. I'm starting to believe this was a scam.

I hope I get a refund for this. I do not plan to ever use this site again hope people read this

FranticCapybara
Loss
Review #1320528 is a subjective opinion of poster.