Avasflowers in Wilmington, North Carolina - Floral delivery request that was a disaster.complete SCAM

Update by user Mar 14, 2013

Just an update. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau of New York.

They were very receptive, even though Avas Flowers is not a member. They contacted Avas Flowers. I received a message back from BBB that Avas has not responded to their request. They ask me if there had been a resolution.

I sent a response to BBB that there had been no resolution from Avas...NO refund of money...NO return of phone call...NOTHING!!! BBB will note in this in their file about Avas Flowers. At least that is something. I also filed with the New York City Chamber of Commerce.

EVERYONE should do this!!! At least it is something.

Avas IS a MEMBER of the Chamber of Commerce!! Greater New York Chamber of Commerce

20 West 44th Street, 4th floor New York City, NY 10036 P 212-686-7220 THis company needs to be stopped!!!!

Original review posted by user Feb 08, 2013

I ordered an flowering plant to be delivered for my daughters birthday and It was NOT delivered. I was charged $65 dollars.

I tried for 2 days to call and was transfered and hung up on 10 times and was put on hold for hour. When I did get a human on the line I was transferred again. I would report this company to the Better Business Bureau but apparantly even the BBB won't accept them....THis Company is a COMPLETE SCAM!!!! Do not do business with them.

They should be charged with fraud. This is totally ridiculous that they get away with it.

patricia28405
Review #322317 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Avasflowers in Indianapolis, Indiana - Dave Trimpe

First, I got only half of the flowers I ordered, second, they were brown and appeared to be half dead. Pretty much ruined the surprise for my wifes anniversary, You then tried to make up for it with sending more flowers which were'nt even the same.

I could have bought the same at my local Kroger for about 8.99. As stated in previous correspondence that I had already replaced the flowers on my own and wished for a refund. Instead without notifying me they sent more of a lesser flower which my wife and I thought was very tacky.

I'm sure this won't make to your website but thanks for nothing and ruining the surprise. I have learned my lesson.

Loss
Review #322049 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer322049.

Avasflowers in Portland, Oregon - No action, just nothing.

I ordered flowers for overnight delivery on 2/1. The weren't ever shipped and via the UPS tracking I could see for days that there hadn't been any action at all.

I received a "How was our service?" Style form email on 2/3 and immediately responded that they hadn't even been shipped and that I wanted the delivery fee refunded. A response from the company said that they were sorry and that the charged were reversed. Called 2/4 because it still hadn't shipped and was reassured by Jennifer, a representative, that they would be guaranteed to be received by the following afternoon...she also doubled the size of the vase and reconfirmed my refund. It's been three days and nothing has happened.

I have called, emailed, and rues he'd out a number of times. Jennifer no longer answers her extension. I finally was able to speak to someone after four or five times calling and being routed to a hold ***. I explained my story and he said he'd be happy to help.

He put me on "hold," which actually was back in the *** and eventual,y disconnected. I just contacted my bank to dispute the charges and will do anything in my power to expose this company as fraudulent.

Loss
Review #322018 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer322018.

Avasflowers in New York, New York - Avas Flowers

Ordered flowers online and paid in full. Flowers were not delivered.

Called 4 times and the Avas customer NO service could not find order, transferred me to different departments and when I did get a hold of a human, they hung up on me. I emailed the complaint and filled out their customer complaint section of their website but no-one has returend a call or email. So they have chareged my business credit card and I cannot cancel or get a refund from these jokers. Filed a compaint with the Better Businss Bureau.

Of course they are not an accredited busienss. They barely speak English and you have to repeat yourself over and over.

What a scam. Do not order from www.AvasFlowers.Com

Loss
Review #321756 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer321756.

Avasflowers - Beyond mad

I ordered flowers for my friend's birthday days in advance to be delivered. They were never delivered and I spent 2 days for hours calling to find out what was going on.

The call center was not able to help, couldnt tell me anything, and kept transferring me to "someone who could better help me", just to listen to dead air for hours. I then sent emails and took days for a response, then offered to deliver at a later date or store credit! Are you kidding me???? You missed the birthday!

I responded to the email to never get a response, and called the call center again. I was told then, I would be issued a refund in 3 to for days. So more of a wait!!

No apologies, nothing at all to make up for their mistake after mistake. I would never reccommend this place to anyone!!!

Loss
Review #321720 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer321720.

Avasflowers - Unable to get delivery confirmation!

Ordered flowers on a Sunday for a family member who lost a sister. Wanted the flowers delivered the next day.

Was told that they would send a delivery confirmation and it is now Wednesday and still not confirmation. Have made 3 calls concerning this and, of course, they are unable to contact the delivery person, or the shop the original order was made with.

Was also told that I was speaking to a person directly connected to the "local" florist where the order would be made, but being it was a Sunday, I was speaking to the answering service. I will dispute this charge and please, save yourself any aggravation and don't use this flower shop website.

Loss
Review #321689 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer321689.

Avasflowers in Providence, Rhode Island - Flowers not deliverd to Funeral

I ordered a $132 standing basket of lilies for my best friend's father's service. I paid expedited shipping to have it arrive on the day of the service before 10 am.

I received word from my friend and confirmation from the widow that the flowers were never delivered. How humiliating and heartbreaking!!. I called and spoke to a few rude "customer service" agents and waited on hold for almost 30 minutes to get a refund.

