Featured

Avasflowers - Rotten, moldy flowers

They are terrible. Service is bad, and they mislead.

They are scammers. Delivery dates are not met, and flowers, when they finally arrive a day late, were rotten, moldy, and falling apart on the day they were delivered! All the horrible reviews are correct. After several days of screw-ups, flowers were ordered on Sat.

for Monday, and when I tracked delivery discovered it was for the next Monday 9 days away! After several incredibly frustrating phone calls, in which I was repeatedly cut off after 15 - 20 minutes on hold, I finally got the delivery straightened out. When the flowers were delivered I found out they were horrible! Nine of the 17 stems were covered with mold and falling apart.

I was sent photos showing a mass of falling apart rotting flowers, covered with clearly visible mold! After another nightmare getting to talk with someone on the phone I did get promised a refund, but I had to argue that I would NOT except a credit, and will NEVER do business with them again.

Damaged or defective
Review #1079299 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1079299.
1.4

Avasflowers - Horrible!!!!

This company is horrible as well as their customer service! You will do better just buying flowers yourself from a store!

First and last time I will ever do business with them! Buyer beware!

Poor customer service
Review #1079143 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1079143.

Avasflowers - Terrible do not believe their sameday delivery since they d

I ordered a flower arrangement on line for a same day delivery for a friend wedding . They promised to deliver before 7:00pm and the flower never came .

Called them beck to ask for next day delivery to set by 8:00am the next day . Still did not come so I am not sure now that it is ever delivered and it would be late for my friend wedding.

During all this time I had to call back several times to check the status and each time I was asked to wait on the phone for a long time without the answer. Very bad experience with this florist and I would not recommend anyone to trust their ads

Problem with delivery
Review #1077860 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1077860.
1.8

Avasflowers - PERFECTLY UNACCEPTABLE

I ordered an arrangement of two dozen colored roses; they were delivered "dry" without a vase and without water. This is perfectly unacceptable and I have contacted American Express to deny payment to AVAS Flowers, as, contractually, a vase was part of the purchase and, as such, it was a fraudulent delivery.

I did not receive the product I purchased. I read bad reviews in abundance online AFTER I used this service and am very sorry for not doing so beforehand. There is no excuse for this kind of service. The telephone operators are clearly not fluent in English and are trained to bug you into placing an order -- if they are able to understand at all what you are saying.

After purchasing, I visited AVAS site again and found the same arrangement posted for $10 LESS than I had just paid. When I telephoned back they gave me a runaround saying it cost more to deliver them to my destination than to others, something they did not specify online or when I called to confirm. I was NOT given the $10 reduction in price as I asked; they offered a 10% discount of $4.99 which they promised would be credited to my card, but it hasn't yet been. I talked to computers, punched buttons, and was bugged afterward with a satisfaction survey.

Every time I go to the site and attempt to leave, I am bombarded with a flash sign offering a 10% discount. It is irritating and unprofessional, clearly a scam. They refused to tell me (it is "policy" not to, they said) where the flowers were coming from (not in the town of delivery) and, incredibly, they told me they would be delivered by either UPS or FedEx. That is no way to receive fresh flowers!

My dissatisfaction is complete, and it is incomprehensible that a company attempts to do business this way. Do not buy flowers from AVAS.

I could not be more dissatisfied as these were a gift to an elderly friend who almost died in a hospital and has been moved to a nursing home. What a welcome, and what a poor light it puts me in as the giver.

Leeds, Alabama, United States #1354498

Any time you see roses advertised for cheap, they either came from the grocery store or will arrive dry packed in the mail. Two dozen roses at any reputable florist cost in the neighborhood of $100 plus delivery and sales tax.

Flowers received dry packed have to have their stems cut in order for them to draw up water. Recut stems every two to three days for longer lasting flowers.

Ava's isn't a real florist but a sending only call center; one of many. They are based overseas somewhere but have two call center hubs in the US: NY and NJ.

These call centers advertise everywhere, have everything on sale and can only guarantee you that they will take your money. Always look for local phone numbers and addresses when searching for reputable florists.

@Anonymous

Excellent analysis and good advice. I realized too late this company is a scam and originally intended to deal with a local florist.

After I got into the deal I realized I had made a bad mistake and I shall never use this company again. Thanks for your input.

No vase ? Not "fraudulent".

Simply incomplete.

UPS or FedEx ? What else did you expect ?

Next time, patronize a local establishment. It's easy even if you're not in the vicinity of the recipient.

BAD.FLOWERS1
I didn’t like
Delivery and how they handled the issue
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund
Review #1077663 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Avasflowers - No flowers delivered, no refund of payment

I ordered a $62.93 bouquet for a funeral on 2/25/17, online. Received call the following day saying there was no truck available to make the delivery, so I cancelled the order.

No flowers were delivered but I have not received a refund of my money. After multiple attempts to get Avas to refund my $62.93 failed, I contacted the Better Business Bureau. On 6/11/17 the BBB responded that they closed the case because the business did not respond to the complaint! Apparently that is the extent of the power of the BBB; if there is no response to the complaint, oh well too bad.

What protection does a consumer have against false companies stealing their money?

Don't legitimate businesses who operate via the Internet realize how this hurts their profits, when consumers become fearful of ordering online? I do not know what other recourse I have but $62.93 represents a large loss to a disabled person on a fixed income, not to mention the sadness of not being able to send sympathy flowers to the service for a beloved grandfather.

