Featured

Avasflowers in Bay City, Michigan - They delivered the wrong item and did little about it

Ordered an arrangement for a lady I had just began dating, picture was a soft display. What they sent arrived in an I Love You mug, the lady was insulted, they did very little to accommodate my insult and injury.

They offered a $17.00 refund on a $58 sale. I contacted the florist directly who delivered the order. First, he was only paid $30 and told them he cold not provide what I ordered, the told him to proceed.

I posted the pictures of what I expected and then what I received. How would you feel if you received that!!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States #808696

I hear you. I ordered two dozen roses for a good friend who was sent home with hospice to die.

she had never received two dozen roses at one time and i thought she deserved it-so ordered them for her. only 19 came and those didnt even fit in the "special" vase they advised me to order in order to fit two dozen. They said it would come local and did not.. ups truck brought them and she had to call for help to get them unpackaged and to try and fit them in the vase.

after two months of complaining, they refunded me $15.00 on a 75.00 order.. big woop!

i wanted her to have two dozen roses for the first and prob last time in her life... the refund did nothing for her

drifterspe
Loss
Review #481558 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Avasflowers in Whitesville, West Virginia - Funeral flowers not delivered

Ordered flowers from this company for my Aunt's funeral. Received an email the DAY of the funeral that they were unable to deliver the flowers but would deliver when available with a 15% discount.

I called the company to cancel and was asked, "why, what is the problem?" Funeral was TODAY, it's too late. The sales rep was hesitant to give me a confirmation number for the cancellation which made me uneasy. I will be anxious to see if I am credited the cost of the flowers. I am most upset that I didn't get flowers sent to her funeral.

Wish I had read this before ordering from this company. Buyer Beware.

They have a 4.5 star rating on the search engine. Steer clear of Avas Flowers!

sharonmink
Whitesville, West Virginia
Loss
Review #481555 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Featured

Avasflowers in Anaheim, California - Avoid at all Costs. Fraudsters, Liars, Thieves! Not Local.

My whole experience with Ava's flowers has been horrible. Even the invoice of the flowers ordered is incorrect.

The flowers arrived 2 days late to the address in Anaheim, this was even after e-mailing and calling them from the UK to see what was going on. They lied and said the florist had poor flowers and couldn't deliver on time. They tried to get me to keep the order and assured me it would be there in the early morning and would be like the boquet ordered. I clarified that no Lillies were to be included (recipient allergic), the original boquet that had been ordered had no lillies at all.

The subsequent boquet that was delivered in the end, not containing anything like the orginal and left at the door was filled with massive lillies and looked worse for wear, being delivered from San Diego.

The discrepencies in what you receive with them are a laughable--if you hadn't paid joke--and not even remotely in any way close (or of a normal substitute). Avoid Ava's flowers at all costs!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States #808698

Photostar
Loss
Review #481182 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Featured

Avasflowers in Boynton Beach, Florida - Flores arrived droopy and half dead. Major rip off

My daughter sent us flowers for a birthday. They arrived by UPS in a box. When we opened them they were half dead because of a lack of moisture or water.

We put them in a vase and added water but most of the pedals were already turning brown. In the morning they were virtually dead.

Major rip off. I recommend finding a local florist nearby to where you are sending them. Check them out carefully or look for a personal recommendation.

Whatever you do stay away from Ava's florists. It's a waste of your money. Better to buy flowers from anyone else.

Read
Review #480770 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer480770.

Avasflowers - SCAM! DON'T BUY FROM AVA'S

Recently a friend of mine order some flowers from them, it was a total scam, flowers were delivered on the wrong day, with the wrong card, there is NO refund, costumer service is no use! They are a call center kind of florist, not local, delivered in a UPS box!

no matter what the sales rep says, they are not local, they are a call center and dont even get to see the flowers!!

Investing in ava's products is a total waste of money and time.Do not order from them, they are a fraud, and deliver horrible flowers! horrible experience!

Loss
Review #480655 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer480655.

Avasflowers - Un happy customer

i ordered a pink rose arrangement ,what i got was different from what i ordered ,i have to say im was very embarrased when the person that received the flowers send me a picture ,1 it wasnt a arrangement ,2 she had to put it together because the vase came seperate and so do the roses I paid 120.00 for for some roses i could of purchase in Shoprite ,i also ordered a Teddy bear with a pink bow and instead i get a green bow .I will never use Avas flowers again and i recommend that u dont either

Mankato, Minnesota, United States #799356

This place sucks. The day that I wanted the flowers delivered I was told via email that they couldn't deliver on the specified day.