There was no offer to make amends on top of the credit by sending something to the widow free of charge to make up for their error. Will NEVER use again!!!

Loss
Review #321650 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer321650.

Avasflowers in Canton, Michigan - SCAM!

I wanted to send flowers to my friend because she got a huge promotion at work. I shopped around online and found avas. I put in my info for 10 gerber dasies. I then saw the CRAZY shipping cost and canceled the order. I got a confirmation 2 hours later for an order for $40.

I called the company and told them I did not authorize this order and to cancel it. They said they would put in a ticket and it would be canceled on the following day ( monday) the man who wrote the ticket was named Mark and gave me a confirmation number. He also stated that i would hear from someone via email by 10;00 am on Monday.

I did not hear form anyone. By 4:00 p.m. I called back inquiring about the cancelation. Someone named valerie answered and clainmed to have never heard of anyone named Mark working at their company and could not find my ticket number. She said it was too late and the order was already processed and sent. Again this was an order that I NEVER AUTHHORIZED.

I continued to call where I would get put on hold and then be disconnected. The last call I made was at 7:30 p.m. I was placed on hold and at 8:05 someone picked up and informed me they were closed and I should cll back during normal business hours.

I gave up and figured it was a lost casue but at least my friend would get some surprise gerber dasies to congratulate her for her promotion.

WRONG! I find out that flowers were delivered to my friend's house. Her name is Barb. This was on the box. When she opened them there was a card for someone named Abagail. The flowers were 2 stems of baby's breath or lilly of the valley. Either way they were the wrong flowers and sent to the wrong person.

I called once again. After being rudely talked to and placed on hold several times. I was told that since my order was delivered there was nothing they could do. MY ORDER WAS NOT DELIVERED.

I will now have ot contact my credit card and dispute the transaction. I have never ever made a dispute in my life and am disappointed that I have to make on e now because of this company.

Loss
Review #321583 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer321583.

Avasflowers in Tuscaloosa, Alabama - Won't deliver flowers I ordered

I ordered flowers on line on a Sat to be delivered Mon. Mon I received an email saying they tried unsuccessfully to deliver.

I sent an email and called them Mon evening. Then on Tuesday they sent the same automated email that they tried to deliver. I have never had this problem with a florist. I am appalled and furious.

I have emailed and called Tuesday. They put me on hold for an excessive length of time.

I am concerned that this may not even be a florist but just a scam. I plan to report to Better Business Bureau.

Loss
Review #321522 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer321522.

Avasflowers in Houston, Texas - WILL NEVER USE COMPANY AGAIN!

I ordered Birthday flowers for my best friend yesterday... Paid the extra money to have them delivered by 11:00 am this morning...

GUESS WHAT, Its 3:05 and my flowers have still not been delivered. NEEDLESS to say, my best friend has already left work and did not receive her birthday flowers. I called the SUPER UNFRIENDLY UNHELPFUL 1-800 number and was told the same story every single time... We are unable to get a hold of the driver.

Not to mention the fact i was transferred ALL over the place, hung up on numerous times, asked to speak to a supervisor time after time in which they would hang up on me instead of letting me speak to a manager ....

POOR POOR POOR Customer Service! WILL NEVER USE THIS AWFUL COMPANY EVER AGAIN!

Houston, Texas, United States #740203

I ordered flowers for a funeral. I WILL NEVER EVER USE Avas Flowers again!!!!!!!!!!

I hope this helps out the next person thinking of using them. The arrangement I selected from the picture on their website was NOTHING like what was delivered to the funeral home. Paying $2.99 for a card, is a waste of money, I was thinking it was an actually card with nice writing like a greeting card. Just someone's handwriting with the words you have given.....you are better off buying your own greeting card.

This was my 1st time buying flowers from offline, to me it is all about customer service & how you treat your customers. If you knew you couldn't supply me with the arrangement that I actually selected from the pictures that are on your website.....I consider this FALSE ADVERTISEMENT!!!!!!! When people are buying offline and a picture is what is presented to them as the product they are wanting, I think they should get it. What is sad the picture I saw was nothing like what arrived at the funeral home.

Even the colors were different. When I contacted them to see how would they compensate me for this error, I was not PLEASED at all. They say they have a right to make SUBSTITUTION on your order. My picture had a stand with it, but ofcourse Avas says that was the funeral homes responsibility & the funeral home stated it was the flower shop's responsibility.

The flowers were a different color sent to the funeral home based on the actual picture I saw on Avas website. My thing is why not notify the buyer that you don't have something on hand to fullfill the order the way the buyer excepts to receive it. Than let the buyer know, instead of making changes without notification. All I was offered was some rewards points......I don't order flowers often, so this is HORRIBLE to me.

What happened to a percentage off your next purchase, or I will send you back a portion of your money for order not being correct????? I'm sure there are better flower shops out there that will give you what you pay for, BUT Avas is NOT a good flower shop. Browse online & actually make a purchase at your own risk.

You have BEEN WARNED, this is the one located in Houston, TX!!!!!! Plus, my mistake I should have read up on them before making a purchase, because now I see they do have some compliants.

lmorrison711
Loss
Review #321490 is a subjective opinion of poster.