Read

It took 8 months and several posted complaints but I finally received a full refund from Avas Flowers. No explanation; just the check.

But I am very relieved.

That's all I wanted. Thank you pissedconsumer.com!

Update: As of August 18, 2017 I still haven't received even a partial refund. Avas Flowers is the worst company I've ever dealt with. I hope they go bankrupt soon.

Nancels
I liked
Pictured product, Product as pictured online
I didn’t like
Flowers were never delivered, Payment was not returned, Failed to provide product, Refused to refund payment
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund
Review #1076485 is a subjective opinion of poster.
2.9

Avasflowers - Someone can't count Roses !

I ordered 2 Doz Roses for a closes Friend on Valentines Day and she only received 20 roses . I tried to call the same day and several days after and left messages ..

to date no one has ever called me back or emailed me . Had prior problems with delivery times as she works for the Spokane school District and wanted Morning delivery ... they tried at 3 pm . That being said ...

quality of flowers is excellent ... customer service needs serious work !

MadinSeattle2017
Problem with delivery
Review #1075083 is a subjective opinion of poster.
1.3

Avasflowers - Delivery Service Review

Ordered flowers, card, Mylar balloon and a bear for daughter's birthday on 6 jul 17. Advertised as a local florist which would deliver same day.

Didnt happen on the 6th. Then promised 7 pm on 7th. Didnt happen then today they told me i had 25 percent discount asks they would be here tonight by 7pm. Two days later.

Guess what? No flowers. I just read all these reviews and am feeling naseus and angry. I'll call my credit card company before i lose it on the company.

But i will call forest thing tomorrow morning. I could have grown the sun flowers by now!

Problem with delivery
Review #1071743 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1071743.

Avasflowers - Flowers Never Delivered and No Notification

On July 6, 2017, I ordered a standing funeral spray from Avas Flowers, to be delivered for the viewing on July 7, 2017. I indicated in the instructions that the viewing was on July 7, from 1:00 p.m.

to 5:00 p.m. and the funeral on July 8, 2017 at 2:00 p.m. On July 7, 2017, I checked the status and was advised the flowers were on the truck. On July 8, 2017, I checked the delivery status and was advised that the delivery had been rescheduled for July 10, 2017.

I explained that I ordered a standing spray for a funeral today. I was told the flowers would be delivered to the familys home. When I remarked why anyone would send a standing spray to a home, I was asked if I would rather have a fruit basket. When I informed the representative that my cousin lived alone and there was no one at her house to send a fruit basket to, this person replied where would you like us to send it.

When I requested a refund this person indicated he would see what they could do. I was subsequently transferred to a supervisor who asked if I wanted flowers delivered to a different location. When I responded no, I was asked if I wanted to cancel my order.

Cancel my order, didnt that happened when the company failed to deliver the order as promised. I am not sure which was worst, that this company failed to deliver flowers to the viewing, the funeral, provided no notification until I inquired or their nonchalant attitude towards the entire ordeal.

Leeds, Alabama, United States #1349576

Ava's is one of many sending only call centers and not a real florist. The only thing they can guarantee you is that they will charge your credit card for the money.

Other than that, most reputable florists won't deal with these call centers. All of the floral arrangements you see on Avas sympathy section are made of silk flowers. As a floral design specialist for over twenty years I can tell the difference.

Ava's sent the real florist about half of what you paid for the spray. And yes, if they think a florist will deliver anything they wire to them they will ask them to deliver a spray to the home address.

Order processing issue
Review #1071717 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1071717.

Avasflowers - Avas Flowers is MINUS 3 Stars or Less

Wish I'd read the reviews on this site before ordering from Ava's Flowers. When I placed my order by phone this morning, I explained that the recipient would not be home until after 3:00.

The salesperson assured me that the delivery would be made after 4:00 p.m. today. I found out later that they had written the order up as a "rush" order to be delivered by 3:00 with an additional charge, which I'd never agreed to. Shortly after 2:00, I received an email saying the delivery couldn't be made because no one was home and that you would try again tomorrow.

(In fact, someone else was home all day but they are sick and could not have answered the door.) I called to find out why the delivery attempt was made at the wrong time. All they said was that they would deliver them tomorrow. The flowers were for an important occasion Today so delivering them tomorrow would be too late. I then asked to cancel the order and was told that I will only receive a partial refund because they could not refund the driver's and designer's fees.

So I am being charged for something I did not receive and did not request. That is stealing.

Problem with delivery
Review #1071312 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1071312.

Avasflowers - Ava's Flowers bad business

I ordered an item which clearly said it was available for 'same day' delivery. I received an email later that day, that my package could not be delivered that day and the next day was a holiday (which was fine -my fault for procrastinating).

The next week, I hadn't yet received any confirmation that my package had been delivered, so I called. My package had still not been delivered a full week after my original 'same day' order had been placed. I demanded a refund and after a 30 minute phone call with two clearly foreign call center representatives, I received a confirmation number for my refund. I'll never order from Ava's Flowers again and I think you should also reconsider using them - just call a local florist directly, near the area where your gift recipient lives.

They'll have lower prices and better service for sure. Good riddance.

Order processing issue
Review #1071087 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer1071087.