I called and they assured that they could be delivered the next day at a specific time. These flowers were to be delivered for a funeral. They were never delivered. In talking to the CUStermer service, she was rude, disrespectful and condescending and sarcastic.

. I explained to her more than there times when she twisted all to meet her. She claimed there was not a address for the recipient. She was dead.

An address was given. She explained I gave no address. She proceeded to say they called to let me know...ah no!

Please join me and post it on Facebook. When my bank investigates I'm about certain they can recover my ninety plus dollars.

Ava's is a 1-800 kind of florist, total scam! never use them!

sales reps never even get to see the arrangements they sell! not locals!!!

teddyramirez
Loss
Review #480460 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Avasflowers in Santa Monica, California - Horrible customer service, but from the looks of it I am the lucky one!

I was looking to have a expensive order of flowers delivered 5 days out. I got Avas from a search engine.

I emailed them looking for information, and 2 days later a reply (but weekend) instructing me to contact them via phone.

I spent over an hour on the phone trying to place this order, I keep getting transfered, diconnnected, they would return phone call and no one would answer just got a message stating that the only party part of this call? What? I spoke to at least 7 differant people trying to get this simple yet pricey order placed.

After over an hour I finally gave up, found a local (which is what I thought I had) florist, 10 minutes later, friendly order placed and done.

What a waste of time this company Avas is, worthless. Save yourself the frustration and headach, go elsewhere.

Read
Review #480400 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer480400.

Avasflowers in San Antonio, Texas - Avas flowers - Horrible experience! Emotional disaster! Embarrassed customers!!

Avas Flowers - Embarrassed customers!! Emotional disaster!!! Horrible experience!!

I ordered 3 funeral arrangements for my family and friends in Texas through Ava's Flowers which portrayed itself as local and family owned. We wanted to find the best arrangements and paid over $500.00 to express our final tribute to our be loved brother/uncle.

We ordered two 6' standing flower arrangements - one cross and one heart and one basket from their colorful collections. When I entered the room at the wake, I could not believe those were our flowers until I checked the card. The stands were less than 4' tall, the cross was totally different than the picture shown on the ad and the order confirmation. I was embarrassed as well as my brother,sister, daughter and son. They put trust in me and traveled thousands of miles from east coast, west coast and out of county to pay their final respect. Instead of honoring our beloved brother/uncle, it was a slap in the face. To make matters worst, the names showed for the other 'standing Heart' should be from the niece and nephew and their spouses, but none of the niece and nephew's name appeared on the card, only miss match their spouses name! I have the order confirmation as well to prove. This is ridiculous!!

After contacting them multiple times by phone calls and email. No one return the phone call. The only response we received was a standard form letter to giving us credit points. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY - SCAM

Read

Call your credit card and dispute the charge. I did and showed my credit card company this site. It's the only way to get your money back!

Review #479967 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer479967.

Avasflowers - Bad customer service

Update by user Mar 19, 2014

After several calls, the flowers were "rerouted" to the correct address. Did I technically "lose" $64?

Not really.

It was just a very bad investment for a friend that needed a "pick me up." No need to be accused of libel. My point still stands about being warned.

Original review posted by user Mar 19, 2014

In the 1990s, CBS 60 Minutes had a segment about mega companies that buy up phone listings for flower shops across the country beginning with "A." There's usually a number but no address. The McFlower shop pays a local florist to fill the order with specific instructions.

If I used my computer instead of my phone, I could have found a place with a physical address. Avas was not a good choice. Although it is "family owned for 30 years," your calls are routed to a northeastern state with the call center din in the background. The flowers were delivered to the wrong address.

Customer service was less than cooperative to rectify the problem, because there is always a different person when you call. My guess is that they make their money on "one and done" customers.

For the money I spent, a local florist would have sent a much nicer bouquet that wasn't 60% green and 40% non-green. Be warned consumers.

Read

I agree , very poor service!!!

99487LPQ
Loss
Review #479878 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Avasflowers in Phoenix, Arizona - Wish I had read up on the company before ordering!! HORRIBLE SERVICE- BIG RIP OFF

I put in a 10 day order. They couldn't spell the name right, had the wrong delivery address so I call back and make the corrections.

I am promised a call later that day to confirm this large order. No call. Flowers are delivered one day and then stop. They bill me for the full amount and when I try to call to cancel the remaining days, I am forced to go through an hour of computer guidance that leads me to no where.

When I finally get a customer service rep and she realizes what my problem is, I get put on hold again and then eventually the call hangs up.

It's impossible to get through to a human once you make an order. And from what I am reading of other's complaining about this serive, it will be next to impossible to get my money back.

Loss
Review #479363 is a subjective opinion of PissedConsumer479363.